Chapter 9

Their Loves Story

Himchan sat down on the couch while waiting for her sister. She’s sulking because Youngjae didn’t allow her into the fitting room. She had her arms crossed on her chest, foot tapping impatiently and a small pout.

“Youngjae-ah, hurry up!” She yelled and her eyes went wide when she hears Youngjae cry in pain and a loud skin slapped and her mother nagging.

“Why are all my daughter hate my taste?!”

It comes to her what’s going on when the curtain of the fitting room pulled by the staff and revealing Youngjae in her wedding dress while rubbing her shoulder. She wears similar pout Himchan were wearing just now.

“Omma, I don’t want to wear this! So out-to-date!” Youngjae complaint and Himchan did agree to her. The memory back when she tried her wedding dress comes back.

“Omma, here, you stay here and read this magazine.” Himchan said while drag her mom to the couch and she went behind the curtain with Youngjae.

But the peace in the shop didn’t last long as Youngjae screamed and yelled at Himchan.

“Unnie!”

“Yah! Himchan! Stop groping your sister!”

And Himchan loud chuckles prove what their mother was thinking.

 

******

Youngjae sat on the bed while talking with her friends. No, she didn’t have those wedding blues like Himchan had but she did feels sad to think she’ll no longer be Kim’s baby.

“Youngjae.”

She turn to the door and smiles as her father walk in. her friends went to wait outside as giving time for the father and daughter little talk. Youngjae pat the empty space beside her.

“Aigoo, my pretty little princess.”

Youngjae feels like she’s going to cry as her father caress her nicely done hair. She hold her father hand as he pinch her cheek.

“Appa, I’m not little anymore.”

Her father chuckles and pinches her cheek again. “For every parent, their child always their little baby.”

She bit on her lower lips as her father kiss on top of her head. He stare at her with fatherly affectionate and hugged her and its pushes her to the edge. She cries on her father chest and mumbling incoherent words.

“Hey, don’t cry. Appa didn’t come here to make you cr-.”

Right before her father could finish his sentence, Himchan come in and gasped.

“Appa! Why are you made her cry?!”

She padded to both her father and sister. She took tissue box and shoves it to Youngjae.

“Yah! Don’t ruin your make up!”

Youngjae press her lips tight to prevent from crying louder. She take the tissue Himchan’s hand her and pad softly on the tears before Himchan look at her and fix her makeup.

“Why is every bride need to cry?”

“Shut up, unnie. You almost cancelled your wedding.”

“That was just a little nervous, big y.” Himchan said and rolled her eyes and turn to her father. She groaning before hugs her father.

“Appa, why are you crying? You don’t cry this hard on my wedding day.”

“Silly, it’s because you’re crying louder.”

Himchan showed her bunny teeth and wipe her father tears as her mother come in.

“Alright, stop all the drama and come out now.” Her mother said after shook her head.

 

*******

 

It was few months later when Youngjae got a called from Himchan. She just do her round and about to had lunch.

“Yes, unnie?”

“Youngjae, I need your advice as a doctor.”

Youngjae hummed in confusion. “Why are you whispering?”

“Eh, ah. Spur of moment, I guess.” She said after laughing. Too loud for Youngjae liking.

“Then, why don’t you come over, I’m about to have my lunch.”

As soon as Youngjae said that, someone launches herself on her back and as she can read who the attacker, she quickly holds on Himchan hands before her sister manage to on her .

“Aww, just a little bit…” Himchan clicked her tongue as Youngjae groaning and slap her hands away.

“Unnie! We’re in hospital!”

Himchan just pouts and follow Youngjae to her office while mumbling “Killer joy.”

Youngjae held the door to her office and let Himchan in. She took her coat and put it on before took her sit while Himchan sat on the patient chair. 

“Okay,” Youngjae said after clearing . She stare her sister professionally as Himchan fidget o her fingers.

She about to talk but as she remembered Youngjae hadn’t had her lunch yet, she took out a plastic lunch box and hand it to her younger sister.

“Before that, here, eat first. I made your favorite chicken salad.”

Himchan smiles as Youngjae drool at her lunch box. She pour some tea, she brought from home, into a plastic cup and wait until Youngjae finish her lunch.

“Ah, I’m full! Don’t tell anyone, okay.” Youngjae threaten after let out a big burp. She smiles as Himchan chuckles and jokingly said she’ll report to Youngjae’s Chief while she tidy up.

“Okay, now back to the business.” Youngjae said after Himchan throw the dirty tissue.

Himchan smile awkwardly and sat down. “Right, so, you know my cycles are a bit crazy, right? You know, my cycles usually either too early or a little late”

She looks around the rooms before she’s continues;

“…but I think it’s a little too late. I-I’m scared that something is wrong with me.”

Youngjae blinks her eyes several times. Suddenly, she burst out laughing.

“I’m sorry.” She apologized between her laugh because Himchan slumps back and pouts.

“..so, by something wrong, what do you mean by it?”

“I don’t know…maybe I’m sick?”

Youngjae smiles at her sister while shook her head softly. “Other than that?”

Himchan shrug her shoulder.

“Okay, wait a minute, okay.”

Youngjae went outside and a second later, her assistant come in with a cup on her hand. She hand it to Himchan.

“Okay, what I want you to do now is pee. Pee on that cup and gave it to the ED, ‘kay.”

Himchan look back at her sister and the cup on her hand. Her mind had a vague idea of the reason but her negative side seems to reject the possibility.

“Go on. Don’t worry.”

Few minutes later the result comes back and Himchan almost jump on her sister to know the result. Youngjae write down on her report and look up to her sister. She stares at Himchan and just staring.

“W-What?”

Himchan feels like she wants to punch Youngjae’s face at that moment. The OB just stare at her and had a small smile, no it wasn’t even a smile, at her.

“Yah, Youngjae, is it a bad news?”

“Unnie,” Youngjae took a deep breath before continue,

“…when was the last time you had ?”

Immediately, Himchan feels her cheeks burning. “T-That’s…why is that?”

“Because, Unnie, you’re going to be a mother.”

It took Himchan a few seconds to register the news before she’s screaming. Youngjae and her assistant had to cover their ears as the screaming a little too loud and screeching. Himchan finally stop screaming as Youngjae bring her into her embrace.

“H-how long was it?!” Himchan asked. Her cheeks wet with her tears. Youngjae smiles at her sister and let her go. She went back to her seat.

 “Ahh…wait a second okay.” Youngjae said as she look at the LMP and explain a brief to Himchan.

“So, if we not mistaken, you are around seven weeks along, almost two month and your due date might be on February.”

Himchan feels her tummy and her tears falls again.

“I-I going to be a mother.”

 

*******

 

 

Himchan bit her lower lips as the clock tells 12 midnight. She’s been waiting for her husband since 6 p.m, she even told her worker to go home and close her coffee shop early. Excitement from the anxiety to tell her husband about the news faded and she’s starting to feels anger building up.

Himchan had her arms crossed on her chest as she hears the door is unlocked from outside. She’s sulking, angry and all the emotion that she could made up.

“Himchannie, babe, why are you haven’t sleep yet?” Yongguk asked but Himchan just stayed silent and stare at her husband.

Yongguk went to the kitchen and drink a glass of water after putting his stuff on his work room. When he come back to the living room, Himchan stomped on his feet and yelling.

“I hate you! Stupid Bbang!”

And left Yongguk in pain and dumbfounded. She makes sure to slam the door loudly after that.

Yongguk shook his head and assume that Himchan sulking because he come home later than usual and casually went to their shared bedroom and went to the bathroom to have a light shower.

After putting on his pajama, Yongguk went to their bed and found Himchan sleeping and he couldn’t help it but smiling at the pillow between her space and his space. He sat on the bed and peeks at his wife and left low chuckles as he can see Himchan’s peeking through her closed eyes.

He turn to the lamp and is about to turn it off but stopped as he see a shiny and strange looking photo. He decides to ignore it but something tells him to look at it so he took it up. He scans the photo but couldn’t figure up the object of the picture until he turns it up a few times.

“Oh my god.”

He gasped as he is now can see a small figure, a peanut look alike. Immediately he turns to his wife.

“Channie. T-this is from an ultrasound, right?”

Himchan couldn’t stay sulking any longer, she open her eyes and sit up. she bit her lower lips and nodded her head before launch herself to her husband.

“We’re going to have a baby, BBang!”

Yongguk tighten his arms around his wife and kiss on Himchan forehead once awhile. For the first time, his manly tears streaming down his cheeks while Himchan kiss on his lips.

“I can’t believe it, Channie.”

“You have to!” Himchan said and pouts.

Yongguk kisson Himchan cheek before quickly urge his wife to lies down and he pull the blanket up to her chest. The pillows were long gone and put his arm under Himchan’s head and pull her close to his chest. He kisses on top of Himchan’s head and whispering.

“Thank you, honey. I love you so much”

Himchan never felt this happy before. She put her hand on Yongguk waist and muffles her ‘I love you’ on Yongguk chest.

‘I love you too, little baby.’ She thought while pat on her flat tummy before drifting to sleep with Yongguk’s constant chant of ‘I love you’.

 

 

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Next will be the last chapter.
I’m so sorry for the late update.
By the way, thank you for all the loves. You guys rock!