The Earthling Named Su Jin

Saving Earth

        It was close to 2AM, Junhong could not sleep. The rest on the other hand were fast asleep. With all the snoring and groaning it was hard for Junhong to sleep. He tossed and turned for minutes until his eyes landed on the new board Himchan gave him. He grabbed his board and snuck out of the apartment. He hasn't been outside yet and since he couldn't sleep maybe this would clear his mind. He walked outside the complex and took a deep breath, as he began to take off kicking and pushing down the street. This board took more work to operate but it was no less fun than the hover board he left behind. As he began to pick up speed he noticed someone out the corner of his eyes trying to cross the street. He slowed down, but before he could stop he ran into the person. They both crash to the ground. Junhong got up and walked towards the injured. 

       "Are you okay?" Junhong asked as he helped the human "I'm sorry I wasn't able to stop in time."

       "I'm fine, I didn't look where I was going." said the young woman as she was being helped up. 

       "That's good." Junhong was relieved she wasn't harmed. Not to mention the trouble he would be in if Yongguk found out he snuck out.

       "Oh No!" shouted the girl as she grabbed Junhong's hand "Your hand is bleeding. Come with me to convenient store I'll' bandage it for you."

        "No. No I'm okay I'll just go." Junhong backed away slowly trying to leave.

       "Aye, I won't hurt you. The convenient store is right there." She points out the convenient store is right behind Junhong and grabs his arm to lead him to the store.

       Junhong sat at a small table outside the convenient store as the girl went to buy first aid supplies. When she returned she disinfected and dressed his wounded hand without a word. Junhong was curious about the girl, she didn't look like the other humans he studied. She had red shoulder length hair. It was strange to him, the other humans in the book all had darker hair. Then he realized the governor of Mato made him change his natural Matoki Blonde hair so he could fit in, now he wished he kept it. 

        "So, is that your natural hair color?" Junhong asked.

        "Ha, that's cute." the strange human girl thought he was joking until she saw the look on his face. "Of course not. I dyed it."

        "Ah, Dye." Junhong nodded, his question started an awkward pause.

        "I think it's time for me to go.You should probably want to head home to, you look pretty young to be out here this time of night."  The girl gathered her things and began to go on her way. 

        "Thank you for treating my hand." Junhong said.

        The girl waved goodbye to Junhong. He was taken back for a moment, but waved back. He watched her go around the corner before getting on his board to go home. The trip home seemed shorter than when he was leaving, it also seemed even more peaceful and pleasant. He sneaks back into the bedroom, with his Hyungs still snoring the night away. Once he laid down and shut his eyes, all he could think of was that kind human girl he ran into. The he suddenly sat up to realize he never got her name. Now he would be thinking about the face and the voice of that human girl but will never have a name for her face. 

        Morning wakes up the Team. They all roll out of bed from a long night sleep, all but Junhong. Himchan goes to wake him but sees he was in a deep in slumber land and decided to let him rest. The rest of the team ate their breakfast and began their day with wanting to go outside and play more. Youngjae and Daehyun noticed Jinho outside and decided to go to the park and play with him. Himchan and Jongup just wanted to wonder the streets.

        Bang wanted to be alone, he hasn't had time to really embrace his new environment yet. He began walking around the neighborhood, He saw many little humans running and playing with their parent humans. As he continued to walk he saw a convenient store. He looks through the window to see a whole aisle of Ramyun he goes into the store without hesitation. With so many different types how could he choose. He investigated each one walking back and forward. He grabs one with the most fancy packaging with a bright and warm smile.

        "That one is really spicy." said a mysterious girl.

        "Oh it is? I don't want one too spicy. How spicy is it? " He asked as he turned to look the store clerk talking to him.

        "Like an atomic bomb is going off in your mouth spicy." she said giggling.

        For the first time Yongguk experienced this butterfly feeling in his stomach. The girl was simple beautiful, one like no other. The girl was walked towards him with a more popular and less spicy one. As she was explaining what it was he could not take his eyes off her. Everything about her was stunning, her oddly colored hair, the sparkle in her eyes, and her kind smile.

        "Well, do you want to try it?" She gestures for him to take the Ramyun

        "Ye.. Yes."  Yongguk bows to her and watched he walk to the front of the store.

        Once he bought the noddles from the pretty clerk he walked pass a counter with many seemingly old fashioned machines. He stood looking trying to figure out what it was. He spent a few moments staring at the strange objects. 

        "You must not be from here." the clerk reappears behind him.

        He was surprised to see her standing behind him. Trying to remain clam he answers her question "Yes, I'm new. I just moved in the neighborhood."

        "Oh I see. These are for you to use if you want to eat the Ramyun here. Should I help you?"   

        She makes the Ramyun for Yongguk and goes outside to clean the tables. Through the window he could only stare at her. He was thinking she looked just  as good as his Ramyun tasted. Once he finished He walked outside and thanked her for her service. As be began to walk home, he thought of nothing but the clerk. Her sweet voice haunted him with every gust of wind. Once he came to the end of the street he began torturing himself with thoughts of not knowing who she was. He wonder should he go back or not. He has his duty as a leader, he can't be thinking of a girl like this. Without him noticing he runs back to the store.

         "Excuse me?" Yongguk said as he tapped her shoulder. "What is your name?"

         With a smile the clerk points to her name tag "Lee Su Jin." 

         "I'm Bang Yongguk." He felt awkward for coming all the back here for just her name. "I wanted to know your name because..... Because the service was great!"

         "Really? Thanks, it's my first day working so tell everyone in the neighborhood how awesome I am." Su Jin gave Yongguk a final smile before he walked away. 

         Once Yongguk returned home he greeted a lonely Junhong who was left to eat the cold leftover breakfast on the balcony. Yongguk sat next to him while he ate. There was an eerie smile on Yongguk's face and it bothered Junhong to no end. 

        "Do you like seeing your makane eating cold food? Or did something interesting happen, while i was here.....Alone." Asked a sulky Junhong.

        "No. Nothing happened. I'm just starting to like this place. By the way. What happened to your hand?" Yongguk asked grabbing his hand.

        "Oh this. Jongup Hyung kicked my out of bed last night while he was sleep dancing." it was the most realistic lie Junhong could think of.

        Yongguk just gave out a loud and unnecessary laugh. Junhong side eyed his Hyung as he continued to laugh and smile at nothing. In secret they were both thinking about their separate time at the convenient store.