10 Mate

To Be Loved

After the horribly boring meeting, which consisted entirely of generic pack rules (omegas eat last, always call the rest of us by hyung, never leave without telling someone, etc etc) and untrusting glares sent in his direction, Tao went to bed. After sleeping for a few hours, Tao woke to the sound of someone walking down the hallway. Peeking his head out of his door, he caught a glimpse of Kyuhyun’s back before he disappeared into his own room.

Unable to fall asleep again, Tao figured he might as well take a shower and get ready. His class was early today, and there was no particular purpose in laying aimlessly on his bed. Tao closed his door and got dressed- skinny jeans, a grey shirt, and a hoodie. He was too tired to properly make an effort today. Realizing he hasn’t taken a shower in a few days, he stared into the mirror and wondered if it was worth it to get redressed and shower. Sniffing himself gave him his answer; he practically ran to the bathroom.

After cleaning himself, he got redressed, feeling more awake and far less disgusting. He slipped into the kitchen, attempting to be quiet as the other two were still sleeping. Dark eyes flickered around, trying to find something to eat. Tao found eggs in the fridge and bread in the pantry, and decided to eat that; he wasn’t very hungry anyways. Finding the pan was a little more difficult, but Tao had his eggs cooked soon enough.

After eating quickly, Tao looked at the clock. Two hours before his class; that was enough time to justify leaving for the campus, which was about a half hour away. He could even get a coffee now that he didn’t have to pay rent. He went to his room and grabbed his backpack, along with his phone, plugging in his headphones for music.

Knocking on Sungmin and Kyuhyun’s door lightly, he glanced in to find them tangled in bed together.

“What?” Kyuhyun mumbled, peering at the silhouette of Tao’s head in the light.

“...I’m going to class now.” Tao replied softly.

“Mmkay.” Kyuhyun replied, snuggling back into his mate’s side. The door clicked shut softly, descending the room back into darkness.

Tao walked down the stairs to the ground floor, nodding to the receptionist as he headed out. He slipped on his headphones and turned his music to full volume, humming along quietly in the cold air.

Maybe if his music hadn’t been so loud, he would have noticed the figure walking a few feet behind him.


Kris sat on the street corner, pissed beyond belief. He had finally tracked his mate’s scent, which had taken longer than expected due to the fact that his mate suddenly seemed to be surrounded by wolves.

Speaking of which, his mate now had somehow ended up in the den of the pack SuJu, who had the most power of all the packs in the city. Kris had to talk to the leader before he could take over the unclaimed area even, and didn’t wish to talk to the stony man again. Besides, what was he supposed to do? Bust into the biggest pack’s den like a wild boar and crush everything until he saw his mate and then somehow get out alive? He’d be dead the moment he stepped a toe into their territory.

So he’d settled for this. Sitting on a bench about a block away all night, comforted by the fact that his mate didn’t have the scent of a newly introduced pack member. His mate may be in SuJu’s territory, but he was still his.

Kris’s eyes had drooped and he dozed off, but was startled awake by his mate’s scent strengthening. His eyes flashed over to the door, seeing a tall, thin, dark-haired male exit the building with headphones on. Kris was able to catch a glimpse of his face and was surprised to be able to recognize him.

It was that omega who had gotten into his territory, the area with the gravestones.

Thinking back on it, he realized that the apartment he had invaded on that night was the same as the apartment he bust into when he smelled his mate for the first time. He wanted to slap himself for not realizing it earlier.

He stood and started following his mate who had been walking away the entire time, making sure not to be spotted as he chased after the other male.


Tao’s class was the usual- nothing exciting. He left and walked to the cafeteria, grabbing an apple before starting to head to his new home. Going to the apartment building was strange, as he instinctively wanted to go back to his own apartment, but after recent events, he wasn’t sure if that was safe.

Tao didn’t know why it wouldn't be safe, but the SuJu members had insisted that he shouldn’t return without someone to protect him. In fact, this whole situation was entirely confusing to him.

The unsafety became suddenly obvious as he was slammed against the brick wall next to him and a head buried itself in the crook of his neck, sniffing deeply.

Tao panicked, struggling at first, but then the other’s scent entered his nose and he unwillingly relaxed, limbs becoming heavy. A satisfied growl left the alpha’s throat as he began to place wet kisses on Tao’s neck. Tao’s eyelids slid shut, tilting his head to the side to allow for more room. He felt the kindlings of his suppressed heat rising again in the pit of his stomach, welcoming the warmth.

Only one word ran through Tao’s mind.

Mate.

He was ripped out of the reverie when the warm blanket of alpha was suddenly ripped away. His eyes snapped open, finally seeing his alpha. His mate.

His mate was even taller than he was, and had blonde hair, along with a very structured face, and currently, a deep scowl. Tao was so taken with staring at his alpha that he didn’t notice that he was being tugged away until he almost tripped over his feet.

The omega in him he had hidden for so long rose up suddenly, and begs and pleads abruptly began to pour from his mouth. “No no no please no alpha alpha alpha no please I just no please no I need mate!

Heechul, the one pulling him away, almost paused at the words, but simultaneously could smell Tao’s heat sparking. Heats made wolves do crazy things, and although he had heard of someone claiming a mate while the omega was in heat, he wasn‘t about to take any chances. He was going to wait until Tao had control of his senses again before he was going to let some random alpha claim Tao.

Tao struggled against Heechul, weakened by heat, reaching for his brawling mate who was being restrained by other SuJu members as they were pulled apart.

Just as soon as he had met his ticket out of the hell he lived in, it was cruelly ripped away and shredded to pieces in front of his face.

A single tear slipped down Tao’s face as he was tugged out of sight.


A/N: mWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-ahem. Just in case you didn't think I was evil already, I made this a thing. Excuse me as I- MWAHAHAHAHA

but hEY I UPDATED PRETTY QUICKLY AM I RIGHT (it's cause i'll be gone this weekend so when I had free time I made myself write this and post it)

ENJOY PLZ DON'T HATE ME TOO MUCH THX BAI