Resentment

Love Me If You Dare

Resentment

 
 
 

Ji Soo prepared herself for Yong Hwa's shouting and snapping, but it didn't come because he restrained himself from strangling his crippled friend.

     "We need to help Yongie," Yong Hwa said. "I'll run to our dorm and call the insurance company."

     "Wait!" Ji Soo called out. "What about--"

     Before Ji Soo could finish, Yong Hwa was already running full speed towards C.N.Blue's dorm, so she turned around to talk to Min Hyuk. 

     "Are you alright, Min Hyuk-sshi?" Ji Soo asked.

     "Yeah," Min Hyuk replied. "But how old are you?"

     "I'm twenty-two. My birthday was last month."

     Min Hyuk smiled. "I want you to call me 'Oppa.' I'm one year older than you."

     Ji Soo laughed. What are we going to do? I can't just leave Min Hyuk here. 

     Ji Soo opened the door and walked out. She lifted up the trunk and took out the wheelchair to inspect it for damage. When she tried to unfold it, she noticed that it was dented, so it wouldn't unfold. Frustrated, Ji Soo tossed the wheelchair back into the trunk and sighed. What do I do now? What can I do? I guess I suppose I can guide him to the dorm myself... she thought. It's OK! I can do this.

     She opened the door and helped Min Hyuk out of the car by placing his arm around her shoulder. Min Hyuk felt uncomfortable because he had to crouch down since Ji Soo is only 165 cm (~5'5"). They scrambled onto the sidewalk and tried to walk towards the dorm in their awkward positions. 

     The man who hit Yong Hwa's car was watching everything with great interest. He was a reporter, and he was following Yong Hwa because he saw an unknown girl helping Min Hyuk back at the charity football game. He began to take pictures with his camera of Ji Soo and Min Hyuk. This is goldhe thought.

     "Oppa," Ji Soo said. "Does it hurt?"

     Min Hyuk smiled and blushed. He liked it when Ji Soo called him 'Oppa.'

     "It doesn't hurt very much," Min Hyuk replied. "Thank you for helping me when Hyung wouldn't."

     "It's nothing," Ji Soo said. "I know Oppa could get really overreactive about the little things."

     "You know Hyung?"

     "Well, we used to be really close when we were children," Ji Soo explained. "My mother and father arranged this date for us because I broke up with this...person." 

     Min Hyuk looked down at her to see her expression. She's still hurt. 

     They continued to walk in silence. Meanwhile, the reporter who hit Yong Hwa's car came out and started following them while taking tens of pictures, planning to expose them on the internet that night. 

     "If you're still hurt about your break up, then why go on this date?" Min Hyuk asked.

     "It's not like I had a choice. Umma forced me to go, even though I broke up with Yu Han just two days ago," Ji Soo told him.

     Min Hyuk couldn't believe it. Two days ago?! She must be dying on the inside. 

     With his arm around Ji Soo's shoulder, he moved his hand to the side of her head and gently pushed her head towards his lips to give her a kiss on the top of her head. Ji Soo was caught completely by surpsise. What's he doing, all of a sudden??

     Min Hyuk felt triumphant. That has got to have taken her mind off of her break up.

     At the same time, Yong Hwa was running back from the dorm and witnessed Min Hyuk kissing Ji Soo's forehead, so he couldn't help but feel jealous. What is this? Min Hyuk and Ji Soo? I can't believe it, he thought.

      The reporter became ecstatic and started taking hundreds of pictures of Min Hyuk and Ji Soo like a maniac. Yong Hwa walked towards them and opened his mouth to say something, but Min Hyuk cut him off.

     "Hyung, is the car going to be all right?"

     Yong Hwa's eye started twitching again.

     "Yongie is going to be fine. Ji Soo, I'll take Min Hyuk the rest of the way. You can go home now."

     "But we're only two blocks away," Ji Soo argued. "I can do it."

     "It would be better for me to do it," Yong Hwa persisted. "Since I'm taller and stronger than you, Min Hyuk would be more comfortable."

     "I guess that makes more sense, but I can't just go home. I'll just walk with you guys," Ji Soo said.

      They could all feel the awkward tension, and nobody said a word. Once they reached the dorm's gate, Ji Soo decided to say goodbye.

     "Well, I guess I'll get going now. It's been two hours, and Umma might become worried since I didn't bring my phone," Ji Soo said. "It was nice meeting you, Oppa." 

     She held out her hand for Min Hyuk to shake. They shook hands and smiled at each other.

     "Kamsahamnida, Ji Soo," Min Hyuk said. "But how are you going to get back? Hyung's car is busted."

     "Oh...I didn't think about that," she said. "I guess I'll just take the bus."

     "By yourself?!" Min Hyuk and Yong Hwa said at the same time.

     They both looked at each other.

     "I'll go with you," Yong Hwa volunteered before Min Hyuk could say anything. "Come in with us. I'll put Min Hyuk down on his bed. Then we'll go."

     They walked into C.N.Blue's dorm, and Yong Hwa guided Min Hyuk into his room to have him lie down. Ji Soo looked around and noticed how spotless his room was. She set her eyes on the diveres array of stuffed animals on his bed, so she grabbed some animals and stacked them into a pile and carefully lay Min Hyuk's left foot onto the heap of stuffed animals.

     "Min Hyuk, if you want to recover quickly, you must keep your left leg elevated whenever you are resting. Remember to also drink plenty of fluids. Oh! Don't forget to apply ice for ten minutes every hour you are awake, and if you want to get up, don't do it yourself. Ask somebody to help you. Araso?" Ji Soo advised.

     "OK!" Min Hyuk said with a huge smile.

     Ji Soo walked out of the dorm with Yong Hwa, and they headed towards the bus stop in silence. Ji Soo was exhausted after of all the events that ocurred in one single date. They boarded the bus and sat next to each other, and Ji Soo decided to take a nap, so she leaned her head on the window.

     Today was pretty fun, Yong Hwa thought. The CEO better give me more free days to do this.

     Yong Hwa looked at Ji Soo sleeping. She looks pretty uncomfortable sleeping on the bumpy window, he thought with a mischievous grin.

     He waited five more minutes to be sure that Ji Soo was fast asleep. Then, he gently pushed her head towards his shoulder, but Ji Soo woke up, startled, as soon as she touched Yong Hwa's shoulder. 

     "Are we there yet?" she asked.

     "Nope!" Yong Hwa replied, his cheecks turning bright pink.

     "Oh," Ji Soo said, relaxing. "I had a lot of fun today, Oppa."

     Yong Hwa could feel his face getting redder. Her phone number. I need to ask for her phone number!

     "I did too," he said. "Do you...Do you want to go with me again soon?"

     What a strange feeling, he thought. I haven't asked for a girl's number since high school.

     "Are you trying to get my phone number?" Ji Soo teased.

     Yong Hwa's heart quickened. How did she know??

     "Well, uh...If you want to, then yes," he replied. "I have a pen right here."

     He pulled out a pen from his pocket and handed it to Ji Soo. She grabbed his hand and wrote her phone number down while Yong Hwa completely froze up.

     "Ah! This is my stop. I'll be leaving now," Ji Soo told him. "I'll see you later, Oppa."

     Yong Hwa watched as Ji Soo stepped off the bus and walk to her home. Once she turned a corner, he stared at his hand and smiled uncontrollably. This is Han Ji Soo's phone number. Min Hyuk may have kissed her forehead, but I  got her phone number!!! he thought, victoriously.

 
 
 
 


 
 

author's notes: