New World 1

My Brother, My Lover

[A week later]

 

It's been a week since then. No text or call from Donghae or Henry either, but the good part is that Dad is coming home. He's the type of parent you can open up to and I'm really happy that he's back since I don't have any friends either. Some people live in other people's shadow while I live in mine.

 

*ding dong*

"Appa!" I screamed.

"How's my baby girl?" I jumped into appa's arms.

 

Appa opened his luggage and all kinds of things I wished in foreign countries were there. Expensive foreign perfumes, branded makeup kits and palettes, new clothes and lots of other stuff.

 

"Appa, are you not gonna unpack?"

"I have to say something to you, ________. You're a grown up now and-"

"Appa! I also need to tell..y-you...something..."

"Wait! Mine is more important!"

"Appa, what could be more important than what I'm about to say?"

"Just here me out, _______-ah..."

"Okay, okay. What are you gonna say?"

"Come here and sit down for a while."

 

I stood up from where I was kneeling and gathering all the stuff appa bought me and went over to the couch with him. What could be so important?

 

"I know you are a very smart girl and you'll understand me when I say this...and no, I'm not replacing your mother because she will never be replacable here in my heart."

"Appa, cut the chase. What do you want to say?"

"I'm getting married again."

 

.

.

.

.

 

"WHAT?!" MARRIED?! AGAIN?!

"_____-ah, calm down."

"Married? But-but, how?"

 


 

"Henry, I met him during my business trip. He is sweet and kind and we-"

"Omma, are you out of your mind? Appa just left you and..."

"Here me out, Henry. This guy was married for almost 25 years to his past wife, but unfortunately she passed away. He is helping me move on and he makes me happy and I believe him."

"Omma, you're kidding right? You're kidding..."

"No Henry. I trust him and I told him everything about us. He told me everything about him during our business trip and we're getting married."

"Bwo?! You're not joking?"

"No I'm not!"

"Does this guy have a child already?"

"Ne, but I have a child too and that's you so I think we're even, and I think you guys are gonna get along pretty well."

 


 

"She has a son named Henry..."

 

Why is it everywhere I go, I hear Henry?! At the park, the record store, the incident and now? WHAT IS WITH THIS GUY!!!!

 

"Is there something wrong?"

"Anni-"

 

Ah, it can't be. Maybe his nickname is just Henry and foreign business people call him that. 

 

"Do you not agree to this marriage?"

"No, appa! It's not like--that."

"Then?"

"I just think that it's happening too quickly..."

"Maybe you're right...I should just-"

" Look appa, I want you to be happy, and you're right. I'm a grown up now. I can handle myself and I guess that you can too. I hope you'll be happy..."

"_______-ah, your mom will be so proud of you."

"I know, I know."

"By the way, what did you want to tell me?"

 

NOOO! I can't tell appa about Donghae and I! I can't spoil the mood and cry all night in appa's arms while he's busy celebrating his engagement. Uh, _____ think!

 

"Well, I guess the thing you wanted to tell me was more important."

"But you don't argue with me usually-"

"Appa, I'm okay." I'm not telling the truth... "Don't worry about me okay? Or I might change my mind."

"Arrasso. I want to rest now..."

"I'll be here."

"Oh and by the way..."

 


 

"I know you want to meet them already, they're moving here tomorrow."

 

Wait, what? MOVING? Okay, so I agreed with your plan about getting married again, but letting people move in?

 

"Henry, this house is even bigger for the 4 of us."

"Omma, I'm going up. You need to rest too, you must be tired."

 

I said and turned my back quickly. I don't know if omma called me again or something, I was deaf at the moment. Now that I'm becoming successful and I thought I'm good with my life, my appa left, I met this girl, we had a misunderstanding because of me and now I get a stepfather and stepsister overnight?! What is wrong with my life...

 

I was lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling emptily and got tired. Yeah, tired of thinking. I grabbed my phone and realized I had no one to talk to. I wouldn't want to hear Donghae hyung right now and I would be too stupid to call _____ when our misunderstanding was all my fault...and Donghae's...and hers. AHH! I'm eating up all the words I've written for TRAP.

 


 

I put all my clothes in bags and boxes and all important things I had. All the pens I used inside my drawer for drawing, doodling and writing and all the sketch and notebooks I had. And most importantly, all the music sheets I've been hiding. I've been trying to write songs and I enjoy doing so, but I guess I'm too ashamed to show it and I've been keeping these to myself. I just like it and I treat my singing as a private thing I enjoy doing alone..and yes. Unlike all other stories, I'm the person who doesn't have a bestfriend who squeals and cries with me, that's why I think of music as an escape from reality. This passion takes me to a whole new paradise.

 

I finished keeping all my things and my all that was left in my room was furniture. Big boxes where already there and I finally got on my bed. Overnight, my life is turned upside down, completely like those imaginations I write. New family, new mother, new brother, new house, new life...a whole NEW WORLD.

 


 

Sorry for all the typos and grammar errors! I have no classes tomorrow so, yay! I might update You're My Only Escape tomorrow or tonight since I have nothing to do than pratice but I wrote this in a hurry 'cause my omma said we were going out. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it the first part!

 

I'm really overjoyed today since I have new subbies (yay, if you're one, thanks a lot, it means a lot to me!), it's my omma's b-day (happy birthday!) and a whole new world opened for me and my vio. Wait, I went overboard right? Well, hope you liked it!