Nutella

Always

Suzie glared at her reflection in her bathroom mirror. Water dripped down her pale skin, clinging to her lashes and full cheeks. Her heart played a speedy rhythm against her ribs that her waltzing brain couldn’t quite keep up with. It’s a lesson, Suzie. It’s just another lesson, just like any other. She thought the words over and over, like a mantra. They did nothing to calm her nerves. Suzie mulled over how she’d been a nervous wreck when Minseok was visiting her in secret, this was a whole new level of sweaty palms and twitches.

 It’s just another lesson, Suzie.

With a heave of hot breath that inevitably fogged up her mirror she decided it was finally time to get ready. Slouching away from the counter to change into her carefully chosen outfit Suzie yanked a brush through her long hair and inserted her contact lenses into her unusual eyes, there was no way she was wearing glasses today. Suzie wasn’t aware of what drove her to put on her make up, it wasn’t like Minseok hadn’t seen her bare-faced before, he’d stayed the night for heaven’s sake, but she did anyway. She smoothed her foundation onto her skin; it was a light dewy liquid that managed to glide over her blemishes and not make her look like a clown. With a flick of her hand her base coat was sealed with powder and a dash of peachy blush was applied to her cheeks, a similar shade was used to gloss her full, enviable lips. Finally a layer of dark mascara was applied over her already black lashes; it was more of a habit than a necessity as her lashes were naturally longer than most peoples.

With an appraising nod at her reflection Suzie exited the bathroom and went to make breakfast. Minseok was arriving in about twenty minutes and she knew he wouldn’t have eaten anything, especially if he was as nervous as she was. Quickly, Suzie whisked together the mixture for some pancakes and yanked her various pancake toppings out of the cupboard. Sugar and lemon? Check. Syrup?  Double check. Fresh fruit? Triple check. Nutella? … Where the hell is my Nutella? Suzie clambered onto her counters, her arm swinging around her cupboards fervently. She yanked a tub that had been abandoned on the top shelf forward, she beamed at the familiar white label but blanched when she realised the tub was completely bare. Glancing at her clock on the wall Suzie groaned. Minseok would be here any minute.  As if on cue, her doorbell rang.

‘I’m out of Nutella.’ Suzie whined as she opened the door to her apartment.

Minseok stared at her, his eyes wide and blinking, Suzie felt her face heat up. Biting her lip she kicked her door frame, her foot tapping in weak precise blows. She could have said anything, something cool or memorable, instead she’d said that. The ground opening up and swallowing her seemed like a better option than looking a Minseok’s face right now. A small chuckle filling the air surprised Suzie, it was warm and gentle, like hot chocolate warming her frigid nerves. Minseok’s laugh could make anything okay.

‘Well, we better go and get some more, Teacher.’ Suzie stiffened, she knew he was acting it out so nobody would get suspicious, but they hadn’t even left the apartment yet and he was calling her that.

‘Don’t call me that.’ Suzie muttered, grabbing her purse and yanking on her boots.

‘Don’t call you what, Teacher?’ Suzie could feel Minseok’s smirk in his voice.

‘You know what!’ Suzie snapped.

‘Okay, I’m sorry!’ Minseok paused and glanced sideways before pressing his lips to Suzie’s ear and whispering, ‘Sorry, Teacher.’

Suzie blushed at the feel of Minseok’s lips against her ear; their soft surface grazed her skin like satin. His warm breath felt like it was fogging her mind, clouding her judgement. For Christ’s sake, Suzie! He didn’t even say anything dirty! Suzie kneaded her knuckles into her eyes and quickened her pace. The last thing she needed was Minseok making this harder for them than it already was.

Minseok glanced up at Suzie’s retreating back and busied himself texting.

GROUP MESSAGE TO : EXO-K; EXO-M

Minseok: I think I pissed Suzie off again.

Baekhyun: Already?! What the hell did you do, Hyung?

Kyungsoo: Is she okay?

Minseok: I don’t know?! She was fine one minute, now she’s walking away from me!

Baekhyun: How is she walking away from you?! You’re in her apartment?

Minseok: ….

Baekhyun: Why do I get the feeling you’re not in her apartment?

Kyungsoo: Why aren’t you studying?

Kyungsoo: What if someone sees you?

Kyungsoo: What are you doing?

Minseok: No, we’re not in her apartment.

Minseok: We’re not studying because there was no Nutella!

Chanyeol: NUTELLA? Sorry, I’m having my hair done. What’s up, Hyung?

Baekhyun: Captain Insensitive over here managed to insult Suzie. Again.

Chanyeol: Didn’t your lesson only start at 10? It’s like still 10, Hyung.  But why Nutella?

Minseok: Because

Minseok: Urm, I don’t actually know? Because she was out of Nutella?

Baekhyun: Why would you two need Nutella?

Baekhyun: Eh?

Baekhyun: D’you get it? *WINK, WINK*

Minseok: WE ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE . JESUS.

Baekhyun: FINE. SHEESH. But seriously!

Baekhyun: HOW is she walking away from you?

Minseok: We’re outside!

Minseok: Baekhyun, I thought we covered this.

Baekhyun: NOT HOW IS IT POSSIBLE. HOW IS SHE WALKING?

Chanyeol: … Even I got that.

Baekhyun: No you didn’t. Focus on your hair, Chanyeol.

Minseok: Erm. I suppose… Angrily? She has her arms crossed and she’s walking quickly?

Baekhyun: Ohhhh, I see.

Minseok: What is it!?

Baekhyun: I have no ing clue! GO. ASK. HER. WHAT’S. WRONG.

Kyungsoo: I second that. Study well, Hyung!

 

Minseok shoved his phone in his pocket and tried desperately to catch up with Suzie, he hoped this worked. Reaching out one hand gently he pulled her backwards and nuzzled his nose into her neck, his breath fanned out against her skin and slid his arms around her waist. Suzie’s back was rigid against his chest as he pressed his lips once to her neck.

‘Suzie? What’s wrong?’ Minseok pleaded gently.

‘What? I’m Suzie now? What happened to teacher?’ She muttered bitterly, trying to jolt away from his warm arms.

‘You will never be just my teacher, Suzie.’ Minseok growled softly, unaware of how weak Suzie’s knees felt at that moment. She scoffed quietly and pushed him off.

‘Less of that, Student Kim. Or I’ll give you detention.’ With a playful wink Suzie strolled off, leaving her blushing and thoroughly distracted student behind.