The Cat Who Got Worried About Potentially Crazy Human Lady

The Cat Who Didn't Care

 

 

A/N: LEO EVERYWHEREEEEEEE

...He's distracting me from writng. Leo... please... stahp. STAHPPPPPP

 

 

Tokki quickly made some toast, slapped some ham on the side, grabbed two forks, and ran back into the living room. She was slightly shaky as she made her way back for some reason that she probably already knew.

"H-Here, enjoy~" She tried to chirp cheerfully, but she was trembling too much to pull it off successfully.

Leo glanced up at her, mildly concerned, before nodding thanks and taking the plate.

It was awkwardly quiet for a while, as they chewed their breakfast in silence. Tokki was uncharacteristically not talkative for once, which Leo picked up on right away and he was now quite worried.

"So..." He began softly, grabbing Tokki's attention immediately. "... are you... really okay with a full-grown man, who used to be a cat, living with you...?"

She froze. Literally, chills ran up her spine, paralyzing her as they went until even the "cheerful" smile on her tiny, adorable face stuck in place. There was no response from her for at least two minutes, in which Leo was getting very, very uneasy. When she finally responded, she slowly turned her unnaturally pale face to him and her petal pink lips quivered slightly, and then she suddenly started wailing. Not crying, not sobbing, but just pure wailing.

Tokki then, as the tears ran down her face like rivers, ran into the closet and continued to weep. She was mentally unstable and anxious at the moment, as she was just greeted with the shock of her dearly loved cat turning into an old man (In her point of view, Leo was quite old, even if she didn't know his age, and still suspected her innocence might not be intact.) and she was obviously not okay right now.

The sound of long fingers lightly rapping at the closet door echoed through the small room. 

"Tokki-ah...? Are you okay?" A gentle voice sounded from outside. "...I'm sorry if I frightened you..."

She wanted to respond, so badly, but all she could manage was a ugly noise that sounded like she was being strangled. Good job, Tokki.

Immiediately, the door opened, flooding the wardrobe with light and arms surrounded her, dragging her out and onto the floor. Leo hugged her, gently caressing her hair and whispering comforting words into her ear until she stopped bawling.

When she finally got ahold of her situation, her face flushed as red as a cherry, and she stumbled away from him and faceplanted onto the bed. You see, Tokki was not used to men holding her and calming her, much less than one that used to be her lovable kitty, and was now much more than just a little embarrassed. Of course, Leo just looked at her, confused before sitting down next to her. Tokki didn't take any notice as her brain was fried from the strange and hard-to-process events that had happened... until Leo started petting her again, rubbing the back of her head gently.

Tokki would have rolled away, but she was honestly too tired to do anything at this point. She did try really hard to accept the new, human Leo into her life but this was really going to take some getting used to. It was just too mind-boggling to handle in one day.

It was also kind of relaxing to have Leo her. She wondered briefly if this is what it was like to be a cat being petted by its owner, before her eyes started to close. Before she knew it, she was asleep.

"Aish... sleeping already..." Leo murmured softly. "Well... she's had a rough day."

Even though it's barely been an hour.

He moved to pick her up and tuck her in, but she randomly snuggled into his leg, forcing him to sit down again. Tokki was a... cuddly type of sleeper and tended to curl up with him when she slept, even back when he was a cat. He sighed and continued to caress her, as she sprawled out across his lap, sleep-mumbling to herself.

"...I like..." Tokki babbled in a sleepy aegyo-like voice.

Leo tried not to smile, remembering when she would say the most ridiculous things while she slept. "You like what...?"

"I like..." She continued drowsily. "... really, really like..."

He continued to pet her, a bit restlessly while waiting for her answer.

"... the... cute little... black cat..."

Leo stopped and looked at her suspiciously.

Tokki muttered to herself for a bit before going on. "... Even though... he's not a cat anymore..."

The dark-haired male tensed, listening more carefully then ever for her to finish.

"I'll... always... try....."

She tightened her grip on the blanket.

"... always... to... him..."

There was a bit more of befuddled, unintelligible mumbling before all was quiet, and Leo couldn't make out a single word. He sighed and resumed her, running his fingers gently through her long, pale brown hair.

"Always try to what...? What is it that you want to try, Tokki...?" He asked absentmindedly.

But of course, there was no response as the adorable little girl was already in a deep sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I DIED SO MANY TIMES TRYING TO WRITE THE FLUFF THIS WAS SO HARD //CRIESSSS

Hope you enjoy and feel free to comment and/or subscribe~~