A short chapter

Silence is louder than words

"Drive faster! Please Junhyung!" Hyunseung urged him, sighing when he only drove a little faster. Junhyung was the most careful driver ever knew; he stopped at every red light, went under the speed limit perfectly and always made sure that his seatbelt was on. Although it was good to know he took safety seriously, at the state Junhyung was going they would be arriving to Hyunseung's destination in an hour.

 

"I am." Junhyung simply said, his eyes never swaying off the road. Hyunseung clenched his hands into a tight fist and sighed. 

 

He loved his boyfriend a lot, sometimes so much that it frightened him. But sometimes they could get onto each other's nerves. 

 

They were the complete opposite. Hyunseung was fast. Junhyung liked to take things slowly. Hyunseung liked milk chocolate, while Junhyung prefered dark. And there was that huge arguement that Hyunseung and Junhyung always had: coke or pepsi. 

 

Hyunseung touched Junhyung's hand and sweetly said, "Junhyung, I love you. However, if you don't let me take over and drive I will seriously go insane soon."

 

Junhyung looked over quickly to see Hyunseung's eyes narrow and he thought of what to do. He hated anyone driving his car, as it was his personal property but Hyunseung was looking scarier and scarier by the second. Also, Junhyung had other things on his mind. 

 

"Fine," he sighed. Pulling the car over, he got out and swapped seats with Hyunseung so that he was now in the passenger's seat. "Happy now?"

 

Hyunseung happily nodded, and without warning started the car and drove off so fast that Junhyung felt sick. 

 

"Slow down!" Junhyung told him, and his eyes nearly buldged when he saw the speed he was going at. "If you don't slow down I'm driving again."

 

"Okay, but only since you asked nicely. I'm just so excited to see Doojoon again." Hyunseung smiled. Doojoon was an old and close friend of his, along with his other friend Kikwang. It had been Doojoon and Kikwang who had supported Hyunseung when he had been trying to sort out his feelings for Junhyung, and they had stuck by him when everyone else had disapproved Junhyung and Hyunseung's relationship. They had been the best friends that he could had ever had: kind, caring and unjudgemental. 

 

Junhyung was happy for Hyunseung, and although his eyes raised when he heard what a popular guy Doojoon had been in high school, he swallowed his jealousy away knowing how understanding he had been with Junhyung. Any friend of Hyunseung's was his. 

 

"Any word from Yoseob?" Hyunseung asked and Junhyung shook his head. Ever since Yoseob had told him that he had found a job that night, it seemed like he'd vanished. He hadn't seen or heard Yoseob in a week, and when Junhyung tried to contact him he realised that he didn't have any infomation to where Yoseob lived or his phone number. It was all very annoying and frustrating for him. 

 

"I'm sure he's just busy with work." Hyunseung comforted him, using one hand to squeeze Junhyung's hand. 

 

"Keep your hand on the wheel," Junhyung told him but squeezed his hand back and smiled in appreciation. 

 

Finally, they arrived at his destination, and Hyunseung leaned in for a goodbye kiss.

 

"Can't you stay with me? I'll get lonely," Junhyung complained, making Hyunseung smile.

 

"I'll be seeing you soon, remember? Don't do anything silly." Hyunseung tapped his nose, and then got out of the car. He waved at Junhyung until he drove away, and then entered the police station.

 

"Hyunseung!" he was greeted by his friend Kikwang, who was eating a sandwich. His eyes twinkled and Hyunseung gave him a hug, bending his knees a little to be at the same height.

 

"Good to be seeing you! Where's Doojoon?" Hyunseung asked.

 

"He's in the other room, we've been waiting for you for ages. What took so long?"

 

"A slow Junhyung." Hyunseung grumbled and Kikwang chuckled at his comment. He sure couldn't understand the relationship between Hyunseung and Junhyung.

Love was strange.

 

-

 

Yoseob was getting slightly annoyed at the man infront of him, Yoon Doojoon. He hated his innocent and naive looking features, and the way Doojoon just pointed them out embarrassed him. In school? Yoseob had graduated high school many years ago, Yoseob thought as his hands curled up.

 

The way Doojoon smiled also nerved him, and he felt slightly uncomfortable around someone so carefree and open like him. He didn't seem to mind saying whatever he felt like, and nothing seemed to bother him. He smiled so often that Yoseob wondered whether his mouth hurt or not; regardless Yoseob found himself admiring his beautiful smile. Suddenly the door opened and Yoseob saw someone familiar step into the room.

 

"Yoseob? What are you doing here?" Hyunseung asked, his eyes widening a little. He saw Doojoon look at them curiously.

 

"You two know each other?" he asked. Hyunseung nodded, and then began to stare at Yoseob intensely. Immediately, Yoseob tried to avoid his eye contact, feeling guilty as he thought of Junhyung.

 

"Good afternoon, Hyunseung-ssi." Yoseob bowed politely, and gave a small smile. Hyunseung smiled back warmly, and then asked to the confused Kikwang and Doojoon, 

 

"Do you mind... if I have a quick conversation with Yoseob? I just need to talk to him about something." Yoseob felt a dreading feeling to his stomach, as Doojoon and Kikwang nodded and went out of the room. It was just Hyunseung and Yoseob now, and Yoseob had nowhere else to look but him. Hyunseung looked at him curiously, not saying anything until a few seconds later.

 

"How have you been, Yoseob?" Hyunseung asked carefully. Junhyung hadn't told him about Yoseob's background, but he had said that he had trouble with human contact so he tried to be as friendly as possible. Yoseob sensed his stiffness, and tried to act as casual as possible.

 

"Good." Yoseob said back neutrally, not displaying any form of tiredness or hardship. He had his poker face on, one that he always wore whenever he knew he was getting into something that he didn't want to be in.

 

"That's... good." There was a slight awkward silence, and Hyunseung coughed uncomfortably. He wasn't sure how to ask Yoseob this without accusing him. "So how has your job been?"

 

'Careful, Yoseob. Answer this as if you actually have one.' Yoseob told himself. "I've been enjoying it, although work has been hard and busy. I'm learning new things which I never thought I would, and it's interesting. I'm enjoying it."

 

"I'm happy for you, Yoseob. You know so is Junhyung." He felt a small stab in his stomach at the mention of his name, and Yoseob quickly shook it away. No thinking of Junhyung. "He's missed seeing you around the shops."

 

"I'm sorry; I've just been so busy..." he said. Yoseob was right; he was busy. Busy trying to get a job. Busy trying to find something to eat. Busy pretending like he was living well so Junhyung wouldn't worry. Busy lying to everyone including himself.

 

"No it's fine, Junhyung's just being a worry-wart like himself. He's doing his over-protective mother hen act again, obssesively washing the dishes and cleaning the resturant so much that it's driving everyone insane." Hyunseung chuckled, and Yoseob cracked a small smile at the thought of Junhyung cleaning furiously.

 

Hyunseung looked at his smiling, young self and he wondered whether it was even possible to think of Yoseob doing something like this. Still, Hyunseung had to ask his question so that it would clear misunderstandings up. It had been on his mind ever since Yoseob's absence, and he was sure that Junhyung was sub-consciously wondering the same thing. Taking in a deep breath, Hyunseung asked Yoseob seriously.

 

"Yoseob. Are you... avoiding Junhyung?"

 

A/V: Sorry about the AWFUL update. I've just been so busy with homework, sleep, and I got braces so they're being a pain... I really want write a nice, decent and angsty chapter but time is being a . Expect the next chapter to be better!