Chapter 10

Nature's Bliss Is My Curse

Watched: Rocket Power

 

Brown eyes fluttered open upon feeling the soft feeling of lips grazing her cheek.

"It's too early," Nayoung grumbled when she spotted the digital clock next to the bed, snuggling more into her pillow.

"The early bird catches the worm~" Taemin sung, lightly kicking the back of her knee with his. "We have to get up so we can spend the whole day together."

Letting out a defeated sigh, Nayoung stretched her limbs with high pitched satisfactory squeak and all.

The dancer chuckled at her antics, excitedly hopping out of bed to retrieve his clothes for a quick shower. "I'll shower first."

Nayoung nodded, rolling onto her back to stretch her limbs to resemble a starfish.

"Unless," Taemin peeked his head out of the bathroom doorway, a sly smile on his lips, "you want to join me?"

A pillow to the face was his answer.

 

"And why exactly was I not allowed to eat breakfast this morning?" Nayoung complained, trying to soothe her growling stomach by rubbing it.

"Trust me, the last thing you'll want is food in your stomach. After we do this, we can eat a delicious lunch on the beach! With candles and everything!" Taemin exclaimed, jumping in the cars seat in excitement.

"I don't like candles…"

"Good, me neither."

Once the rented car was pulled into a parking space, Nayoung hopped out only to be confused by what was around her. They were half-way down a large cliff, parked onto a dirt space that was patted down no doubt by other cars.

Taemin jogged to the other side of the car to link arms with his soul mate, eagerly leading her up the grassy hill.

"What's up here?"

"A cliff."

"…And why are we going to a cliff?" Nayoung gulped, fearing his next words.

Taemin's lips twisted into a devious smirk. "Cliff jumping."

"Cliff jumping?! What kind of crazy person brings their soul mate on a getaway to go cliff jumping?!"

"I guess someone whose, crazy for you," Taemin snickered, now having to half-drag the short girl up towards the cliffs lip.

"Not funny," Nayoung affectionately slapped the idol in the shoulder. Her heart thumping harder than the first time they met gazes.

Once they reached the top of the grassy cliff, Nayoung noticed a small building further down. Taemin led them into it, revealing it was filled with the necessary changing rooms for those that didn’t feel like having a ten minute hike up in their bathing suit.

Reluctantly, Nayoung went into one of the rooms, swiftly changing into her suit and threw a T-shirt over it.

Once she exited the shack she stopped, jaw dropping when her eyes roved across Taemin. Sure, she's seen him act all ual on stage, but it was nothing compared to seeing the attractive man in the perfect sunlight, the breeze softly billowing in his dark hair and the fact he actually had light abs.

The girl was only able to sputter, incoherent words passing through her lips to Taemin's growing amusement.

"You're good looking," she quickly added, with a smirk, "for a skinny boy."

Taemin stuck his tongue out at her, but was smiling. Leading his soul mate closer to the edge of the cliff, Nayoung felt dread flow threw her.

"Why are we doing this exactly?"

"Because extreme sports are amazing," he honestly replied. Nayoung was going to open to question his sanity, but then she remembered how Sunmi told her not too long ago how when he was on SHINee's Wonderful Day he nonchalantly showed his unexplainable love for the rush of adrenaline.

"If I die-"

"-That means I die because of the shock," Taemin added in, sending her a knowing look. "Look, I wouldn’t make you do something I thought was truly dangerous. People do this all the time and this is one of the best spots on the whole island. Just remember to kick off far enough so you don't hit any rocks."

"Rocks?!" Nayoung gulped, the blood draining from her face.

In order to be reassuring Taemin gently grasped her hand in his bigger one. "We can jump together, will that make you feel better?"

Slowly, the girl nodded her head, taking deep breaths to soothe her pounding heart. On shaky legs she followed Taemin to the lip of the cliff.

As she looked down she couldn’t help but let out a pain filled whimper, nervously biting her lip.

"Do you trust me?"

She didn't answer.

He repeated, louder, "Do you trust me?"

Turning her head to look her soul mate in the eyes. Nayoung felt relief flood through her veins. Trust someone could only put into their soul mate. She squeezed his hand as her answer.

Smiling, Taemin began to count down. "1…"

She closed her eyes.

"…2…"

She took a deep breath.

"…3!"

Snapping her eyes open, Nayoung jumped.

The wind struck across her skin as she was airborne. It was incredible, her heart was in , her adrenaline pumping at such a fast pace in her veins she never thought it was possible.

SMACK

Her feet hit the water, plunging her into the cool sea.

For a second she was dazed, under the water, only the tug of Taemin still clasping her hand brought her back to reality. She quickly swam up, never breaking contact.

"That was AMAZING!" she gushed, widely smiling.

Taemin grinning, wrapping his arms around her the best he could. "You trust me! You really trust me!"

"Why wouldn't I trust you?" Nayoung scoffed, but was still smiling, joy dancing in her brown orbs.

"Nayoungie loves me, Nayoungie loves me-" Taemin continuously chanted as the duo swam back to the sandy shores.

The high schooler just put up with it, secretly entertained and delighted from his words.

Reaching the shore, Taemin kept saying how proud he was of her and how they should totally do it again before they left.

All Nayoung could do was agree, the wind nipping at her wet skin. Luckily they packed two large fluffy towels in the car before setting off on their adventure.

After completely drying off, and changing, they jumped back into the car to catch a nice lunch on the hotel veranda.

It was a bit upsetting the two couldn’t go out into public at any of the amazing restaurants on the island, but due to Taemin's popular idol status neither of them wanted to chance not only being harassed but being followed back to their hotel. They were able to get one of the more high end hotels, but there was still room for fans to somehow squeeze themselves in.

The veranda was huge, wrapped around a fair portion of the hotel's restaurant, it stretched onto the private beach. The perfectly shaded sand against the pale blue water was one of the most magnificent sights Nayoung had ever laid eyes on, and definitely one she enjoyed to see while she was eating.

"So, what else do you have planned Mr. Travel Planner?" Nayoung questioned after their orders were taken.

Taemin pursed his lips, in mock deep thought. "Oh nothing unusual. I was just thinking of us spending most of the rest of the day at the exclusive spa, getting the Romantic Couple Package."

"You bought that one?!" she gapped. When they had first reached the hotel she couldn’t fight her curiosity and grabbed the pamphlet atop the bedside table. And as any woman would do she had to look at all the possible packages you could get at the hotel, they were all just way too pricy for her to think about bringing them up to her soul mate.

Taemin smiled, feeling tremendously proud of himself as he leaned back in his white seat. "Of course, anything for my soul mate."

She felt her smile falter, the boy knew very well that she hasn’t fully accepted him as her life partner. She's accepted him as someone she'll have for the rest of her life, just not in the sense of a lover. Sometimes she felt bad for giving him a hard time, but then he would give one of his beautiful smiles at her and all of her thoughts would melt away. Only being able to focus on him.

Lunch was enjoyable, and as was their spa day.

After having a couple Swedish massage (Nayoung was incredibly thankful that it was the soothing massage instead of one of the stereotypically painful joint cracking Eastern styled ones), they were given something called a 'skin rejuvenating facial' Nayoung had no idea what made it so rejuvenating but her skin felt amazing afterwards. In order to regain their body fluids the duo walked into an area of the hotel they never knew existed: the sea salt pools. Ordering a few drinks they were able to soak into the salts from oceans miles away. Nayoung's favorite was the Salies de Béarn from France. The water was perfectly warm and it was heavier due to the higher salt content, Taemin would giggle whenever the salt would stick to either one of their skin, demanding to play with it.

It was when the soul mates found themselves on the beach, the sun long set, that they both felt so in sync. In soul mate style, hands clasped, their hearts beat simultaneously, a pleasant warmth spreading through their veins, their minds blissfully blank. It was the most relaxing thing of the entire day.

"So I was thinking," Taemin began, blinking in his nervousness, "that once we get back we could… return as a couple."

Nayoung slowly turned her head to face him, silent.

"I feel your feelings, they're strong."

She didn't deny it.

"But what I want to know, is why are you keeping that from me? You said so before that the main reason you didn’t want to accept me was because you didn’t love me. So, why?"

After a few heart beats, Nayoung replied in a soft voice, "I don't like the thought of depending on another so explicitly so. It scares me to put more than just trust into someone, handing over my heart seems almost impossible."

She felt Taemin's hand stiffen in hers.

"But not totally impossible."

Taemin looked towards her, noticing that she was looking at him with pure adoration in her eyes. A look he longed to be gazed upon for so long, a look he never thought he would see.

"Depending on you won't be so bad."

 


 

And that's the end of Nature's Bliss Is My Curse! Didn't expect it to end so soon right? I didn't plan on the story itself being long, I wanted to make a rather short story (since my last one was over fifty chapters...) for once. I'm really happy how this came out! I hope you all enjoyed the story! Feel free to let me know your final thoughts on the story, things you liked, things you didn't like, how I can grow as a writer, anything! :D

I would love to thank:
karma-er, Lydine, jhaniece0422, sunsetsky, LeeYuri, kekeSHINee, sunshiner95, Nubci4, Sheryl_Key, SuperShannon, Bea1432, citruspanda, twinnovation, Byul96, AllRiseGela, TaeminLover321, Ameliarose, Almightycorncake, GirPocky, LeeMin-Young, jannajane_14, ConvinedImDreaming, mintsha, Park-Miyoung, kpoplover1993, Himawarixx