Chapter 7

Nature's Bliss Is My Curse

Watched: House of Anubis

 

Looking into those beautiful dark brown eyes, Nayoung felt her heart thump faster. Her blood rushed through her veins at impossible speeds, her whole body feeling pleasantly warm. Looking into the man's eyes, she could feel what he was feeling. As he could her. She felt his pain and despair. His pain in being physically away from her, and his despair at being rejected from the one person who should never be able to.

With all the will power she had, her body visibly shaking, Nayoung looked away. "I deny you."

Taemin's heart stopped. He almost forgot how to breath once he heard those three cursed words.

Silence fell upon them, Nayoung blankly looking out the window while Taemin looked at her in longing. "You did it," he softly said. "You denied me."

"Please," Nayoung whispered, barely holding back tears. "Please, just leave me alone now Taemin-ssi."

His heart was effectively broken at her formal wording. There was so much he wanted to say, so so much. But he couldn’t. He felt too broken for anything other than senseless words to tumble past his lips.

"We can hang out once a week so the bond doesn't hurt us," she said as she walked to the door. "You know where to find me."

Without looking back, Nayoung threw the doors open. Ignoring the three obviously previously eavesdropping adults she made a beeline for the elevator. As the doors closed she felt a single tear drop from her left eye.

If she looked back in the office she would have seen Taemin's fallen form, sobs ripping themselves from his throat as his two managers tried to console him. But no matter what they did or said, they couldn’t help him. The only person he wanted denied him. And there was nothing he could do.

 

Three days.

It's been three days since Nayoung had fatefully meet Taemin's gaze. And three days that she's been in constant pain. Her soul was screaming at her to find him, to apologize and hold him close. At this point the pain was so unbearable that even her head was telling her to do so.

Every step she took in the school hallway felt like needles ing themselves into the soles of her feet and up her calves. As she breathed it felt like something was crushing her ribcage, causing her to gasp for air. Her eyes were going blurry, the pastel colored paint of the halls walls merging with the light green flooring. Furiously blinking, Nayoung couldn't make her eyes focus. It just kept getting worst.

Her heart starting constricting, slowing the necessary blood flow through her body. Nayoung felt her feet stumble, light shades of green and blue flashing through her eyes.

She was so tired.

Too tired.

Not having enough energy any more Nayoung succumbed to her bodies whim. She was unconscious before her body hit the floor.

 

Beep Beep Beep

She was breathing, there was no pain, Nayoung was in pure bliss. She felt like her whole body was rejuvenated, no longer feeling as exhausted as she previously did. Not only did she feel refreshed but she felt… extremely comfortable. The last time she had these sensations rolling through her body was when…

Her eyes snapped open.

"You're awake!"

Brown eyes met Taemin's loving ones. His hands were desperately clenching on Nayoung's right one. She tugged her hand out of his grasp, only for her body to be stricken with pain. Seeing her pain filled face, Taemin quickly grabbed a hold of her hand again, calming her.

"It's just like what hyung said," the dancer softly said. "You fainted in the hallways at school and you wouldn't wake up no matter what the doctors did. Your friend Sunmi called me with your phone and told me what happened. Truthfully, I already knew. I felt it. I saw it! I closed my eyes for a few seconds, I thought I was just day dreaming, when I saw your body fall to the ground. My heart constricted and burned. It was minutes later when Sunmi called me, telling me what happened. When I arrived the doctors said there were no visitors before they could understand what was going on…"

He trailed off, Nayoung not needing to hear more to fully understand.

"I don't like it. Not having control over my own feelings. Over my own future," her voice was light, her eyes blankly looking at the ceiling. "But it hurts so much to deny you," her eyes pricked with tears.

"You do have control," Taemin whispered. "You have control over everything, including your future. Just because something was already chosen for you doesn't mean you don't have control over it. You have control over our relationship, you sure have enough control to deny me while your body is in nothing but pain. It's not even as simple as destiny Nayoung-ah, we're one in the same. We're both halves of one soul. The marks we bare on our bodies is where we were separated, destined to return to each other."

Slowly he pulled one of his hands that was wrapped around the girls, gently placing it against her cheek, leaning over her. He was close enough that Nayoung could feel his warm breath on her face.

"It's beautiful," he breathed. "It's wonderful. It's us."

Tears spilled from her dark eyes, rolling onto the pillow underneath her head. "My soul aches for you," she shook her head, a sob escaping. "But I don't want it to."

"If you truly don't want to… would I still be right here? Holding your hand?"

Hesitantly, Nayoung's eyes met Taemin's. His loving gaze sent a fury of emotions through her. She felt her soul ache to become one. She felt herself wanting to become one, to submit to her souls desires. To ignore her brains scream.

Gently, and with the slowest of movements, Nayoung picked her head up from her pillow. Never breaking his gaze Nayoung felt her thin lips meet Taemin's plush ones.

The kiss was soft, warm, sending a whole new set of emotions throughout both of their entire beings. Nayoung could feel her soul calming down, happy that she was doing just what it wanted her to. While Taemin's soul was jumping for joy at this little bit of acceptance.

Before she knew it Nayoung felt herself pulling away. She never broke Taemin's gaze. His thumb gently brushing across her cheek bone.

"Are you accepting me?"

She hummed, dramatically pausing in thought. "Not fully." When seeing Taemin's heartbroken look she quickly added, "Not yet."

His lips upturned into a blissful smile. "I'll take it."

Nayoung giggled, rolling her eyes. "But we do this the old fashion way. My soul longs for you but my heart doesn't. You have to win that too."

He nodded, thinking it was the right thing to do. "I accept the challenge."

The two laughed, Taemin slowly sliding into the small hospital bed next to her. Placing a hand on her upper back he gently pushed her to lean further on his chest as she threw an arm around his thin waist. Nayoung closed her eyes, feeling comforted. Taemin opened his mouth, not to talk, but, to slowly start singing a ballad.

His warm embrace. The soft hum of his voice. The gentle lull of their in sync hearts. Nayoung felt her body lulling back into a fitful sleep.