Chapter Twenty-Nine

BE BAD FOR SEHUN
After two years...
 
Heejung's POV
 
 
It was almost my birthday. My 8th birthday. And here I am watching tv without thinking how I will celebrate it. I asked mom last night what we'll do for my birthday but she just smiled. 
 
 
Two years that already passed were really difficult for me and my older sisters. But seeing how things were right now, I think it passed nicely. Ahmm, maybe I should take what I've just said. It's freaking annoying and worst. Why? Because even though two years already passed, I still don't have lots of American friends. Because you know...English is not so easy for me. I'm having difficult in passing conversations to my classmates that I just chose to keep quiet almost all the time. I don't want to be bullied, so why just don't remain silent? Peace is better than war, that's my motto here in America. If you can't speak English, then just shut your mouth!
 
 
If I'm not having a good life here in States, my sister are WORSTer than me. Up until now that Heejin eonni already graduated from a prestige school here, she's still unable to find a job she likes. Not because she's underqualified or whatever. Heejin eonni is the most intelligent among us and she was offered a lot of jobs, but she rejected all of it. She just don't want to be close with Americans. We don't know why. Americans accepted us wholeheartedly but we choose to distance with them. Are we that bad? but nevermind. 
 
 
Heerin eonni has a different case. And her case was the WORSTest! Two years ago when she met her fiancé that she already know back in Korea. She said that it's the same guy who she chatted with at the cafe in the hotel where she found out that dad arranged her to marriage. It's pretty cliché, right? Meeting a person randomly without you knowing that he'll be the person you'll spend your whole entire life with. Just how amazing our father was to do this to my sister! Up until know, I see how this cruel marriage had brought Heerin unnie. For months, she just stayed inside her room. Only mom, my oldest sister and I was able to see her. She just eat if we're the one sending her the foods. And because of that, she became so SKINNY. 
 
 
We have met the guy that she'll marry and I can say that they're really forced to do it. Because mom told me that this guy whose name is Kim Joowon, already had a girlfriend for five years. And knowing that, I know it's really difficult for him to leave her. I guess my eonni feels the same way. This is why I hate being rich! 
 
 
Since I entered school, I always have my personal guard around me. It was sickening. When my classmates want to play with me, they refuse to let me. It's like they stole my freedom for me at such a young age. And maybe that's the reason why I usually think maturely than children of my same age. I was forced to act as an adult when I should still be playing with my freinds. And that's when I promised to myself that I can't trust anyone nor depend on them except for my two older sisters. Since I know that they went through all of this too, i guess we can all relate in this same issue.
 
 
While watching this cartoon, Heerin unnie sat beside me. And whispered something to me that made me form a smile.
 
 
"Hey pretty monster", she told me. "Guess what we have prepared for your birthday."
 
 
"What is it?", I asked excitedly.
 
 
"But before that, I want you to go to your room. There, I will say it to you.", her smile is teasing me that made me run over to my room.
 
 
I heard my sister giggling as I run to my room. "You'll definitely like our present for you, my dear.", I heard her whispher to herself.
 
 
As soon as I had stepped in to my room, I looked around to see where my sister placed my gift. After a while, I heard her walking inside my room and saw that she's with Heejin eonni also. They locked my door that made me nervous of what they are about to do.
 
 
But I was surprised that they both hugged me at the same time. I totally missed this feeling. How lucky I am to have these sisters with me.
 
 
"Where is my gift eonnis?"
 
 
"Babo-ya! It's still not your birthday, so why are we gonna give it to you?", heejin eonni said and my smile lowed down.
 
 
"But we're gonna tell you what it is.", Heerin eonni said as if she's waiting for the . "But one favor, we ask.", she added. 
 
 
"what is it?"
 
 
"keep it a secret to everyone ESPECIALLY TO DAD."
 
 
"OKAY FINE. PLEASE SAY IT ALREADY!!", I told them that made them pinch my cheeks at the same time.
 
 
"You really have no patience!", she said.
 
 
"Eonni, say it to her", heerin eonni said to heejin eonni.
 
 
"We've decided that your 8th birthday should be extra special. So we told mom about this and she granted us this wish. In two days, were gonna.... we're gonna.. we're gonna...."
 
 
"We're gonna what?"
 
 
"WE'RE GONNA GO BACK TO KOREA FOR VACATION!!", I dont know if I heard it right or I'm just daydreaming.
 
 
"Huh? What? Please say it again, eonni.", I said with my poker face.
 
 
" I said that we're going back to..... KOREA!!!!"
 
 
"WAAAAAHHH! really? Is this true?", I asked.
 
 
They didnt answer my question but just hugged me. I'm so happy. For two years we've been suffering a lot and know we can go back to our country again..Indeed the best gift ever!! 
 
 
"Thank you eonnis". 
 
 
"Nothing we won't do for our little pretty monster.", Heerin eonni said that made me burst into tears.
 
 
I can't wait to go back to where we once are. I miss Korea. I hope that we don't have to go back to this country ever more!