Chapter 10

Their Loves Story

 

 

 

Youngjae tap on her Ipad rapidly as she is playing games. She is ignoring her sister groans and growls as the older sister is trying maternity gown one after another.

“Jae-ah, which one looks good?”

Finally, Himchan turn around and asked her sister opinion. She needs to buy a new maternity gown as her tummy is a lot bigger than when she was having Jongup.

Yes, it was exactly one year and six months after she delivered Bang Jongup and right now, she’s having her second child. And Youngjae is pregnant, too. They even make jokes about telling people that their children are twin once they are born as their due date are close to each other.

“I think the soft purple.” She said nonchalantly while pulling Jongup to her lap. The little boy is a quiet one even since before he was born, Himchan almost thought Jongup was dead because he didn’t move much.

Jongup smiles at his mother’s sister and jut his lips. The boy loves his aunt so much. Youngjae couldn’t help it but pull him closer and kiss on his forehead instead. Himchan warn her not to steal Jongup first kiss because she want her boy to experience a wonderful first kiss instead of having to tell everyone his aunt had his first kiss.

“I’m too fat!” himchan said. Stomping her feet as she glance at her body. She gave the dress to the shop assistant and gives her cash as she feels her feet hurts so much. She smiles at the shop assistant.

“…Yongguk must hate me.” She continues as she takes a seat next to Youngjae. Jongup reach out for his mother and Himchan took him of Youngjae and give him his milk as he begins to on Himchan’s dress.

“He had seen the worst of you, no?”

Youngjae said and lift her eyebrow. Reminding her sister about her past. Himchan glare a dagger to her younger sister. Looking at her threatening.

“Remind me again, I’ll kill your PS.”

The shop assistant came back and gives Himchan’s purchase. They stood up after putting Jongup on his stroller. They walk out of the shop and couldn’t help to notice everyone that passes them is staring.

Himchan lean to Youngjae and whispered.

“Is it weird to see two pregnant women walk together?”

Youngjae chuckles and shook her head. “Ignore them, unnie. Ah, please, let’s go home, I can’t feel my feet!”

Himchan rolled her eyes and took out his phone and asked Yongguk to pick them up.

 

*****

 

Youngjae stir in her sleeps. She groans a few times as she feels pain at her lower abdomen.

“Dae, wake up.”

She shook her husband vigorously as she thinks it is time.

“Dae, hurry!” She almost screams as Daehyun groggily rub his eyes. She gather all her courage and took the bag she have packed in case she going to have early birth.

“Oh my god.”

She groans louder as another contraction hitting. Daehyun quickly getting off their bed and rush to his wife and took the bag from Youngjae and reach his car key before slowly bring her to their car with constant stop as Youngjae getting frequent contraction.

Daehyun step on the paddle, ignoring honking from others car while Youngjae stabilize her breathing. Once a while Daehyun pat on the back on Youngjae’s hand.

“We’re almost there.”He said when Youngjae groan again.

 

^^^^^^

 

Daehyun walk back and forth. He’s nervous, anxious and everything.

“Relax, she’s going to be alright.”

Daehyun turn to his brother and went to the bench and sat next to him as Yongguk pat Jongup back. It was a miracle because as soon as he reaches to the labor room, he meets Yongguk who waiting for Himchan that went to the room a few minutes earlier.

Their parent and in-laws come half hour later.

“How are they?” Mrs. Kim asked. She peeks on the labor room but disappointed when she couldn’t see any of her daughters.

Daehyun shook his head while Yongguk just smile.

A few minutes later, they feel a little relieve when they hear the first cry. Both fathers look at each other, wondering whose baby is crying. However, Daehyunsigh in disappointed as the door of Himchan’s labor room is opened and the nurse congratulate Yongguk.

Daehyun fidgeting with his fingers. The rest of the family went to see Himchan while he still waiting outside.

“In case, my son is born.” He said.

He sighs a few times. However, as the door opened and the nurses didn’t come to him and they are running out before come back with machines.

“Ex-“ He tried to called one of them but they seems ignoring him and quickly went back in the labor room. He waits again and his mother comes out to look for him but he usher her to wait in Himchan room.

A few minutes later, the doctor comes to greet him, the moment he sees the door open, he knew something is wrong.

‘Where’s the cry?’ He thought.

“You’re the husband?”

“Y-Yes.”

He knew something bad just happen when the doctor look down. The young doctor pats on his shoulder.

“I’m so sorry.”

Daehyun didn’t wait for the explanation and dash in. he almost cries with the sight in front of him. He could see the tears stain on her cheeks while she cradles their baby. He stepped to his wife and she stared back to him.

“Youngjae.” He called and his wife crying out loud.

“Dae…” She cries and looks at their baby before bring their son closer to her chest.

“…he’s gone.”

 

******

 

Daehyun glance at his wife. She’s smiling while feeding Junhong, Himchan’s son, while the little baby hungrily.

He feels grateful somehow because the first week he brings her back, she’ll be crying for her dead baby, who would guess their baby have a heart failure, and her shirt would always wet from her milk. And as Himchan feels sympathy for her sister she let her feed Junhong besides for some reason, her milk wasn’t enough.

“Jae, I just want to remind you, Junhong is not our son.” Daehyun said as Youngjae burp the small baby and cradle him in her arms. It’s not that he hate the baby but he afraid Youngjae get too attach and somehow forgotten the reality.

“I know. I just…” She bit her lower lip to hold back the tears.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt your feeling, Jae.” Daehyun wipe the tears on Youngjae cheeks. He hates to see Youngjae’s tears but his wife couldn’t contain her tears and excuse herself to the bathroom after handed sleeping Junhong to Daehyun.

He put Junhong on his small bed and went to the bathroom. His heart clenching as he hears Youngjae choked sobs. He balls his fist before decided to let her cry out till she’s content while he’s waiting outside.

Himchan couldn’t help it but cry to see her sister situation. She doesn’t know exactly the pain but she understands the painfulness.

“Let her calm, Daehyun.” Himchan said and pat on Daehyun back.

Daehyun look at his sister in-law and bit his lower lip before turn on his heels.

“I’ll come for her later.”

 

*****

 

Youngjae hold Jongup close to her chest while patting the toddler bum. The little boy slowly drifting to sleep as Youngjae humming a soft lullaby. Junhong has long tuck into his crib by Himchan. As Jongup finally in his deep slumber, Youngjae put him into his crib.

“He’s asleep?”

Youngjae turn her head to the doorframe. Himchan is smiling at her while Yongguk had his arm around his wife waist.

“Yeah.”

Himchan turn to her husband and peck on his cheek. “Why don’t you go ahead and sleep?”

Yongguk smiles at his wife and kiss on her temple. He turns to Youngjae and bid her ‘goodnight’ before went to his share room.

Himchan walk to her sister and sat on the floor. She pulls Youngjae and both of them sit face to face. Himchan took her hand onto her own and gave her a soft squeeze.

“Youngjae-ah,”

“…I know you have it hard. And I didn’t say this because I want you to stay away but Daehyun was right.”

She pauses to let Youngjae grasp when she’s going to say. She took a tissue box on Jongup’s alphabet table and gave it to Youngjae as tears begin to welling up on her eyes. Himchan pulled her into her embrace and tightly hold her sister.

“I know it’s hard for you but don’t you think Daehyun is hurt as well?”

Himchan feels her tears welling up as Youngjae begin to sniffles and sobbing.

“It was…it feels like yesterday, I’m carrying him inside me. He-he was healthy every time I went for my checkup. But…unnie.”

Youngjae let out her sob. She cries all her out while crying Himchan’s name. She’s crying for hours and finally sleeps on Himchan’s lap.

 

*******

 

Daehyun wipe the tears on his eyes.

He knew it hard for her. He knew it well because it’s hard for him too. He went into his baby’s room and his tears streaming down again. Both of them have prepared everything for their son. Baby crib, toys, cloth, and even board for pictures.

He caress on the ultrasound picture they’ve attached on it, from the moment they got the news that Youngjae is pregnant till the last weeks of her pregnancy.

“Hyunjae.” He called the name they’ve choose for their baby. A combination of their name.

He come back from his trance as his phone ringing. He thought of ignore it but from the ringtone, he knew it was his wife. It was two days ago since he last met Youngjae and it would be lying if he said he didn’t miss her.

“…Dae.”

Daehyun hold the tears as he hears her voice.

“Dae, I miss you.” All he hears after that was choking sob and he didn’t plan to hang up yet.

After few minutes, Youngjae calm down and whispers.

“Take me home.”

 

*******

 

Himchan wave at Daehyun’s car. She pray her sister will be blessed with child soon. She didn’t think she could take her sister mourn anymore. It’s hurt her as Youngjae’s big sister.

“Mommy, baby Zelo is hungry.”

Himchan quickly turn around as she hears Junhong soft cries. She scoops him into her arms and went inside while kissing the small baby on his cheek.

“Aww…poor little Zelo.” She sat on the couch and found a comfortable position before feed her son. She hopes it is enough because the little one does have a big appetite. She look at Jongup who playing on the living room before he turn to her and drools.

“Are you hungry too, my puppy?”

Jonggup nods and begin to whines and crawls to his mother. He reaches out his hand but Yongguk quickly lift him up and bring him to the kitchen and get him his milk.

“Stop calling him your puppy, Hime.”

Yongguk said after sat next to his wife. He feed his baby his milk and kiss on Himchan lips as she pouts. Jongup drink his milk hungrily while groping Yongguk chest out of habit.

“But he is my puppy.”

“Then that’s made you a b- ouch!” He cries in pain as Himchan hit his chest. Jongup giggles at his dad funny face and Yongguk pretend to bite his hand.

“He’ll choke!” Himchan yelled as Jongup cough.

“…and don’t use foul language in front of my babies, Bbang!”

“Sorry.” Yongguk said as he patting on Jongup’s back.

Then, they stay silent and watch the Pokemon while they trying to put both their son to sleep. And when they sure their babies are sleeping, they put them on their cribs. They went back to living room and planned to watch television quietly but Yongguk had another idea.

He sneaks his arms around Himchan waist and pulls her closer. Himchan push his hand off her but Yongguk pull her so she is straddling him.

“Mr. Bang!” She hit on his shoulder but didn’t put much effort to it.

“Mrs. Bang, please entertain me.”

Himchan moans as Yongguk his hip. Yongguk chuckles before pulling Himchan by her neck and plant a kiss on her lips.

“No, Yong-ah-guk.” She put more effort to resist her husband as his hand wander down to her and slip into her blouse, unhook her bra and brush her s.

“But, Hime, it’s been awhile. Please…”

Himchan trap between her own needs and her husband desire. She wants to wait until Junhong a little bit older but Yongguk’s needy moans and y expression crush it all.

She wants him, too.

“Fine, but put your on.”

Yongguk leering at her and scoop her bridal style into their room. Few minutes later, Yongguk’s groan and Himchan moans echoed.

At the same time, Jongup had a dream that his Appa is a caveman.

 

******

 

Daehyun smiles at his wife as Youngjae prepare his breakfast. It’s been awhile they properly sit and eat together without someone ending up crying before they start eating.

“Good morning, Mr. Husband.” Youngjae greets as Daehyun wrap his arms around her waist.

“Mornin’, wifey.” He greets back and kisses on the back of Youngjae’s head.

Softly, Youngjae push her husband and pouting. She points at her lips and Daehyun leans in to kiss his wife.

“Now, let’s eat.” Youngjae said as she brings coffee cups. They eat while holding each other hand and eat in silent. Once a while they glance up to each other.

“Dae…”

“Yes?”

It was a moment of silent. Daehyun glance up as he feels Youngjae grip on his hand and sighing as he could see Youngjae’s tears welling up and she start to sniffles.

“Baby,”

“Ah! I’m sorry…it just…I suddenly…” She sobs harder and Daehyun stood up and embracing her. He kisses on top of her head.

“Baby, I know it’s hard. I know you miss him because I miss him too. But what could we do?”

Daehyun bit his lower lip as Youngjae buried her face on his chest and sobbing louder.

“Daehyun…”

“Shh…I know.”

Daehyun lift her chin and kiss his wife affectionately. He wipe the tears that streaming down her cheek and kiss her nose and cheek and temple.

“Listen, instead of crying, why don’t we try harder to have another baby?”

Youngjae choke on her tears and have a hard time to speak.

“Wh-What if they end up dying, Dae?”

“That’s…let’s think about it later, okay? We’ll try harder to protect our child, alright?”

Youngjae quickly wipe off the tears left on her cheeks and smiling.

“Okay. Let’s have a lot, I mean, lots of babies. Our own babies.”

Daehyun nods and kiss his wife again.

.

.

.

 

 

The End.

 

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

Yay! It’s finally completed.
Honestly, this chapter made me cried, like, really cried and sobbed and choked.
The baby death actually based on a true story (not mine though)
The mother went on Postpartum Depression (PPD) and it took her three years to get well, it’s a miracle though, because most of PPD’s patient (what I’ve heard) have a thin chances to get well.
And now, they have two cute girls.

Any who, I love you guys so much.
Thank You for the votes subscribes and comments.