05 Confrontations

To Be Loved

A/N: sorry it took so long, I had drama camp (which was AMAZING) plus dance class and was too mentally exhausted to be creative. I wrote this late at night so I apologize if it .... ALSO go back and read the end of Chapter 4 because a short scene got added there. I'll shut up now.

~~~

Mr. Yang glared at him, and had just opened his mouth to retort when the bell rang.

"Saved by the bell." Tao whispered, glad that at least for one more day, he wasn't going to be expelled.

"Shut up!" The professor yelled as he reached the front of the room, slamming his book down. The room quieted down instantly. "Alright you brats, today we're going to-"

The door swung open, interrupting him. The professor turned to the door, face red with fury, opening his mouth to yell at the poor soul that interrupted him-

Only to snap his mouth shut at the sight of the principal.

"Hello Mr. Yang." The principal greeted.

"Hel-Hello sir." Mr. Yang stuttered.

"I hope you don't mind me interrupting."

"No, no, not at all sir!"

"Well, I just wanted to announce that a couple new students transferred to this college. Yixing, Jongdae, Baekhyun, please come in."

The three entered and Tao ducked his head. Yixing and Jongdae were part of the pack that had been chasing him down, and judging by the smell, Baekhyun was too. Plus, the fact that one of them was a beta was making his heat act up.

"I'm Yixing, call me Lay."

"I'm Jongdae, call me Chen though."

"I'm Baekhyun!"

Tao kept his head ducked as the three walked to their seats. Lay walked past him and paused, glancing at Tao. Tao held his breath, trying not to breathe in the scent of beta that rolled off of the other wolf. Lay stared for a few seconds before moving on.

Unsurprisingly, Tao wasn't able to focus for the rest of the class.

~~~

Tao scampered through his classes with his head down. Turns out those three weren’t the only new wolves in school, and Tao’s heat was spiking at every encounter. He smelled three omegas as well, who didn’t make his heat act up, but he escaped in fear that they might call one of the others.

There was no doubt, these wolves were the ones who chased him down the other night. Tao was afraid that if they even got a whiff of his smell that they’d track him down again, and with his heat about to pounce, this wasn’t exactly the best time to be hiding.

He made it through his last class with few incidents, other than the fact that Lay was in his class. Tao ran out the door as soon as he could, rushing through the halls in order to get to the bus and train as soon as possible. Tao didn’t want to stay near these wolves who probably would chop his head off if they saw him any longer than necessary.

Of course that didn’t work, because the world just hated him like that.

Tao had been running so fast and had been so focused on escaping that he didn’t realize that the smell of a beta was steadily approaching until it was too late. He was slammed up against a wall, his head hitting the white paint with a thud that would surely leave a mark later on, with a headache to signify its presence.

“Who are you?” Lay growled, his eyes trained on the omega in front of him. Tao whimpered, scared out of his mind and slightly aroused as the smell of beta surrounded him. Lay sniffed the air. “You’re in heat?”

“G-get off!” Tao said, shaking himself to loosen Lay’s grip, to no avail.

It seems the world seemed to want to help him, but not quite.

“What’s going on, Lay?” a voice from down the hall called. “You spend a couple hours without me and you’re already cheating on me?” The last part of the sentence was said teasingly.

Lay smiled. “I’m not, Suho. Just an unclaimed omega in heat.”

Tao’s eyes widened. Suho. That was the alpha from the pack. He realized that Lay’s grip had slackened slightly, so Tao shifted a bit, tensing his muscles.

“Really? Lemme see him.” Suho replied. Lay’s grip slackened a bit more and Tao decided it was now or nothing.

Tao ripped Lay off of him, shoving him to the floor before sprinting away. “Hey!” Suho yelled, but Tao didn’t listen. He blocked out the yells of the alpha and beta, focusing on the sound of his feet and breath huffing. If he paid attention to the calls, he would surely stop and submit to the higher power, and there was nothing he wanted to do less than that.

Except maybe a bystander because of his heat.

Which was still acting up.

my life.

~~~

"Dammit," Lay cursed, "he got away."

"Why's he so important anyways?" Suho asked, glancing to the beta. "He could be part of another pack and that would get us in major trouble."

"He's not part of another pack, I could smell that much." Lay replied.

"Then why'd you chase after him?" Suho asked, still confused.

"He's the one who was on our territory, the one we chased down the night before the full moon." Lay replied.

"Are you sure?" Suho asked. The omega that had just run off hadn't had a strong smell, so the alpha couldn't be sure.

"100%. The smell of the omega from the other night didn't have an obvious smell, we covered most of it, but that wolf smells just like the other one did." Lay replied. "Its the same wolf. I'm sure of it."

"Does this omega have a name?"

"I don't know for sure hyung. I heard the teacher talk to him, so I think it was Zitao." Lay said, staring after where the omega ran off.

"What do you want with Zitao?" A voice from behind the two interrupted. They turned to find a guy who looked a bit like a fish standing there. "My name's Eunhyuk, I'm a senior here."

"I'm Suho and this is Lay."

"What pack are you two in?" Eunhyuk asked.

"EXO. I'm the alpha and Lay is one of the two betas." Suho replied.

"Oh that new one. I'm in SuJu." Eunhyuk said simply. "I'm a delta."

Even though Eunhyuk was a smaller rank than him, Suho could tell that he had more power in terms of fighting, just by the way the other stood.

"So what do you want with Zitao?" Eunhyuk repeated himself.

"With all respect, why do you care?" Lay asked, speaking up for the first time since the delta had joined.

"Because one of our omegas happens to enjoy his company." Eunhyuk replied, starting to visibly get annoyed. "So I repeat, what do you want with Zitao?"

"He trespassed on our land," Suho replied, “so we have a right to know why.”

Eunhyuk glared at them. “If-”

“Eunhyuk, hurry up. Donghae’s getting impatient.” Another man with a kind face walked up. He glanced at Suho and Lay. “Who are these people?”

“Alpha and beta of that new pack,” Eunhyuk replied, “They’re interested in Zitao.”

The new guy’s gaze hardened a bit at the sound of Tao’s name. “I told you to leave that boy alone.”

“I can’t help it, Kyuhyun’s interested in him.” Eunhyuk shrugged.

“Go back to your mate. Let me talk to them.” The man ordered.

“Yes, Leeteuk hyung.”

Suho took a quick sniff of the air. Alpha.

Leeteuk glared at them. “Leave Zitao alone.” He turned to leave.

“Or what?” Suho called after the retreating alpha.

Leeteuk paused. “I’m the alpha of a pack that has 13 fully grown and trained members. Do you really want to know?” He walked away.

Lay and Suho stood in silence for a while. “Well.” Suho sighed. “Great. One weird omega pops up and suddenly we have an enemy.”

Lay shrugged. Suho sighed again, shaking his head. “Let’s go home.”

Lay nodded in agreement and two left for the forest.

~~~

A/N: So there you go! I really know nothing about SuJu other than their names (not even the age order, all I know is Kyuhyun is the maknae and Ryeowook is 2nd youngest) so sorry if I messed up badly. Also YAY FOR SULAY because I feel like that couple gets undersppreictaed a lot. Also I finally figured out how to make the chapters look presentable, so it'll be less weird-looking now!

Also, what do you guys think if I add side couples in there? Do you want me to leave this entirely Taoris or do you mind me jumping couples a little bit? Please tell me in th comments because I don't know how to make a poll yet! Yay for rookies .-. anyways, thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting! See you with the next chapter hopefully sometime soon!