06 Heat

To Be Loved

A/N: Sorry that this took longer than planned, I started school and dance started again so that put me off of writing. Updates will start to be less frequent and more random, but I'll do my best to update as much as possible!!

Tao slammed the door to his apartment behind him. He slid to the floor, heart beating erratically in his chest and lungs gasping for air.

Tao could tell that the two wolves hadn't really tried to chase him, making him think that there was some sort of trap. Not only that, but having both an alpha and a beta so close to him during his heat was not easy on him. Tao was sure that every wolf in Seoul could smell him by now.

He stumbled into the kitchen, still gasping for air and wishing for a break from the uncomfortable warmth itching underneath his skin.

" this ing heat." Tao swore.

He grabbed a piece of ice and on it, getting a mint leaf to on as well. The cool feeling from his mouth lessened his heat by a fraction, a trick he had learned just when his heat had started to become more severe. He could only use it in pre-heat times though, because when it really set in, he would be too far to gone to remember.

He sniffed himself and winced. His smell was stronger than it should be, not to mention that his symptoms were coming on faster than they usually would.

He remembered Junhong complaining about similar symptoms when he had just moved into town. The next time he came over, he was dragging another man with him, declaring he had found his mate and a pack. That was the day Tao met Youngguk hyung and the rest of B.A.P.

Tao scoffed. For him to find a mate... Tao had given up on finding someone else after his countless heats with nobody to help him through.

He on his ice until it melted entirely; feeling somewhat cooler, he read over a couple of his assignments he had to do once his heat faded. Tao cracked his neck as he walked out of the kitchen, stretching.

He didn’t expect for a blast of heat to knock him to the floor, suddenly leaving him in a haze of warmth and itching. He clawed for his phone, texting the first person he thought of as fast as he could.

Help.

 There was a knock at the door, which quickly turned into pounding, but Tao couldn't find the will to move.

The sound of the door being kicked down resounded through the apartment and someone's shoes appeared in his vision.

~~~

Kris was sitting in his room, nothing out of ordinary. He was feeling a little warmer than usual, but otherwise he was fine. His ears picked up on Lay and Suho returning; unusually, a smell of annoyance coated their presence. Kris stood and walked down the stairs to the living room.

“What happened?” Kris asked.

“You know that wolf from the other day? The one who was in our territory?” Suho asked, and Kris nodded, so he continued, “Turns out he goes to a college around here. The same one about a third of our pack goes to.”

Kris eyed them, disbelief written all over his face. “Really?”

“Yeah, and we had a run in with him today. Turns out he’s an omega,” Lay replied for Suho, his nose twitching, “and he’s in heat.” Lay groaned. “I can still smell him.”

As Lay furiously rubbed his nose, Suho and Kris continued their discussion. “So where is he now?” Kris turned to Suho.

Suho shrugged. “We let him go, he seemed terrified enough, and we don’t have any need for an omega who’s just going to mess up the packmates with his heat smell.”

“That strong, huh?”

Suho shuddered. “You have no idea.”

Kris perked up suddenly, smelling something in the air. It was an earthy smell, but to him all it smelled like was and needwantmine. Kris’ eyes turned gold and he stared at the door.

“Kris?” Suho questioned his fellow alpha, confused by his strange behavior.

Mate.” Kris growled out and ran out of the house, Lay and Suho staring after him.

Lay spoke up first. “What just happened?” He stared at the shorter leader.

Suho smiled, glancing over to the seemingly innocent male. “His mate is in heat.”

“The reaction is that strong?” Lay asked with disbelief.

Suho paused, a slightly melancholy look taking over his eyes. “Yeah, it’s that strong. Trust me, when you go into heat, you’ll find your mate and know exactly how Kris feels.”

“Did you find your mate already, Suho hyung?” Lay asked, watching as Suho closed the door, leaving it unlocked for Kris.

Suho sighed and put a smile on his face before turning to face Lay. “I have, actually.”

“Really? But... why aren’t you with them?”

“They haven’t gone into heat yet.” Suho replied simply, walking into the kitchen. “So they don’t know that I’m in love with them, and they don’t know that I’m their mate.”

Lay leaned on the counter as Suho started to make tea. “So, like a one-sided love?”

“Sort of.” Suho smiled, hiding the pain he felt. “Tea?”

Lay smiled. “Sure, hyung. Thanks.” One of the other packmates, Chen from the sound of it, called for Lay. “I’ll be right back.”

“Okay, go on then.” Suho smiled, and stared after the back of the man he knew was meant to be his.

It had been 2 years and the other still didn’t know.

Suho was starting to wonder if Lay ever would.

A/N: a little SuLay angst because I couldn't resist it.

also HELP PLEASE!!! In one of the chapters coming up, I involve SuJu and BAP, and I don't know them well enough. What are your favorite ships in SuJu and BAP, and any clues to how you like them to act are awesome (since this an AU, I'm not afraid to twist their personalities, but if you prefer their normal personalities, put that down). I can only do so much research without skipping school assignments/sleep so any info you guys can provide in the comments is highly appreciated!! Thank you in advance!! (this will help get the next chapter up sooner if that's any motivation)

Thank you for reading and commenting, and OMG OVER 100 SUBS I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! <33333