[Crown-X] I

What've Gotten Into Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I can’t believe I’m really doing this!” Hyoyeon spat, almost in the verge to pull her short wig away from her head. It’s damn itchy and she doesn’t look good with short hair, literally. Mom isn’t going to admit she is her daughter anymore if that older woman knows she’s doing this crap.

The CEO dumbly stood at the corner of his office but she knows he’s staring into her soul. Hyoyeon awkwardly turned her head away, ready enough just in case the Mr. Angry Bird will storm out right into her face. Later, she heard him chuckling, “I don’t expect this but you really look like your brother” and she looked at the taller guy.

“Tell me again why you won’t wait for Kyunghyo to fully recover from his surgery. Asking me to be him isn’t necessary, seriously”

“You know how famous Crown-X is-“

“I don’t have any idea who the hell they are…”

“… I’m sure you’ve been living somewhere in the jungle because they’re like-“

“Oh please, what are you gonna say? Exploding like a volcano? Really famous that they won an Oscar?”

 “Well not an Oscar. You please don’t cut my words” Kris lets out a sigh, exasperated. His long legs slowly paced towards where the girl is sitting. The coffee in his hands is getting colder thanks to the air-con.

Kris doesn’t like a cold drink so he offered the girl his coffee but she quickly shook her head because seriously, what kind of man he is to give the same cup he drank? Shrugging his shoulders, Kris puts down the cup on the table and sat on his sofa across Hyoyeon.

“Look, Chanyeol case was over almost 4 months ago and it’s before your brother’s surgery. Before Kyunghyo went to England, he’d agreed to join the band before June so we planned for a comeback this September. We really need your help because your brother won’t come until next year”

“It’s going to be hard for me then… I have to memorize the notes. Recording and all…” she buried her face in her hands.

“You don’t really need to work hard though. Baekhyun’s the one who’s supposed to sigh, not you. We’ve recorded the whole album so all you need to do is to play the guitar on stage… and also, the chords aren’t that complicated, it’s simple, I swear” Kris’s words made Hyoyeon to lift her face. Despite knowing that the girl’s mood boosted up a little, he kept his straight voice, “I just hope you’ll try your best. Don’t be such a brat. I already have another four brats so don’t burden me more”

Hyoyeon scrunched her nose. As long as she knew, her mom never complaints anything about her behaviour so she guessed, she behaves pretty well. What’s this man asking for her to behave well? He needed mirrors to look at how smug he is.

“I’m able to remember chords instantly” She’s a skilled guitarist and have been learnt the instrument since she’s ten so yeah… things seems to be all right for her. But the thing is she’s really concern about her soon idol life. She wonders all night why the heck Kyunghyo dreams to be an idol.

Someone told her that idol life is scary… packed schedules, not enough sleep, fall sick.

“And another thing…” Kris added, snapping Hyoyeon from her thought. “Just don’t fall in love with them”

“… eww what? Excuse me sir, I already have someone in my heart”

“Just in case, you know”

Yes, Zhang Yixing will always buried deep inside her heart. The Chinese guy is her first love and they’ve been dating for five months now so having a crush with one of the members is a nu-uh though she doubt herself too.

“Okay I guess this ended here” Kris stood up from the sofa as he buttoned his formal cloth. “Your members are waiting at the parking lot so enjoy your ride to your new home” there’s an unpleasant tone in his voice that she found exasperating but Hyoyeon is kind so she pushed away the thought to choke him. Or maybe pushed him out from the huge window…

“Ah! I almost forget” he stopped from opening the door. “Conceal your true identity and don’t let them know. If it’s all revealed, I’m sure they’ll make you pregnant…”

Hyoyeon lifted one of her eyebrows.

“… Pregnant of love feelings I mean. Well it’s not impossible for them to fall for you”

Ah now that sounds really clear. “Don’t worry. Even if that happens, I will do anything for them to stop”

“I doubt that”

 

~~

 

“This is our dorm!” Sehun exclaimed happily as he pulled Hyoyeon to stand in the living room. Kai was struggling with her heavy bags that he insisted to bring because he said “I don’t want my new friend struggled in his first day! Let me be” and he kindly snatched away the fat bags.

Hyoyeon looked around the dorm. She didn’t expect it to be all neat and tidy because man’s place usually even worse than pig’s barn. Maybe one of them is a neat-freak that even the CD is arranged well according to the first alphabet.

“You guys are… fine” she murmured, looking at Sehun who’s sharing his ice-cream with Kai that she remembered they bought while getting some groceries just now. Sehun pulled the ice cream bucket away from Kai and he consumed it real quick before said, “Of course we’re fine” despite swallowing the cold cream.

Kai smiled, “If Baekhyun hyung isn’t here, our dorm will be not look like this. He cleans almost like every day”

 “Baekhyun? You have another member?”

The question seemed to pull out their ridiculous shocked face. A gasp could be heard probably from Luhan who’s sitting right beside her on the couch. She shifted uncomfortably before asking again, “What?”

“Don’t tell me you don’t know”

“Don’t tell me you don’t even recognize us”

“Don’t tell me you live in the jungle”

Heh. Of course, I don’t even know who the hell you are… Wait.

“… N-no” she quickly denied after realised her mistake. Of course they expect her to know because they think she’s Kyunghyo, and Kyunghyo knows everything about them. Stuttering, she retorted “I mean, I thought Baekhyun isn’t living here”

 

A loud ‘ahhh~’ escaped from their mouth.

“Wait! We haven’t introduced him yet to the leader!” Kai cupped his cheeks, looking terrified as hell.

Sehun then joined, the mixture of shocked and happy (ice cream, again) crept on his face. Hyoyeon wondered, is that an intentional ugly face or he’s just born to look like that. When Luhan grabbed her wrist, she asked, “Where are we going?”

“To the leader”

“No, wait!”

The next moment she knew, she’s being dragged by the Chinese flower boy into somewhere in the dorm. His hand held a knob as he twisted and the door opened, revealing a big and well-organized room. Someone was sitting on a spinning chair, his back faced them. Hyoyeon could see that he’s scribbling something on a paper.

“Baekhyun” Luhan voiced but the figure didn’t move. “Baek”

“What”

“Please stop hiding your face. Come on and look our new member. Don’t be such a shy cat-“

“I’m not being shy, hyung” he spun the chair around, looking at them with a not amused look. His fingers are busy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter