08 Protection

To Be Loved

Kris growled, sniffing. Storming outside did nothing for him, as the smell had been covered up. Someone took his mate and left behind almost no trace. Other than the door, there weren’t any signs of a struggle.

The mere idea that his mate willingly agreed to leave his house and to be so secretive while he was in heat sparked rage in Kris. He dashed down the steps, racing out into the streets, furious.

No one would touch his mate.

~~~

Tao stood with a bit of help from CL. He was tired, in desperate need of more sleep, and the suppressants were making him feel weird. His stomach turned inside out, and swallowing made his throat feel coated in some thick substance he couldn't get rid of. Tao grimaced as he walked downstairs, focusing on the steps so he wouldn't fall as his head spun.

He reached the bottom and looked up, meeting eyes with the omega from SuJu who had been so determined to talk to him. Tao's eyes scanned the room as he took in the sight of the rest of the pack behind the omega.

"Tao!" Kyuhyun, the persistent omega, moved forward and gave Tao a hug, a short, platonic embrace that Tao hadn't been able to react to before it was over.

Tao blinked blearily at him, his sleep muddled and partially drugged mind trying to catch up to the events that occurred.

"Oh, I don't think you know everyone. Here, sit down and I'll explain." Kyuhyun said, pointing Tao towards the couch and letting CL guide him, still in a state of shock.

“Oh, I should probably introduce you to the others!” Kyuhyun said, settling himself on the sofa with Tao. He began to point to each member and introduce them.

“Our alphas are Leeteuk, Siwon, Kangin, and Hangeng . Our betas are Sungmin, he’s my mate, Eunhyuk and Zhoumi. Our deltas are Heechul, Yesung, Shindong, Donghae, and Kibum, and Henry, Ryeowook and I are omegas! Oh, also Shindong’s mate, Nari, is an omega too but she’s at home.” Kyuhyun talked at a mile a minute, names and statuses going in one ear and out the other for Tao. He sat in a daze, still confused as to why they were there and why he was all of a sudden being introduced to all of them.

The first wolf, Leeteuk, sighed. “Let’s get to the point instead of dancing around it.” Leeteuk moved closer to Tao, making him crane his neck to look at the alpha.

“Kyuhyun wants you to move in with our pack.”

Tao blinked, wide-eyed, thinking he had heard wrong. “What?” He whispered, confused.

Another wolf, this time a beta, spoke up. Tao recognized him as the beta who threatened him to stay away from Kyuhyun. Tao wracked his head for the name. Sungmin?

“Kyuhyun, for some reason, has a soft spot for you. He heard about you passing out and demanded that we take you in because you ‘might be in danger of ’.” Sungmin sighed, obviously not in favor of this plan. “He convinced us to at least meet you and now here we all are.”

Tao furrowed his eyebrows, trying to process everything.

“Pleassseee come stay with us?” Kyuhyun whined. “If you don’t like it you can go back home, I promise.”

“Hold up a second, what makes you think we’ll let him go stay with you?” Yongguk spoke up for the first time, standing and approaching Leeteuk. “You might have something planned. This could be a trap.”

Leeteuk met Yongguk’s gaze steadily, a skill most people don’t have. “I can swear that all that happened is that Kyuhyun wanted to take him in and care for him. We have more than enough capability to care for him and protect him, so that shouldn’t be a problem.”

“It’s not a question of whether or not you can care for him,” Himchan broke in, “it’s a question of whether you will.”

The two alphas continued their heated stare-off until Leeteuk interrupted it.

“If we take Tao into our home,” he said slowly, “I promise on my pride that we will not hurt him.”

Yongguk scanned Leeteuk once more. After a few more tense moments of silence, he nodded. The two shook hands.

“If Tao decides to go, he may go.” Yongguk relented. “But if he gets injured in any way, I will personally hunt you down.”

Leeteuk nodded. “I expected as such. I can assure you won’t have to fulfill that oath.” he ce again to Tao, who had sat in silent shock throughout the alpha’s conversation. “It’s your choice now.”

Tao scanned the cluster of people in front of him. He didn’t know if he could trust them, didn’t know how they would treat him, and didn’t know if he would be allowed to leave if he agreed. There were so many uncertainties that the answer should have been obvious.

But it wasn’t nearly that simple.

The pack was large, meaning lots of protection; any lone wolf’s dream. Leeteuk had promised that Tao would not be hurt by the pack, giving Tao a sort of protective layer around him. If Tao was hurt in Leeteuk’s care, the alpha’s and the entire pack’s dignity would be damaged forever.

Tao considered the best he could, scanning the faces around him. The eager face of Kyuhyun, the worried face of Zelo, the slightly annoyed face of Yongguk, and the calm face of Leeteuk. A final look towards a worried but nodding CL gave him his answer.

“I’ll go with you.”

A/N: Hi, sorry, I'm not dead >.< I'm really sorry for leaving this for so long. Adding in SuJu and BAP was harder than I expected, since I know very little of either band... But I'm here and I'm hoping to finish this story before June!

I was planning on this being far longer, but I may only make it a few more chapters? Probably around 13. I remembered that I'm horrible at making interactions between couples and fluff in general, sooooo

Also please don't hate me for not having Kris and Tao meet yet.... I won't tell you when they will (maybe soon?) because I'm a horrible author who loves to torture their readers by dragging it out sORRY (also what do you mean I haven't decided yet pshhhhhhh ridiculous)

THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING SO KINDA AND UNDERSTANDING TO THIS HORRIBLE AUTHOR WHO TAKES FOREVER TO UPDATE I'M SO SORRY