Rooftop Confession

Rooftop Start
                                                                               Rooftop Confession                                                                 
 
Taehyung sat in the shadow, with his back resting against the cold brick wall; trying to hide from the sun and the unbarring heat. He already sat by himself here for at least half of his lunch time, as his best friend was apparently too busy doing something, which apparently meant Taehyung being unable to stay with him. It wasn’t like he didn’t have any other friends, because in fact he did, and many of them to top it off, but he just felt like it was a good opportunity to spend some time by himself for once.

 

He was soon disturbed by someone entering through the rooftop door. At first he didn’t care much, it wasn’t like it was only his rooftop or anything, but soon, after hearing one of the newcomers’ voice, his head tilted, at the familiarity of the voice. He scooped over to the edge of the brick wall, trying to take a peek just to make sure it wasn’t the voice of who he thought it was of.

 

Surprisingly it was, and he was about to get up, and go greet the other, till he noticed another person that was standing in front on him. “I-I…” Hoseok stuttered… and Taehyung watched with his eyes and ears wide… this must have been a confession, he figured from the typical setting and all, as he poked his head further out of the wall that was hiding him, to see the person that Hoseok was apparently confessing to, just making his eyes grow even wider in shock, as he did a double take before he shot his head back in, covering his mouth with both hands in shock…

 

He knew Hoseok liked someone, there were many signs, just that Taehyung was never able to pin point who it was, and Hoseok more than often refused to tell him or completely ignored the others question. Although he did know that there was someone, he could have never guessed it was this person right there with Hoseok… he could have never guessed it was that person…
 
         End of foreword       __________________
 
How, just how could it be this person? Taehyung thought, still half in shock. He never thought the girl was ugly, or anything of that sort, but she was almost like a sister to Hoseok, and they were friends since they were just tiny babies, and now this?. This was one thing, Taehyung could of never foreseen… or anyone else at that.

 

“…really love him” Hoseok cried out. And Taehyung has to do a double take on what he had just heard… ‘him’?.  Taehyung wasn’t a clean freak, but he surely was clean, his ears hygiene on the other hand, he began questioning it right that second.
He crawled back to the edge of the wall, and peeked, seeing now Hoseok being embraced by Minhee. Maybe he did mishear?. “Shh, It’s ok” she comforted him, “It will be ok”, she said again patting his back, as the other began to sob, with Taehyung feeling as if he was watching a live drama. “It can’t be” Hoseok cried out, as he shook his head. Taehyunng wanted to go over and ask what happened, this definitely didn’t look like a confessing atmosphere anymore. He was about to get up, when Minhee spoke up again, “You need to tell Taehyung first to know if it will or won’t”.

 

Taehyung? What? Wait, what!? Hold up! Taehyung pointed a finger at himself, half confused. Did Hoseok by any chance thought that Taehyung liked the same girl as him, and was scared to tell him?. He began getting up again, because this needed to be cleared, he currently had no-one he liked, so certainly, Hoseok didn’t need to worry… till Hoseok spoke up again, “I can’t tell Taehyung that I like him like that…”.

 

Oh the shock! His heart felt like it was getting ready for a take-off, and certainly his shaking legs did not mean he was cold. He held his hands over his mouth, as the new information was sinking in… for how long was this going on for? Why did he never noticed such thing? ...Much for calling himself a best friend, or hanging out with one another nearly every day.

 

-

 

Thank goodness it was the end of the day, and only 1 lesson left before they finished, and even better that the seating arrangement for this class had the two seated in two separate sides of the room, with the Hoseok having his football club activities after school… because hiding all this that he has learnt today… was certainly impossible.

 

-

 

“Taehyung, can you meet me later on the rooftop?” Hoseok asked in a shaking voice, with his sports bag now hanging on his shoulder. In all truth it startled Taehyung a lot when Hoseok asked him this, as he was putting away his books in his locker, because he didn’t think the other was going to take Minhees advice and put it to practise this soon. It was too late to avoid the other now, and his brain must of shut down, because no excuse came to his mind, leaving him to hesitantly nod his head.

 

-

 

This may have been the first time ever; he ever walked home so fast, almost feeling out of breath. He walked so far just to come to a halt. He wasn’t going to go back, and he surely didn’t want to… but he had to. Although he didn’t know how he was even going to turn the other down, the thoughts of the other waiting there for him for who knows how long all by himself was cruel and heart wrecking for him. He walked back, stopping for a moment at the school gate, before continuing his journey to the rooftop, although he was pretty late, the other was most certainly still waiting for him.

 

His fingers trembled, as they opened the door, and he walked in; surprisingly, no-one in sight. He was about to leave, when he heard something, almost like sobs and his heart clenched. He walked over almost tiptoeing towards where the sound was coming from. He followed the wall, and stopped for brief moment, as he listening to the sobbing and then came out from behind the wall.

 

There was Hoseok, curled up on the floor, with his face buried into his knees and arms tightly hugging hit legs. He didn’t need to think much, and as he took few steps forward and went on his knees, tightly wrapping his arms around the others shoulders. He could feel the other jump in surprise from the sudden contact, but then soon, hands clenching onto both sides on his shirt and Hoseoks face buried in his collarbone.

 

He obviously knew the other was crying his eyes out, with all the sniffling and of course hot tears soaking through his white shirt. The only thing he could do at this point was to just listen to the others cries.

 

Some time had passed, with his legs half numb by now. Hoseok had already calmed down, and Taehyung couldn’t help but fear for when the other will confess to him. Seeing the other cried so much, just because he thought Taehyung wouldn’t show up, was probably just a small portion of what would be coming after this. They’ve been friends for a long time, and Taehyung knew pretty well that although Hoseok was mostly happy and cheerful, he was also someone really emotional, getting scared at smallest things and not to mention when he started crying.

 

Hoseok’s grip on his shirt finally loosened up, and he felt the others head withdraw from his collarbone. “I’m sorry” Hoseok apologised. “Ah, No!” Taehyung just shook his head to signal that all was well with him, “W-what happened?” he asked, half digging his own grave, but in his surprise Hoseok just shook his head, not wanting to tell the other. “Then, what did you want to talk to me about?” Taehyung further questioned. He knew it was coming sooner or later anyway, and being the impatient him, he figured he needed to push the other to get over this sooner, but to his surprise again, Hoseok just shook his head again “Nothing” he answered, now trying to get up “Let’s just go” he said in a croaky voice, soon followed by hiccups.
 

                                                                                                                                                                                        

First chapter! Hope you liked it! Please comment and subscribe! :D