leave me alone

Brothers after Death

People love gossip and sticking theirselves into other people's business.

I guess it's just human nature. But if so I wished they would all have just forgotten about being human for a moment and left me alone. It was nerve racking the way they swarmed around me like a bunch of hungry hyenas, hungry for information.

Is Zico the same at home like he is in school? Does he get alot of tution to have gotten so smart? Is he going out with anyone? Are your parents really strict with Zico? What does Zico like to do at home? Zico, Zico, Zico...

I never gave them what they wanted and that just made them more desperate for answers.

Honestly I was afraid. Before that happened, no one bothered themselves with me but they started acting chummy with me right after they realized who I was. It hurt me to think that what I feared most was coming through. They now knew me as Zico's younger brother. They had never known me as Choi Junhong, as a person by myself anyways, I was much too insignificant really.

The questions were quickly starting to get overboard and I was overwhelmed by the sudden attention forced upon me. All I had wanted was a quiet and peaceful school year, was that too much to ask for? However, I was still thankful for the fact that they hadn't been asking anything about me.

It all came tumbling down though when that darn teacher came in for class.

"Good morning class, I am here as a relief teacher for a day because your teacher has taken a sick leave and so you better listen up because I am not going easy on you just because I'm a relief teacher," her shrill voice rang throughout the classroom, coming down hard on our ears. I eyed her as the class gave out collective groans.

True to her words she didn't go easy on us and made us recite the formulas that we were supposed to memorize as homework. That witch. Well guess who was in trouble? I hadn't finished the entire list and so when it was my turn for the recitation, I stayed silent. Obviously I was in for trouble and everyone knew it. Those who had their turn after me let out silent sighs of relief. I rolled my eyes. Discreetly. I suppose?

"Choi Junhong? Do you not know your formulaes by heart yet? I think I know who your brother is though. He's such a intelligent boy don't you think? Why don't you learn from him? Take your time, I'm sure you will improve," she cooed with that sugary sweet voice she had been gifted with and squeezed my shoulder.

Oh the horror. She had no idea what a mess she had just created for me. I bit down hard on my lips as I averted my eyes from the rest of the class.

Hell's just been let loose.