Holiday 2

My Brother, My Lover

 

 
[After the dinner]
 
 
"Omma, may I go now?"
 
"Bwoh? Why-"
 
 
I stood up quickly and went out of the restaurant. I admit, I'm not in a good mood today. The thought that keeps bothering me, it just never goes away.
 
 
"_______-ah, what's wrong?" A masculine voice echoed from behind.
 
"I'm fine." I forced a smile.
 
"I don't believe you." He grabbed me by the shoulder and held me tight.
 
"Oppa, I told you I'm fine." I made an okay sign.
 
 
I turned away and walked under the moonlight, under the beautiful full moon. A perfect sight to behold.
 
 
The cold haunting breeze of the night embraced me in its sorrow. I walked around, thinking millions and millions of miles away from where I stood.
 
 
If appa and omma gets married, oppa and I will be brothers and sisters forever. 
 
 
Did I even hope oppa and I would get our happy ending? Aish, that's never gonna happen. Right from the start, I already knew everything would end up like this. Should this misery keep going on?
 
 
We've gone too far now. Is there still room to quit? Can we stop this?
 
 
"Stop what?"
 
"Ah!"
 
"______-ah, please trust me."
 
"Oppa, I don't even know how to trust my own decisions right now."
 
"Then let's do this together."
 
"W-we can't be together anymore."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"I....."
 
"I won't leave you! I won't leave you until you say you don't love me anymore!"
 
"I still do but-"
 
"But what?"
 
"We can't be like his forever."
 
"Are you giving up on us?"
 
"Oppa..."
 
"Are you giving up on us?"
 
 
I'm sorry oppa, but this is the only way I could think of to stop all of our sufferings, to stop hurting you. I can only send you away.
 
 
"This is for appa and omma. This is for us."
 
"If that's what you wish."
 
 
Oppa turned to the opposite direction and started walking away. The further he went, the bigger the gap between us got. I fell on my knees and cried endlessly. Why am I crying? Shouldn't I be happy?
 
 
I thought letting you go would free me from our burdens but it just chained me to them. I want to reach you.

 

I want to reach you and hold you even tighter now but you're already gone. My world, my love, my everything. Did I make the wrong decision? Will this just make things worse? 

 

I went to my room to fetch the keys of the car I rented. All I want to do right now is get away. I don't care where or how, but any place is good as long as it's far from here. 

 

I stopped as the signal from the traffic light became red and an empty white vision engulfed my sight. I felt an endless searing pain and I couldn' see anything. As my body drifted into the darkness, his image never left my mind.

 


 

Images of my childhood flooded from nowhere. Memories with my mother appeared one by one and I stood there watching in confusion, trying to think where I am. I don't feel pained anymore. Where am I?

 

Pictures of different memories came perfectly in order. From when mom died and appa and I had to move here, the laughs I shared with appa alone, the stories I wrote and the worlds I imagined, they all came back at once.

 

It saved the best for last because it then attacked me with my memories of Donghae and Henry. The days I spent with Donghae, how happy we were before, how Krystal came, how they fought each other, how I met Henry oppa, that special day in the amusement park, his confession, our mission with Kyuhyun oppa, it made me cry.

 

As I cried in the middle of nowhere, I realized that I still want to cherish these memories and make new ones with the man I love but it's too late. I'm in the middle of an endless and lifeless road of the nothing. In the middle of a war between two great countries, the first one to die in the game of life.

 

Is this how it feels to die?