White Lace

Always

Suzie heaved a breath of cold air into her lungs, she felt her chest expand under the weight of silk and lace as she rested her head on the window frame. Glancing down at her perfectly manicured nails she noticed the white crescents were a different shade to her dress. 

'Typical.' She thought a little nervously, tutting slightly and glancing at the gleaming ring on her finger. It was two beautiful bands of white gold, intertwining gently within one another. They met framing a beautiful garnet, surrounded by a circle of small white diamonds. Suzie smiled gently at the ring. Her birthstone was the centerpiece of the most beautiful engagement ring she'd ever seen. The way the almost red stone contrasted againt her pale skin was like cream tipped on ripe, red apples. The small freckles on her hands and small creases only damaged what would have been a perfect canvas for a perfect piece of art.

When she'd sahred her thoughts, Minseok had merely chuckled at her, 'The lines on your palms are your story, Suzie. They're our story. It's beautiful and wonderful. It may have taken a while for us to get here and we've argued and fought. We've been through hell and back and worse. But you're still here. I'm still here. We're still standing and we're so very in love. Okay?'

Suzie smiled as she remembered his romantic words. As the sentimental side of her felt the urge to hug her partner, her reasonable side reminded her what day it was. 

'It's bad luck, Suzie.' Suzie lay her head gently on her arms. A strong desire to take off her heels and run came over her and she glanced at the door. It was as though she couldn't quite catch her breath as butterflies swirled violenty around her stomach. Breathing in through her nose Suzie avertted her eyes to the corner of the waiting room for the first time and fell open when she saw herself in the mirror. Her long dark hair was pulled backwards in a series of plaits and curls, showing off her elfin cheekbones and jaw. Her blue eyes, which she'd always considered too round, were lined gently in black, looking wary and alluring as they stared back at her. A sweep of gold had been brushed acorss her heavy lids, finsihing in white as it reached the tear ducts. Lashes that were thick and dark fanned outward, long and full, completely natural. She blushed at the sight of her lips. She'd always thought they were too full. Too round and pouty. But in a shade of baby pink they looked just right. Carefully she lifted her hand and saw the Suzie in the mirror do the same. She giggled like a child, amused by the game. Gently she pushed a stray hair back from her face. Only when she felt the silken strang between her fingers did she ackowledge that the Suzie in the mirror was real, that she could look this way. Suzie couldn't help the tears that threatened to spill from her large eyes, so she let them fall, noticing how the mascara she was wearing was waterproof.

'Suzie? Oh, God! Are you okay?' Nuri yelped, rushing in from her position by the door and immediately helping fix Suzie's make up. She blended out the tear tracks, reapplied her foundation and powder and made sure no damage was done to her eyeliner. 'Better.' She whsipered as she smileda at her friend. Suzie sniffled a little and smiled back, her eyes crinkling at the corners a little as they formed crescents. Nuri held her friend tightly, nuzzling into her neck. 

'I cant' believe you're getting married and leaving me!' Nuri wailed her own tears threatening to spill over as Suzie laughed at her friends stupidity. Nuri's petite frame looked perfect in the pale pink bridesmaid dress she was wearing, but the strange way she'd folded her body to fit onto Suzie's lap was creasing the delicate silk.

'Nuri, you and Sehun have eachother.' Suzie removed her friend gently, her hands rubbing circles on her shoulders as she inspected her make up. 'You look beautiful, Nuri.'

'You look like an angel.' Suzie chuckled and pulled the younger girl close.

'You're the closest thing I have to a sister, Nuri, I'm never going to abandon you.'

'I  know, I know. I was just playing.' Nuri backed away slowly, sheepishly adjusting her wavy hair bangs. She glanced up at Suzie, before throwing her arms arond the bride's waist. 'You really do look beautiful.' 

Suzie smiled gently and wrapped Nuri closer to her. The smaller girl didn't move for a long time and she held her for as long as she needed. Suzie had been her closest friend for years. She'd been the first person Suzie had told about Minseok, Nuri was the one she went to whenever she was sad and lonely, the shoulder she cried on when they fought. Suzie didn't say a single thing as they hugged, she didn't even speak when Nuri pulled away, she simply smiled and nodded when Nuri asked if she was ready. 

Stepping out of that waiting room was the scariest thing Suzie ever had to do. Her heat beat frantically in the corset ties of her dress, her chest straigning against the silk that was lined with soft lace. Suzie felt too simple, too understated in her dress as she took a small step behind Nuri's petite frame into the vast melodious air of the hall. Her ears caught ever gasp and coo from the family and friends on either side of the aisle. Glancing quickly to the side she caught her reflection in a huge, gilt framed mirror. The skirt of her dress dropped at her waist, falling fluidly past her hips to the floor. Delicate lace trimmed the hem of the train that trailed slightly behind her and was cloaked by the long, single tier veil she had over her soft curled updo. Suzie held her pale pink rose bouquet a little tighter and took a firm step forward, filled with a self-confidence she had never felt before. In the moments before she looked toward the top of the aisle and caught sight of the man of her dreams, Suzie felt beautiful. 

Minseok knew when the bridal party walked into the church, his body visibly tightened and he felt a buzz of electricity travel up his spine. Shivering gently he glanced at his grooms party. Luhan, who had claimed the honour of being his best man, was being nudged violently by a slightly peeved looking Sehun. No doubt Nuri was walking down the aisle. Minseok held his breath and waited for their reactions. It was both insanely interesting and extremly ner-wracking to see Sehun and Luhan's reactions to Suzie walking down the aisle. All at once their furious nudging battle stoppped. Luhan's mouth fell even further, his small mouth basically dislodging itself from his jaw as Sehun's elbow stopped mid-strike, dropping feebly to his side. Sehun gulped and glanced at Nuri who had taken her side next to Suzie's Goddaughter, Hana. The little girl was craning her neck to try and see past the turned heads of the crowd. Minseok gulped and turned slowly. 

He had always thought Suzie was perfect. Her long dar hair, her captivating eyes, her pale skin, her mischievious personality, her compassion. Everything about Suzie was perfect. But right at that moment, he thought she was the most beautiful she'd ever been. It was as though she was shining, the sway of her hips in perfect time to the soft violin melody that was filling the air. Her long dark hair pulled upwards and falling gently aroud her soft, angular face. She seemed so vibrant. Like she was constantly glowing and pulsating. Her eyes caught his and he felt the first tears he'd cried in a long, long time spill from his almond eyes as a ridiculous grin tugged at his lips. Suzie smiled back, speeding up a little as she reached him, her hand falling perfectly into his as they turned to face the front of the hall. 

Suzie and Minseok never lost eye contact until the moment came when the sermon was over. Minseok leant in gently, his nose barely brushing Suzie's as her hand came up to cradle his jaw. He chuckled a little as she pushed up on her tiptoes, forcing their lips toegther. The kiss was soft and gentle, Minseok and Suzie clung to eachother afterward, illuminated in their joy. Cheers rang through the hall, champagne was drunk, dances were had and when it was all over Suzie and Minseok trailed off together, holding hands as they wandered of through the large gardens. 

'I'm a little bit smitten.' Suzie peeked up through her lashes at her husband, he chuckled and pulled them over to bench in an alcove. Fairy lights wound around the trees, lighting up the beautiful flowers. Music could still be heard in the air as Suzie nuzzled her head into Minseok's neck giggling childishly when he complained that it tickled. 

'I still can't breathe in this dress.' Suzie smiled, staring up at the moon peaking through the trees. 

'Really? Looks perfect.' Minseok grinned cheesily as Suzie wafted her hand in his direction, waving away the compliment. She took a deep pensieve sigh.

'I put some weight on recently.'

'Really?'

'Yeah. And I've been eating a lot.'

'Maybe that's why you keep getting sick?' Minseok mumbled, Suzie rolled her eyes.

'It's definitely not because of alcohol. I haven't been drinking.' Suzie closed her eyes, smiling a little to herself. 

'What? Why? It's your wedding night, Suzie! You have to drink someth-'

'I'm pregnant!' Suzie yelled, cutting off Minseok's oblivious complaints with one quick. He stared at her blankly for a few seconds. Suzie sighed and turned back tot he moon. 'Five, four, three, two, one..'

'You're pregnant? We're going to have a baby? A baby? Are you kidding?' Minseok knelt in front of Suzie, tilting her head down so he could look into her eyes.

Suzie shook her head once, squeezing her eyes tightly shut. Minseok grinned. He was wrong, this was the moment where Suzie had never looked more beautiful. With that he pulled his wife into a tight hug, whilrling round the gardens. Their giggles filled the air humming garden air as the music played on in the distance, filling the already busy night with a thousand more notes.