07 Apartments and Pills

To Be Loved

A/N: I got on the computer *cheers* so I'm posting a chapter real quick. Thank you to everyone for being so supportive!!!

Kris dashed through the streets, navigating entirely by smell to his mate. His inner wolf was raging, he was just barely keeping himself from turning into a wolf and killing everyone in his way.

As it was, he was barreling through the crowds, shoving people aside without as much as an “I’m sorry” or “excuse me”. The few who were wolves and hybrids in the crowd practically threw themselves out of his way, a few yelling out “go get ‘em tiger” and wolf whistling. They could smell the pheromones Kris was releasing and knew the alpha had found his mate.

Kris arrived at the apartment building where his mate was. He was out of breath, scanning the building and recognizing it as the one he chased the intruder to the other night. He ignored it, running up the stairs to follow the enticing smell.

When he arrived at the apartment where the smell originated, he realized that the door had been removed from the hinges by force, like someone had rammed the door in.

On further inspection, he realized that the smell, and his mate, were gone.

~~~

Tao cracked open his eyes slowly, blinking to adjust to the light. He stared at the ceiling blankly once his eyes had stopped throbbing, not bothering to look around. He knew where he was. Tao counted the cracks in the white paint and imagined faces in the uneven surface, breathing in the familiar smell of the room.

The door opened and Tao’s eyes moved from the ceiling, sliding across white walls scribbled on in sharpie and past the dark carpet, from a wood desk to the door, where a certain female hybrid stood.

“I was sent to give you heat repressants because Yongguk doesn’t want Zelo near you right now for some reason and no one else in this entire ing pack is an omega.” CL rolled her eyes and walked closer, shaking the little bottle. “I don’t get it, why don’t you just buy some of your own?”

Tao sighed. “They’re too expensive, and usually you have to get a prescription for them by a wolf doctor unless you’re willing to go into the black market for them.” He gratefully took the glass of water CL had from her, taking a little sip.

“Just go to a doctor then!” CL said, shoving the bottle into Tao’s waiting hand. “It’d be a lot simpler if you just would do that. It scared me nearly half to death when Zelo showed up and broke down your door, I didn’t even find out it was him until after I followed you in. I almost smacked him in the head with a frying pan!”

“Remind me to apologize,” Tao said, “and the last time I went to a doctor during my heat I nearly got by the examiner. I’m not nearly powerful enough to go into the black market without getting pummeled in some way, shape, or form and it’d be too expensive anyways.”

“Then just mooch off of Yongguk, god knows this pack has enough money and Himchan was about to murder Zelo when he found out about your condition after your change. You’re lucky Youngjae held him back or you wouldn’t have a best friend anymore.” CL said, sitting on the bed next to Tao as the boy took his pills with a gulp of water.

Tao ran his fingers around the edge of the glass, staring at it silently. CL kept her eyes on him, waiting for a reply. She sighed when it never came.

“Listen, I’m sorry,” She patted Tao’s shoulder, pulling him in for a half-hug. Affection, especially from the hybrid, was rare, so Tao accepted it gratefully, “but you scared me half to death. I didn’t know what was going on, I was so afraid that you had been or worse.”

Tao took a deep breath.

“I usually take the pills.”

“What?”

“The heat suppressant pills. I usually take them. Zelo will bring me a bottle and I’ll take one when I feel my heat coming on.” Tao didn’t move from his place, leaning against CL.

“Then why didn’t you?” She didn’t try to move him, just absentmindedly ran her fingers through his hair once and patted his head, shifting slightly to a better position.

Tao opened his mouth to reply and paused, leaving it open for a little while. He took a couple moments to find the right words before starting to speak. “They feel weird.”

CL’s confused gaze was the reply to his comment. “Weird?”

“Sort of like my skin is made of rubber. Zelo doesn’t get it, so it has to be something with me. I told Zelo that another friend from school had pills and I got some from them, and just stopped. I take them on the less intense days, but one day every time is too strong, so even if I wanted to take it, I don’t think that it would make any difference.”

“Just that one day, though?” CL clarified, and Tao nodded, sitting up a little and sliding out of CL’s hug, scooting to the top of the bed and leaning against the pillows. It allowed him to gauge her reaction better.

CL just stared at him with furrowed eyebrows for a while before shrugging. “I have no idea what’s wrong with you,” she remarked teasingly, “but if you’re willing to deal with that, then that’s okay. Just try to tell me before you freak me out next time.”

Tao smiled softly. “Okay, I’ll do that.”

Just then, a knock sounded on the door. Jongup opened it slowly. “There’s someone at the door. He said he needs to see you.”

“Me?” CL asked, confused, since Jongup had been looking at the floor.

“No,” he looked to Tao, “you.”

A/N: Sorry that it's short. I'll update as soon as I can!!!