Chapter 9

Nature's Bliss Is My Curse

Watched: Rocket Power

 

"So this is totally normal?" Nayoung asked one of the makeup artists currently lounging around SHINee's waiting room. Taemin decided it would be a great idea if Nayoung saw him in action, so he brought her to a Star King recording. But a week ago her face got out among the fans (thankfully they stayed on the few private sasaeng café's the group has, the fans refusing to send them out unless the media catches on*) so she had to be stuck watching backstage with the makeup artists, the small television that was mounted on the wall showed the live version of the show.

"Totally," the makeup artist who was sitting next to her in one of the styling chairs, Yoonji, smiled as she inspected her nails.

"I wonder if I could get him to do this now…"

"Girl, you can get him to do anything."

Nayoung sent the woman a weird look to which the other proceeded to push up her shirt sleeve to reveal an eye locked into a square. "We found each other a few years back, he's totally wrapped around my finger."

The two woman laughed, Nayoung thinking of all the new possibilities. And of course her new little piece of blackmail.

Once the recording was over and the boys were slowly spilling into the room Key practically ran over to Nayoung. "Did you get it?"

The girl smirked in response. "It's so perfect."

Key grinned, proud of himself. "Make sure to keep it somewhere safe."

"I will, I will."

"Or better yet," Key's eyes shifted to Taemin chatting with Kang Ho Dong in the hallway. "Is there anything you've been trying to talk him into lately?"

The girls eyes brightened, happily nodding.

With a final smirk Key responded, "Better use it now then." Just as the man waltzed away Taemin bounded into the room, bending down to land a quick peck upon Nayoung's lips.

"So, you have the weekend free," Nayoung began, a smile dancing on her lips as she swiveled in the makeup chair.

The idol cocked an eyebrow, knowing where this was going already. "What?"

She scoffed. "So, we should go somewhere! Just the two of us."

His eyes beamed at the thought of having alone time with his soul mate, but it dimmed once he realized a rather large problem. "There's no way we can leave on the down low."

"Who said that was ever a problem?" she shrugged. At this point in their relationship she couldn’t care less about the fans or their interpretation of her. She actually found the things they said about her very entertaining. Especially the clever ones about how they'll find her house, wait for a day she was exhausted, wake her abruptly up, kill her family dog in front of her while they ate it and slowly cut her body into tiny cubes, starting from her toes. Yeah, she didn't have a dog.

"It wouldn't be romantic, the paparazzi would be everywhere." He wasn't budging. "The fans would probably try and break in where ever we were staying."

The female student just shrugged.

"And they would kill you."

"I doubt they would kill me, since it's well known the shock would kill you too."

"I don't want you getting hurt!"

"And I don't want you getting hurt."

"What?"

Nayoung couldn’t help the smirk that made its way onto her face. "You don't want to get hurt when my dad see's… this." She proudly held up a single photograph between her pale fingers.

The idols eyes widened upon closer inspection. Throwing out his arm to grab it, Nayoung tugged it out of his grasp, placing a steady foot on his chest as she dangerously leaned back in the chair. "So what were you saying about our weekend together?"

"Where do you want to go?"

The girl smiled, thinking the picture Key gave her of Taemin wearing drag when they just debuted was possibly the best thing that has ever happened to her. Well, and getting Taemin as a soul mate. That's pretty kick .

 

"You rented a whole villa?" Nayoung looked at her soul mate in awe as they walked through the busy airport incognito.

"Just for us," Taemin smirked, the arm he threw around the shorter girls shoulders tightening. "Who's the best soul mate?"

"You are~"

Grinning Taemin led Nayoung to their terminal.

The plane ride was uneventful and pleasant, except for that one screaming baby that finds its way onto every flight but the duo easily blocked it out with their headphones.

Grabbing a taxi they found themselves in a large resort. Nayoung half-expected it to be filled with scantily clad bikini wearing women and irritated men carrying their wives heavy beach bags filled with unnecessary items.

Not only was the resort huge but it was beautiful, the bright stone paths surrounded by the most magnificent looking flowers the younger had ever spot eyes on. Towering trees palm's billowing in the comforting wind that carried the amazing salty smell of the ocean.

"This is our place," Taemin gestured to a pure white square shaped building. Looking around Nayoung noticed a few other similar looking buildings down the strip, all having a few yards in between the next, with tall, neatly groomed, bushes separating them.

The building itself was large enough to house a small family. With perfectly polished natural wood floors and beige walls the interior itself was touched with a modern style, all the furniture a pristine white. It almost made her afraid she would ruin it by a simple touch.

"Do you like it?" Taemin asked, giddy with excitement.

"Oh, yeah I do," she breathed, stopping in front of the large window that gave the perfect view of a grass yard and beyond to the sandy beaches.

"Good," Taemin wound his hands around her waist, clasping them. "Cause it's all ours for the weekend."

The duo arrived late on Friday, so the only thing they regretfully got to do on their first day was go out for dinner. Actually… they didn’t go out. Taemin tried to show off his supposed cooking skills and use the small kitchen that was located in the villa. Simply said, it went bad.

Nayoung ended up having to go out to buy groceries (there was a fully stocked fridge but Taemin over did it, so in order to make a proper meal she had to buy some required ingredients).

Taemin felt really sorry about the whole thing but Nayoung just shook it off, telling him that once they got back to Seoul he was going to go to Cooking Bootcamp by Nayoung. The terrified glint in his eyes was the only thing Nayoung needed to swiftly get to work.

As anyone who knew how to properly read a cookbook Nayoung was more than capable of whipping up a delightful meal. Seriously, it's not that hard, she never understood how people would get so much pride in putting ten perfectly measured things into a bowl, mixing it and throwing it into the oven or in a pan. She also never understood how people like Taemin couldn’t even do that.

"This is really good!" Taemin exclaimed, his mouth filled with food.

His soul mate winced at the sight. "Can you learn to chew first?"

The dancer chewed and swallowed, bashfully apologizing.

"So what do you have planned for tomorrow?" Nayoung asked. On the plane Taemin had proudly told her he planned their entire trip, so she didn’t have to worry about a thing.

"Something~" he mysteriously sung. "You won't expect it!"

 

*I know that may sound weird for sasaeng to do something 'nice' but I've heard that if they find out anything that could possibly hurt their idol they'll keep it a secret from the public and share it amongst themselves.