CHAPTER 8: DON’T LEAVE ME

Voodoo Doll

SPEED-One Day

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It was Saturday morning. Chorong was happily walked to Changjo’s house. In front of the house, she pressed the door bell. Mrs. Choi opened the door and gave her a broad smile.

 

“Good morning, Aunty” Chorong bowed. “Good morning, Chorong” Changjo’s mother greeted back. “You’re here to see Changjo right? Come in”

 

“Thank you, Aunty” Chorong followed Mrs. Choi into the English style house. *Changjo is lucky to have a beautiful house* “What can I make for you, my dear? Do you want some tea? I’ll make it for you” Mrs. Choi headed to the kitchen. “I’ll help you” Chorong followed to the kitchen.

 

Chorong helped to prepare the cups.

 

“Chorong, did Changjo being nice with you?” Mrs. Choi was stirring the tea. “Yes. He is nice” “That’s what I’m worried about these past few days” her brow started to wrinkle. “Why? What’s wrong? Is anything bad happen?” “Nothing. I just worried. He’s being too nice lately. I’m worried that something bad will happen to him”

 

“Calm down, Aunty. Don’t think such thing. I’m sure everything is fine just like always” Chorong patted her shoulder although she, herself felt uneasy.

 

“Let me carry it” Chorong took the tray with cups and teapot. “Thank you, Chorong” Mrs. Choi took a plate of biscuits and led her to the living room.

 

“Hi, Jaebum” Chorong greeted Changjo’s younger brother, who was watching movie. “Noona, hi” he waved. Chorong helped to serve the tea.

 

“Jae, go call your brother” Mrs. Choi instructed. “Okay” Jaebum got up and went upstairs.

 

“How’s your parents, Chorong?” “They’re fine” The two chat more until Jaebum got down back and threw himself on the sofa.

 

“Where’s your brother?” Mrs. Choi asked. “Hyung doesn’t answer. He’ll be up soon” They watched the movie. Minutes later,

 

“Where’s Changjo?” Mrs. Choi glanced at the clock. “Go and wake him up, Chorong. Take her to Changjo’s room, Jae” “Sure, mom. Come noona” Jaebum stood and led Chorong to Changjo’s room.

 

“Sorry for troubling you, Jaebum” Chorong smiled. “Not at all, noona. Noona, I thought maybe you can accompany Jonghyun hyung to my basketball tournament next week?” “Oh. Of course. Why not?” “Yay! Thanks, Chorong noona”

 

 

Jaebum knocked on his brother’s room door.

 

“Hyung! Jonghyun hyung!” he called. “Wake up, hyung. Your girlfriend is here” Still, there was no answer.

 

“That’s weird. Wait, noona” Jaebum took a bunch of keys from a drawer nears them. He inserted the key to the door knob and opened the door.

 

At the sight of Changjo, Jaebum and Chorong were speechless. Changjo was on his bed, slept forever. Blood traced down from his lips and his shirt was drenched with blood from his heart. Chorong shouted in shock and cried.

 

“Kids, what happen?” Mrs. Choi rushed on the stairs. She skidded to a stop in front of the room. Her hand closed her gapped mouth. “Hyung” Jaebum whispered, still looking at his lifeless brother in disbelief. “Jonghyun” warm tears rolled down Mrs. Choi wrinkled face. “Changjo oppa” Chorong called between her sobs. Jaebum pulled both his mother and Chorong into her embrace. Chorong continued to cry in his hug.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chorong sat alone at her boyfriend funeral. Her face was gloomy and facing the floor.

 

“Chorong-ah” someone called her softly. She slowly lifted her head up. It was Joonyoung! In flash, her face changed. Anger and hatred filled his heart. Chorong shoot up and pushed him in anger.

 

“I know you did this to him! You killer!” her shout attracted everyone’s attention. “Chorong, calm down” Joonyoung said. “Just go away! You shouldn’t be here! You killed him! I know you did!” Chorong kept on puching him. He backed away. “Get lost! You’re a murder!” “I don’t know what you’re talking about Chorong! I’m just here to see my senior!” “You can’t! Get out from here! You’re evil!” She hit his chest hard. “Chorong, what’s wrong with you?!” “What’s wrong with me? You should ask that to yourself! What’s wrong with you?! Why did you do this?!” “Did what?!” “Don’t ask such stupid question! You killed Changjo! You’re evil!” she shouted.

 

“Noona, calm down” Jaebum held her arm down from behind. “Let me go, Jae! I want to kill this !” Chorong struggled to free. “Chorong noona, please. Changjo hyung will never come back even if you do this” he whispered the last sentence in sadness and hugged her from behind. At mention of Changjo’s name, Chorong broke into tears. She turned to face Jaebum and cried in his embrace. Jaebum patted her back.

 

“I’m sorry hyung but can you leave?” Jaebum looked at Joonyoung. “Sure. I’m sorry for your lost” Joonyoung bowed and left the house.