prologue

Brothers after Death

"Hey Junhong! It's time to go for the interview soon, get ready quickly okay?" Yongguk hyung hollers from across the dressing room as he flashes his trademark gummy smile. I nod in response and turn back to the cordi noona so that she can do the final touch ups before I go on screen. I take in the view before me and a small smile graces my lips.

Youngjae hyung is talking animatedly to Daehyun hyung about a new song he found recently. Jongup is staring at one of the walls cross eyed, in his typical behavior that no one ever understands. Himchan hyung is getting the final touches done to his hair and Yongguk hyung is talking to our manager.

Debuting as a rapper, Zelo and maknae of BAP, I have found a way to make it up to Zico. I had denied him one of his hopes, so I wanted to help him fulfil his dream. I'm not as good a rapper as him that is definitely, but I feel like I finally understand his dream of being a rapper and why he had been so devastated when things didn't work out the way he had through it would.

The hyungs sort of know that I'm keeping mum about things in the past but they don't pry and I'm thankful for that because I am also trying to put the past behind and move forward. I have a new identity,  a new meaning to life and I wish with all my heart that Zico is doing as fine too and that he would approve of what I am doing.

I steer myself back to reality as I ready myself for the interview. The cameras are and we do our usual greeting with vigour, "Hello we are BAP, yes sir!" The host starts off the interview with typical questions regarding our newest album release and Yongguk and Himchan hyung take on the questions with ease. We are soon half way through the interview when the host notices that I haven't spoken much and shoots me a question.

 "Zelo you are still really young right now right? What made you want to choose this path to debut as an artist?" the host asks while smiling encouragingly.

I am momentarily taken aback by the question and I stutter a little at first but then I reply honestly, "Well yeah...yeah I'm pretty young I guess, like as an artist. I never actually once though that I would become an artist and be a rapper although I loved rap. So I could say that someone was the reason behind my decision to debut as an artist. He too wanted to be an artist and rap, but he couldn't so I am doing this not only for my passion in rapping but also for this person. I cannot express how thankful I am for this person." I end of my reply smoothly and let go of the breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding and give a timid smile.

On the inside though, I'm smiling radiantly. Brilliantly.