Chapter 3

Their Loves Story

“Mom! Where’s my uniform?” Himchan shouted from her bedroom. Today is her first day school in her senior year. She’s been running back and forth in her baby pink towel wrapped around his body while looking for her uniform.

“Mom!” She shouted again when she didn’t get the answer.

“Stop shouting, Kim Himchan! Look it for yourself!”

Himchan groaning at the answer.  She stomped back into her room and rummages her closet. However, she couldn’t find her new uniform and sighed before took her old uniform and iron the wrinkled shirt and put it on.

She looks into the mirror and combed her black-silky shoulder-length hair. Huffing a few times when she couldn’t decide which hairstyle she could do. She groans again before into her sister room.

“Young-“She about to call Youngjae but stop midway when she sees Youngjae still in her towel and applying her favorite hazelnut body lotion. Himchan smirk at the sight and tiptoeing to her sister. Sneakily, she wrapped her arms around Youngjae petite body and pulls her towel.

“Big ies!” She screamed as she d Youngjae and in a blink of eyes she running downstairs and laughing out loud as she hear Youngjae screamed her name.

However, her lips turn to a pout when Mrs. Kim nagging at her behavior.

“Behave like a girl, Himchan. Girls don’t laugh like that.”

“Mom, not every girl laugh like this.” She said while pretending to laugh with her hand covering . She scrunches her nose in disgust. “So, lame.”

Mrs. Kim rolled her eyes and shook her head at her daughter behavior. And she groaned louder when Himchan shoving her breakfast so –oh-not-so-lady-like. Somehow, she thought she’s having a son instead of a daughter.

The attention turns to the stair when Youngjae come down. Himchan rolled her eyes as her Mom smile at her sister. She quickly stood up when Youngjae approaching the dining table. She pulls the chair beside her and bows down.

“Please have a seat, Princess.”

“Himchan, stop teasing your sister.” Mr. Kim said as he sees the way Youngjae pouts. He knew Youngjae hate it when someone called her Princess and he knew Himchan see it as the best thing to annoy her sister.

Himchan give her dad a cheeky grin before sat down. She shoves her food hungrily and manages to steal some from Youngjae plate. And the younger girl will take it back. Himchan grinned as she eats the last piece of toast which Youngjae were about to take. Youngjae glared at her and sip on her orange juice.

“Youngjae, how did you turn all your fat to your chest?” Her sudden question makes her sister choke on her orange juice.

“Unnie!”

Both of the girls almost have their morning argument if Mrs. Kim didn’t stop them and shove them out to school.

*****

 

Himchan was bored. Like, really bored. She hates studying. She hates Math. She hates science but she love school. She’s bored since her best friend wasn’t there as they got different class and Himchan called her betrayer as her best friend got into Class 3-A  while she’s stuck in the Class C.

She look around and wave at few boys who staring at her and chuckles as they’re blushing. She drummed her fingers on her table and huffed in bored.

“You’ll old fast.” A deep voice said and chuckles behind her nape.

Himchan turn around and clicked her tongue. “Shut up, Bang.”

The boy chuckles again when Himchan turn around while straddle her chair. He shook his head when Himchan bring her chair closer to Yongguk’s table.

“You’re really…your face is deceiving, Himchan.”

“What?!” Himchan pretend like she’s going to hit the boy but end up laughing out loud.

“I guess that’s why that stupid foreigner-wannabe cheats on me.”

“That’s not something you should laugh at, Hime.”

Himchan grinned at that. She remembered the first day of the school. She was happily skipping her way to the hall with Youngjae and caught her boyfriend kissing the girl from class D which she couldn’t help it but laughing and not forgetting to gave him some of her deadly kick.

“I guess losing weight won’t help my love story, right?” Himchan said while checking herself on the hand mirror she’s bring everywhere.

Yongguk give her his infamous gummy smile before ruffle her hair. “At least you have a healthy body, no?”

Himchan groan as she fixed her hair and mutter a soft ‘Not my hair’ before grinning at Yongguk. She wriggles her eyebrows mischievously and leans forward.

“Hey Yongguk, would you like to go out with me?”

 

******

“Youngjae-ah, please.”

Himchan look at her sister pleadingly. She purposely opens her eyes widely, imitating their dog pleading face.

Youngjae bit her lower lips. Sighing a few time in attempt to ignore her sister. She gathers her stationary and fixes her eyes on her History textbook. Pretending to highlight few of the text on the thick book.

“Princess, please just this one.”

Himchan pouts as her plead seems didn’t get through her sister. She slowly wrapped her arm around her little sister. It’s been two days she’s been bugging Youngjae to watch Yongguk performance.

“Come on, Jae-ah. He’s going to rap, aren’t you like to watch underground performance?”

“That’s…Unnie, I have to study.”

Himchan whines as she heard that. She nuzzles her face on Youngjae neck, whining again.

“But, you’ve been studying this whole week. So, just for this weekend, let’s have fun.”

Youngjae bit her lower lips. It wasn’t like she didn’t want to go but…

“Who’ll perform other than Yongguk oppa?”

“Well, I don’t really remember but I think he said someone name Zico, Rap Mon, Suga, and uh…do you know Hyunseung oppa? I think he perform too.”

“That’s all? Okay, then.”

“Really?! Like really, really?!”

Youngjae chuckles when her sister had her eyes wide and she nods her head while put her books back to the bookshelves. Himchan hug her sister tightly and glomp her with kisses.

“This is why you’re the best sister ever, Youngjae! I love you!” Himchan shout while skipped to her room to get change. In 5 minutes she’s done. That’s made Youngjae almost couldn’t believe she’s not dreaming.

“Shut up and come on.” Himchan said while link her arm on Youngjae and wave their parent goodbye with an excuse to study at library.

 

*****

She feels something actually happen between the male singing in front of her and her sister. Himchan turn to both of them. The instinct is too strong especially when she sees the way Daehyun staring at her sister while he’s singing and the way Youngjae ignore him and crossed her arm on her chest, looking uninterested but Himchan decided to shrugged it off.

Then, Yongguk took over the stage. Himchan just about to jumps in excitement but she couldn’t help rolled her eyes when she feels hand groping her . She bit her lips before stomps her sneaker on the ert feet and smirk when she hear him groaning. The ert stop his doing and Himchan continue to scream for Yongguk.

“Unnie…”

It was a soft whisper but Himchan still hear Youngjae calls for her. She turns to her sister and realizes Youngjae in the verge of crying while her hand slap on ert hands on her waist. Youngjae right hand been swatting the hands on his body while her left hand trying to pull a hand that muffles .

Himchan grit her teeth before dash to her sister and kicking the ert and the performance stopped immediately. She jump on the man and punching, kicking and slapping all her might until someone hold on her wrist and stop her from violence the man.

“What the-“ she glared at the person who stopped her and almost cursing but was taken aback when the male who look around her age take the ert man in one hand and grab his collar tightly. He turns to Himchan and politely asking.

“What did he do to you, miss?”

Himchan blink her eyes dumbfoundedly before she answer. “H-He trying to molest my sister.”

He nods his head before flew his punch. A blow and that man passed out. Himchan swallow her spit.

“Himchan, are you alright?”

She flinches when an arm wrapped around her waist. Immediately she looks for her sister and pulls her into her embrance. She turns back to the male that help him but he’s no longer there and turn to Yongguk.

She look at him with her wide eyes and suddenly she feel so scared and buried her face on Yongguk build chest.

“Bbang, it’s…I…I’m so scared.”

When Yongguk wrapped his arm around the porcelain girl, Himchan cries.

Because somehow, she feels secure.

The next day, Youngjae skipped her school because she has a high fever. From both trauma, of being molest and watching something too violent.

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

Urmm…urmmm….what do you think?