On rainy days

Silence is louder than words

A/N: I... I seriously don't know what happened. I said I was going to update, but I just forgot. I have no excuse either; I'm sorry to all my subscribers who were waiting for my update. Finally, here it is~

 

"Yoseob?" Doojoon blinked in bewilderment, and rubbed his eyes just to see whether he was imagining things. He wasn't. "What are you doing here? Are... you drunk?" he asked, glancing at the bottles of soju.

 

The small figure lifted his head up to look at him, and when he did he gave a wide smile that surprised Doojoon. "Mr. Yoon! It's nice to see you here." He tried standing up and bowing, but almost tripped. Luckily Doojoon grabbed him before he did. 

 

"Yoseob, seriously. Are you okay? It's dangerous to be out late at this time," he told him as he looked around. Very dangerous. 

 

"Why are you pretending to be worried for me? I'm fine, I'm not a little boy." Yoseob tried shrugging Doojoon's grip on him, but ended up almost  tripping again. "Let go of me!"

 

Doojoon, remembering the last time he had touched Yoseob slowly let go after knowing that he was stable enough to. He peered at the smaller man; he was smiling bigger than ever, and he seemed to be humming a song but there was a far away look in his eyes that seemed as if he was in another land. 

 

"Yoseob, do you have anyone to take you home? How are you going home?"

 

"Why go home when theres so many things to do?" Yoseob giggled, swagging back and forth. 

 

Definately a amateur, Doojoon thought to himself as he looked at Yoseob. "Is this your first time drinking?"

 

Yoseob nodded, and suddenly gave a seriously look. Taking his finger to his lips, he whispered, "But don't tell Junhyung!" Then he broke into a grin and began humming again. 

 

"Yoseob, it's late now. How about I just take you home?" Doojoon asked but Yoseob shook his head. "Come on Yoseob don't be like this. You have to go home; your head's going to hurt tomorrow."

 

"Home? What home?" Yoseob slurred and began to laugh. "How can you take me home when I have no home?"

 

This never occured to Doojoon. He stared at Yoseob, trying to see whether he was joking or not but the boy just smiled. However there was a bitterness to the words he had just spoken. 

 

"Fine. If you don't have a home or you're not telling me where you live, I'm going to have to take you to my house. Theres no knowing what could happened to you in your state right now." Doojoon mumured but if Yoseob had heard he ignored him. He waved at a taxi, and then turned to Yoseob. "Get in the car, you're going to have to stay over for the night."

 

"Junhyung said not to go into strangers cars." Yoseob scolded him. 

 

"It's okay, you're with me and I'm not a stranger; I'm your co-worker. Now hop him before I make you." Doojoon smiled and lightly pat him on the back. Doubtfully, Yoseob entered the car and after making sure he wore his seat-belt Doojoon did the same. After telling the taxi driver his address, he peered at the smaller one who was looking outside and still humming to himself the same tune.As Doojoon began to think of where Yoseob should sleep, the humming slowly came to a stop. Suddenly Doojoon felt something on his shoulder; he turned his head to see that Yoseob was leaning on it, having fallen asleep. He was snoring slightly, and was mumbling something too quiet for Doojoon to hear. He smiled. Doojoon couldn't believe that they were the same age; there was something about Yoseob that made him look so fragile; if he wasn't careful that he would break into a million pieces. He suddenly realise that he had been staring at Yoseob so closely that now their faces were only a few centimetres away from each other. His stomach clenched and he quickly looked away, touching his slightly burning face.

 

"What's wrong with you; if Yoseob had woken up he would've freaked." he muttered to himself, biting his lip. Slowly he looked back at Yoseob and had the sudden urge to look closer. He would've, if a sudden noise hadn't interuppted him. He looked outside and saw that all the images of the world had turned into a blur of colours. It had started to rain. 

 

-

 

I must be drunk,


I think I need to stop drinking


Since the rain is falling,


I think I might as well fall as well


Well this doesn’t mean that I miss you,

 

No it doesn’t mean that


It just means that the time we had together was a bit sharp


When it’s the type of day that you really liked,


I keep opening the raw memories of you


Making the excuse that it’s all memories


I take a step forward


I don’t even make the effort to escape

-

Doojoon was getting changed when he heard his voice. 

 

"Don't go."

 

"Yoseob?" Doojoon peered into his bedroom where Yoseob was sleeping in his bed. There was a pained expression on his face.

 

"Don't go." He suddenly sat up and reached his hand out, patting for something. Doojoon went over to him and looked at his eyes which were dazed and unfocused. He was sleep-talking. He then felt something on his hand; he looked down and saw that Yoseob's hand was holding his. His eyes slightly widened and he felt a strange feeling come to him. 

 

"I thought you had gone." Yoseob mumbled. "Don't leave me." He squeezed his hand and Doojoon bit his lip. Why was he behaving like this? Neverless, Doojoon squeezed his hand back and softly replied, 

 

"I won't."

 

-

Thud. Thud. Thud. Something was knocking at Yoseob's head, but he didn't know what. He tried opening his eyes, but immediately regretted it. The light pierced his eyes and he groaned. His head was aching, his throat was dry and his eyes were burning. He felt awful.

 

It took Yoseob ten minutes to be able squint and another ten minutes to have the guts to get out bed. Whose bed, he did not know he realised with a panic. The walls were navy and the bedsheets were clean white. It was quite an expensive and modern house; he didn't know anyone who could afford a place like this. He walked down the stairs slowly, rubbing his eyes and groaning some more. He was still wearing the clothes he had on yesterday, but when he tried to remember what had happened everything was in a blur. 

 

"You finally woke up." Yoseob stop rubbing his eyes to see Doojoon with a fry pan. He froze and started to panic some more. What was Doojoon doing here?

 

"You sleep well?" Doojoon asked, but Yoseob didn't respond and just stared at Doojoon like a deer having been frightened. 'He could talk to me fine when he was drunk and now this?' Doojoon chuckled to himself. "Do you not remember anything?"

 

Slowly, Yoseob shook his head and then groaned and clutched his head. "You obviously drank too much."

 

"Drank?" Yoseob whispered, and then suddenly he remembered buying the soju, and drinking a glass, then another and another as numbness slowly hit him. However, he couldn't remember when Doojoon had come in. "How much did I drink?"

 

"Around two bottles? You should be more careful, there are some scary people out there. If I hadn't been there to take you somewhere safe something bad might've happened." Doojoon told him but it looked like Yoseob wasn't listening, as he looked dazed. He went over to him and Yoseob flinched a little. "It's okay, I won't touch you. Here, eat this, it'll help your headache." he smiled. 

 

'Why was he doing this?' Yoseob thought, not moving from where he was. 'Why had he helped him?'

 

"Aren't you going to eat? You're so skinny, you look like you've been starving for days." Doojoon said with a worried expression. He walked a little closer to Yoseob and peered at him.

 

Something snapped inside Yoseob, and for the first time he exploded. "I'm fine! Why do you keep acting as if you care?" Yoseob shouted, swinging his arm to get away from him. His hand hit the frying pan Doojoon was holding and it clattered onto the floor. His head was thumping now, more painful that ever and his hand throbbed but he ignored the sensation.

 

"Yoseob! Is your hand okay?" Doojoon exclaimed and Yoseob looked at his hand. The frying pan must have been hot, for his hand was tinging and it was growing pink. It hit Yoseob; he had just shouted at someone that had just been trying to help him. He was no better than anyone who had hurt him. Fear spread through his body. His eyes widened, and before he could think of anything else he opened the front door and without any shoes on ran out.