Chapter 4

Their Loves Story

 

 

 

Everyone of the class 3-C always thought Himchan will end up dating Yongguk. Like who won’t when they like

However, their thought is absolutely wrong because Himchan got her third boyfriend on her third month in school. Himchan was skipping to cafeteria after stop at Youngjae classroom only to found her sister nowhere to be found. She wanted to ask Yongguk to come along but the boy said he is too tired of his gig the night before.

She walk through crowded of boy that awed by her beauty and she politely smile to them. However, when she’s too oblivious and too happily skipped her way, she’s tripped. Face fall.

“Are you alright?”

Like a fairy tale, Himchan slowly, lifted her head and found a handsome boy kneel down to her level and if it’s possible, she really thought she saw flower petals and pink glistening on his back.

“Yeah. I’m okay.” She said and immediately sits up. She looks around and hears whispering that she thought they are laughing at her clumsiness.

“Your knee is bleeding, miss.”

Himchan look at her knee and whining. Quickly took out her tissue and almost pat on the wound but the prin- handsome boy hold on her wrist. She look at him in confuse when he shook his head.

“Maybe you should let the Infirmary teacher treat your wound.”

“Ah, that’s alright, it’s happen a lot.” She said before laughing out loud. Showing her bunny teeth. The handsome boy blinks his eyes before laugh along.

“You are so different than what I heard.” He said while help her to stood up. He insists that Himchan should go to the infirmary and she somehow obeyed while sulking.

They headed to the infirmary and talk a lot. Somehow becoming friends and two month later, after pursued Yongguk to not think so badly about the handsome guy, Himchan becoming Yu Barom’s girlfriend which surprisingly a popular guy of class 3-A.

And Himchan wonder why she never heard about it.

 

******

 

It was two years later when 22 years old Himchan come crying and knocked on Yongguk’s door.  Yongguk open his door with his girlfriend, Jieun, tailed behind. They let her in and immediately Himchan reach for Jieun because she knows it will cause her trouble if she went to Yongguk.

Jieun pat on her back and tell Yongguk to make some drink while she brings Himchan to the living room. She sat her on the couch while Himchan couldn’t contain her tears. She cried on the crook of Jieun neck and wet her night wear. Few minutes later, Yongguk come back with a cup of hot cocoa and put it on the coffee table.

They wait until Himchan calm down before asking her.

“What’s wrong Himchan?”

Jieun asked. She looks concern and wipes the tears that begin to reform on Himchan eyes. She look back at her boyfriend and back to Himchan.

“He…” Himchan choked on her tears and stopped as she hides her face between her knees. Her toes curl as she tried to hold back her tears.

“We’ve broke up.” She bit her lips as she said it.

“Well, isn’t the first time, right?” Yongguk stated more to trying to pursue his best friend.

Himchan shook her head vigorously. She let the fat tears flowing and sobbing harder.

“Not this time, Bbang. He really…”

She couldn’t speak further as her sob begin to choke her. Jieun pull her into her embrace and help her to stand up. She brings her to the guest room at the back of Yongguk’s apartment and laid Himchan on the bed.

“Sleep, honey. You need it now. We’ll talk more when you’re calm.”

That night, Yongguk couldn’t sleep when he knew Himchan would bawl her eyes out for the break up. He knew it very well Yu Barom is the first boyfriend she ever loves so deep, so hard.

So, he brings himself to the guest room and wrapped his arm around Himchan as she cry to sleep.

 

*****

Himchan woke up that morning with a good smell of egg. She open her eyes slowly and blinking a few times to adjust with the brightness.  She sighs in contemplate as she could smell her favorite coffee. Slowly, she sat up and sat at the edge of the bed. Immediately, she remembers that she wasn’t in her own room.

“You’re awake?”

Himchan turn to the door as she hears a soft knock and Yongguk peek his head in.

“Yes, just awoke.”

A soft smiles tugging on Yongguk face while he padded in. he took the side next to Himchan and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. He brings her head on his chest before ruffles her brownish dyed hair.

Himchan let the man caress her back and didn’t push him like she always do. Quietly, her tears falls and she sobs against Yongguk chest. The taller male tightens his embrace before softly pat on her back and she slowly calm down.

“Wash your face and we’ll have breakfast. Jieun made some chicken salad and omelet.”

He said once Himchan stop crying. He caresses her tears away and hand her some clean shirt and Jieun knee length skirt.

“Hurry up or I’ll finish all the food.”

 

^*^*^*^*

 

Yongguk walk Himchan home after send Jieun to her work.

“How is your barista class?” Yongguk started.

“Good. I guess.”

He eyed Himchan as she had her head down. He sighs when he could see her tears start to well up. He reaches out his hand to her and urges her to hold his hand.

“What’s happening?”

Once Himchan took hold of his hand, Yongguk put their hands on his pocket. He shook his head when Himchan sniffles.

“He left me. He didn’t believe in long distance relationship.”

She bit on her lower lip and she felt Yongguk tighten his grip. Slowly, she lifts her head and wipes her tears. She was trying to fake a smile which Yongguk find really awkward.

“I really like him, though.”

 

******

Himchan perplexed at the news she heard. She stared at the woman in front of her.

“Jieun-ah, what’s wrong?”

Jieun rolled back her eyes and hold back the urged to glared at Himchan.

Right now, the three of them, Yongguk, Jieun and Himchan are standing at Yongguk studio with Jieun looking flared and looks like she’s ready to kill someone. She took a deep breath before turn to Yongguk.

“I’m tired with all of this. Let’s break up.” She said and walk pass Himchan and straight to the entrance.

Himchan startled and panicking. She hit on Yongguk back.

“Yah! Bbang! Run after her! What are you doing?”

She look between the door and Yongguk. When she see Yongguk didn’t looks like he wanted to run after Jieun, she quickly dart out but was stopped by Yongguk strong arms.

“Don’t.”

“Why?! She just said she wanted a breakup!”

“She knew I wouldn’t after her.”

“Why?”

Himchan stop struggling and look at Yongguk with a frown.

“Because my heart no longer for her. Actually, it never did.”

“What?! Yah, Bbang! Are you stupid? Who is that ?!”

Yongguk shook his head. “She is not a , Himchan.”

“yes, she is! She shouldn’t get in the way! You’re someone else boyfriend!”

“T-that’s…she don’t even know I like her”

“What?”

Yongguk shook his head again. “You’ll understand. One day.”

*******

For the rest of three years later, Himchan stayed away from any relationship as she still hoping for Barom to coming back. But he’s not.

And she finally, get her dream job. At the age 25, with the help of Yongguk and her parents, she owned a café which she named Fairy Tokki (Youngjae really think her sister crazy).

And as the opening ceremony, Yongguk brought bouquet of roses. With a card attach.

‘Himchan, be my girlfriend, please.’

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

What did I just….

Oh god.