Failure to March Onward

Saving Earth

        It was a morning un-like anyother, the Matoki Ceremony of Soldiers was near, the streets filed with the newly recruited showing off their letter of admission. An eager Shi Shi Mato runs out to the mail box to retrieve his team's letter. For generations his family of Matoki's have been team leaders, even generals, he could hardly contain his excitement to find out weather he would be following in his ancestors footsteps.

        "Hey!" he shouted out once he opened the door with a rare smile. " Ke Ke wake the others, our letter has arrived!"

        "Really? I'm on it!" Said an excited Ke Ke Mato whose eyes could barely open as he hopped out of bed. 

        Shi Shi, who has been waiting for this moment all his life grew impatient. He knew how hard it was to wake the team and that it took them even longer to look decent, he began to think that just a peek wouldn't hurt anyone. He opens the envelop with a never ending smile with both eyes shut he opens the letter. As he peeks out of one eye he reads the first sentence. 

        "This is impossible," He mumbled as he read. "We are sad to inform you that the following members will not be..." 

        He paused, as he continued to read he saw that every single member of the team was rejected, all except for him. How could he feel joy when the rest of his team didn't make it. He could feel his heart sinking in his chest. They worked hard for years to join the army, it's the sole purpose of being a Matoki, yet they failed.  Not being able to join the army of Matoki made you unfit to be a citizen of Planet Mato, which calls for banishment to another planet. As he heard the others running down the stairs he unconsciously hides the letter behind his back. 

         "So where is it?" asked Tats Mato, he himself was hardworking and very much deserving to be a soldier.

         "What?" Shi Shi was now trying to avoid the whole situation. "I haven't started breakfast if that's..."

        "Aye, Hyung don't tease us," says a happy Joko Mato "The Letter of Admission, the one we've been waiting for."

        "Ah, that." Shi Shi quickly tired to think of something to only realize their was nothing that can be done.

        He held out the letter and began to read the terrible news to his teammates. As he read off the reasons why each member was not admitted, one by one the members waked out with sorrow in their eyes. He is not the one to cry, but seeing the team he conceders family in such sadness caused his eye to swell with tears.

        "What were your results Hyung?" asks an innocent and young To To Mato.

        "Me, I was.." He paused and saw the tears in the youngest eyes. "Hyung was rejected too."

        "What?!" To To shouted in disbelief. "You're more deserving than all of us. They shouldn't reject you because we lack what it takes to be soldiers."

        "No To To, I have my flaws too." Shi Shi didn't want lie to s but he also didn't want to leave them behind. "I have to go talk to the general about our leave, I'll be back shortly."

        "I'll come too Hyung," The quiet Da Da Mato runs up behind Shi Shi "Tats Hyung isn't in his right state of mind to accompany you."

        Shi Shi places his hands on Da Da's shoulder "No. I'll go alone, this will be hard, even for you."

        As Shi Shi left with the letter in hand and he went to the general's office. The goal for this meeting was to come to an agreement that even though he was admitted, he would leave Planet Mato with his team. The rest of the member look to eachother wondering where did they go wrong. Their was no one to point finges at. Hours go by and nothing is heard from Shi Shi and nothing was said amungst the team. 

       "Where is he?" Wondered a concerned Tats "All the General needed to do was tell Shi Shi our new planet's name and to get the hell out."

        "He'll be back any minute now," Answered Da Da "It's a pretty long walk of shame."

        "Since wer're leaving," Started Joko "I didn't want to serve for the General anyway, he obiously doesn't reconize talent when he sees it."

        "You know talent is not what it takes to be a Soldier." Ke Ke Mato said "Besides you're just saying that becuse you were denied."

        "Don't act like you know what it takes," snarled Joko Mato "You were denied right along with me!"

        "Guys!" Tats interrupted as he stood up from a chair. "Lets not do this, were all disapointed and confused. We should be supporting eachother." 

        Finally Shi Shi walks in along with Dilievery Matokis, as he put on a straight face he told everyone to open their boxes. These boxes included the name of the new planet, location on the planet, books on culture of the planet. Along with everything they would need to start off, money, clothes, and more. 

        "We leave tomorrow morning." Shi Shi annouced "I know this is a lot to read before then but we also have 3 days of traveling to study."

        " Hyung," Said To To as he aproched the leader "What is this planet called? Ert... Arth. I can't read other worldly lanuages very well." 

        "Earth." Shi Shi correct. "The planet is called Earth. They have a poulatoin of aproximately 7 billion. We know them as Earthlings but they are called humans."

        "Hyung," Said Da Da with a simle "Would they be offened if I call them Earthlings?"

        "Why would you call them earthlings anyway?" asked Tats. "He just said to call them HU-MA-NS."

        "What?" said a surprised Da Da "I'm not going to call them eartlings.." He continued to look with a straight face.

        "Then why would you..." Shi Shi started to question him but decided to just let him be.

        The lecutre went on for the rest of the day. The team packed the tings they wanted to take while the rest of their things would be left behind. They called it a day early since the next day would be the start of a new life for them. As they all laid in their beds, none of them could sleep, they all stared into the darkness untill exsaution took over.