Chapter 3

Nature's Bliss Is My Curse

Watched: Zoey 101

 

Nayoung was incredulous. Hours ago she had learned that her soul mate was none other than Lee Taemin, and not only that, but when she went to explain to him how she only wanted to be friends he decided to take it as a challenge!

"That's so funny!" Sunmi laughed, her ice cream heavily dripping onto the grass underneath the park bench the friends sat on. "That so would happen to you! And Lee Taemin of all people? Wow Nayoung-ah, look at you, the soul mate of a popular idol."

Nayoung shook her head at her friends reaction, she knew she would act like that. "He even has my number now, and he kept trying to make me look into his eyes."

"Cause he knows if you look, you can't resist~"

Growling, Nayoung threw her - now crushed - ice cream cone in the closest garbage bin. "It's not funny! Now the guy is practically breathing down my neck! And imagine if his fans find out! I'll be beat and passed to the side like a chew toy!"

Sunmi rolled her eyes, standing up to follow her friend through the packed dirt walkway in the park. "I'm sure you're over thinking it. Plus soul mates are really sacred I doubt any fans will dare touch you."

She snorted, crossing her arms. "Don’t you remember when that TVXQ! member revealed he found his soul mate? His fans didn't care about how 'sacred' the bond was, they were still furious and even tried to burn down her house and they got her fired from her job! Labels make their idols hide their tattoo's either with makeup or their clothes, I'm sure they are happier when their idols don't have a mate."

The taller huffed. "You should just get together. We both know it's going to happen, never does trying to just be friends actually work. Plus it seems like he doesn't have the same views on it like you do. You, my  friend are in for a very interesting push-and-pull match with your one true love."

"I'll never love him," she scoffed.

 

"We have to go!"

"No, we're not."

Sunmi stomped her foot, pouting like a child.

It was a few days after Nayoung and Taemin had officially met and he decided to send over two tickets to Music Bank with matching backstage passes. And, of course, Sunmi wanted to jump at the chance while Nayoung was firmly opposed.

"But it's free! And you can see lover boy sing and dance~" Sunmi's selling point was clearly a bad one since it did not help Nayoung's decision at all.

"If we go then that insinuates I am interested in having a relationship with him, which I am not."

"You're going."

"No."

"Yes."

"No!"

"YES!"

 

"How the hell did I get you to get me to go?" Nayoung growled, standing in a disordered line filled with seething fan girls. The student was pretty sure she just saw someone faint, but it was hard to tell with the sea of tightly knitted bodies. "This place is scary."

Her friend giggled, bouncing on the balls of her feet. "Relax, this is going to be great. You'll have a wonderful time! And you get some alone time with you-know-who." She suggestively wiggled her eyebrows, resulting in a smack to the shoulder.

"Will you stop that? You're so embarrassing sometimes."

"But you still love m- hey the lines moving!"

The duo ended up having to cling to each other for dear life as the fans surrounding them began moving as one towards the newly opened doors, some of the fans ended up falling to the ground in the others hurry to get in.

Nayoung couldn't understand their actions, their seats were assigned so why are the fans still so insane?

Music Bank was big, like huge. Neither of the girls expected the audience to be so large, it always seemed like it was a small room not a decent sized stadium!

"This is really cool," Sunmi was in awe, looking around like a child in a candy store for the first time. Turning back to her friend she noticed the tight look on her face. "You alright?"

"I just… my tattoo…"

Sunmi's eyes widened. "What about it? Are you okay?"

Slowly shaking her head Nayoung continued, "It's like a pressure, it doesn't hurt or anything but I feel like someone is trying to pull me away."

"That's really weird," the taller wrinkled her brow. "I've never heard of that before. I've heard of it feeling nice when your soul mate touches it, but never a pull."

"It's probably nothing," she tried to shake it off, but in the back of her mind she couldn’t help but be concerned.

When the time turned six the MC's hurried on stage, ready to begin the live broadcast.

The fans went wild, glow sticks shining in the darkened audience, poster boards proudly being displayed. Nayoung barely paid attention to what the MC's were saying, only really caring whenever a group would come out to perform.

Looking over to her friend she suppressed a giggle when she saw the pure wonder on her face. It was difficult to get the other to shut up, so when something did it was something for the record books.

It was when SHINee came out that Nayoung adopted the same look on her face.

She didn’t want to admit it, but Taemin was extremely good at what he does. The way he moved to the music, the passion in his eyes, the beautiful sounds deriving from his throat. He just seemed to belong on stage.

Nayoung felt her heart skip a beat when they made eye contact, how he knew exactly where she was she has no idea but she knows it was for her because the cheeky brat winked. The fan girls surrounding her went wild.

An hour after SHINee's performance Sunmi was forcefully pulling Nayoung by the hand through the bustling back stage area of Music Bank. Both of them having back stage passes dangling from their necks to keep security from throwing them out.

"This is it!" Sunmi squealed, coming into a halt in front of the waiting room door with a paper sign with the printed name of SHINee.

At the feeling of another pulse on the back of her shoulder, Nayoung winced, placing her hand over the spot.

Wordlessly, Sunmi pushed the door open, successfully pulling in Nayoung with her.

"Lee Nayoung!"

She frowned at the voice calling her name, tightening her grip on Sunmi's hand. But the other girl wouldn't have it and yanked her hand out of her grasp, unsubtly pushing her closer to Taemin.

The SHINee member himself was still in his performing outfit, his eye makeup smudged. Nayoung guessed the makeup artists were taking it off right when she came in.

"It's Soo Nayoung. And last I checked we live in Asia, where woman don't take the surnames of their husbands."

Taemin only grinned. "So I am your husband?"

She glared. "No, and you never will be."

"Oh really?" Taemin bent at the waist, hands behind his back to become eye level with the much shorter girl. Slowly walking forward he continued, "The pull on our mark says something else."

Nayoung's eyes widened before she could stop herself. Did he feel it too?

He smirked a devils smirk. "And you just confirmed that you felt it too."

"Lee Taemin! Leave the poor girl alone," Key called from the chair he was sitting in, almost all of his makeup was removed.

"But she won't accept me as her mate!" he pouted, whirling around to face Key's reflection in the large mirror.

"Speaking like that won't help," Key scolded, picking up his cell phone in a perfectly manicured hand to check his Instagram.

Nayoung looked past her soul mate to see that Sunmi was happily chatting with the leader, Onew. Knowing her best friend was alright briefly calmed her down.

"You must be Taeminnie's unwilling soul mate," Minho smirked, waltzing over to the pair.

"That's one thing to call me," Nayoung crossed her arms and shrugged.

"Must be fun, it's hard to rile up the maknae now. Although I don’t understand how you haven't had the need to complete the bond yet," he gave her a confused look. "Did you meet eyes yet?"

She shook her head. "I know if I do things I don’t want will happen."

Minho chuckled, ing his hands into his pant pockets. "So why are you so anti-soul mate? I've never meet someone before who found their mate and still refused to be with them."

"I find it stupid. I don't like how I can't chose for myself, I don’t like being predictable."

He nodded, pleased with the answer. "Just as a warning, Taemin doesn't give up easily." The two turned to where Taemin was currently conversing with Jonghyun, the two were joking around, smiling. Turning back to the girl Minho added, "And he's been constantly talking about you. It's just a matter of time until you guys complete the bond."

Nayoung growled, glaring at the tall frog-like man. "That will never happen."

"Oh really?" Minho smirked. "Hey Taemin! Why don't you and Nayoungie here go on a date tomorrow?"