The Cat Who Got Taken Care Of (Sorta)

The Cat Who Didn't Care

 

 

 

The first few hours with the cat were quite tedious. Tokki found out that the cat had a sprained leg, with lots of muscle damage, and some scrapes and very likely some bruising, which she needed to wash and bandage...

...But the cat was being very incompetent. It would always shuffle away whenever Tokki tried to approach it, and turn away when Tokki tried to look at it. It seemed to not want anything to do with her, and just sat on the plastic covered pillow, bleeding away. Tokki was starting to get very concerned, and a little panicky as well.

"Please just let me bandage you, okay?" Tokki asked in a higher pitched voice than usual. "You're going to bleed to death... your leg isn't going to heal... you'll never go home... your folks are probably missing you..."

She continued to babble, half to herself, half to the cat to attempt to convince it, while fiddling with her long, beige hair. The dark animal just shuffled away even further, clearly not interested in Tokki's offer. He tuned Tokki out for a minute or two, and when he turned around,

"... Do you have a name? You probably have a name, right? Unless you're a stray. But even if you're a stray, you should have a name..."

If cats could roll eyes, he would have done so.

 

 

It had been ten minutes and Tokki was getting desperate.

"Please? I'll feed you! I'll feed you the highest quality cat food I can find! I'll even cook!"

The cat, by now, was more than exasperated. He had an extremely good reason not to accept her help and she was not helping one bit. He was on the verge of giving in even though that would not result in anything good, in his opinion. This weird human was just clueless and unbelievably persistent.

He peered at her from the corner of his glowing, amber eye.

She was kneeling on the ground, bowing repeatedly, and chanting some kind of cat worshipping rhyme. She looked completely, and utterly ridiculous, as you can imagine... He sighed (in a cat-ish way) and deep in the back of his mind he was considering accepting so she would stop behaving like a complete potato.

At that moment, Tokki all of a sudden fell silent as a brilliant idea popped into her head.

The most genius idea she's had in a while.

She marched over to the charger, picked up her Samsung, and dialed the number of the pet store at the mall.

 

 

One of her friends said his friend was volunteering there, for whatever reason Tokki didn't know yet, so she figured that he could help. From what she heard, he was studying to become a vet, and knew an awful lot about animals. She had even seen him and spoken to him (barely) a couple times (twice).

Except... she didn't know his name.

So she was just going to hope that it was him who picks up and not just some random employee because anxiety problems.

...If she was able to tell which one he was.

(As you can see, Tokki is just simply retarded.)

"Hello? Hongbin from Happy Paws Pet Center speaking. How may I help you?" A deep, somewhat relaxing voice sounded from the other end.

"H-Hello? This is Tokki..." She stuttered.

"Oh, we've bumped into each other before, right? It's nice to hear from you again." 

He's really, really polite... Tokki thought. But at the same time, he sounds a little shy...

"Um, yes... it's nice to talk to you too~" She managed to chirp cheerfully before wincing at how awkward she sounded. 

"Ah... so, what do you need help with?"

She bit her lip and glanced towards the cat, with her sparkling chocolate brown eyes, who was now staring at her with a razor sharp glare.

"I... found an injured cat on the side of the road... with a sprained leg... and he won't let me bandage him... I'm worried..." She managed while looking back at the cat's intense stare.

"A... cat, huh?" His tone suddenly changed. "Does... he have black-ish brown fur... and like, sort of glaring amber-brown eyes, by any chance?"

"Um, yeah, actually." She replied, confused. "Ah, is it yours, by any chance?"

"No, no it isn't..." Hongbin answered quickly. "He's just a well-known alley cat called Leo. I take care of him sometimes when he gets injured... like now."

"Oh, um... do you want me to drop him off there?" Tokki asked, glancing back at 'Leo', who was now glaring even more intensely at her.

There was a short pause that felt like an eternity. Tokki could almost hear Hongbin hesitating, as if he were deciding whether to do a good thing or a bad thing.

"Actually... you can keep him." He said slowly. "You like cute things, right? Leo can be... sort of cute sometimes."

For some reason, Tokki thought she could hear Hongbin smirking through the phone... and she looked back and Leo and he had his glare full volume.

"O... Okay...? But..."

"It'll be fine. A sprained leg isn't very hard to treat. If you need any help you can just contact me, I'll give you my phone number." He laughed a little. "Besides, Leo needs to stop being such a loner. You know, make some connections for once."

"R-Really...?"

"Yep. And not to mention that being a street cat isn't very good for his health. It's about time he got a real home as well."

Tokki nodded, trying to break away from Leo's bright amber gaze. "O-Okay."

"Are you really, absolutely sure about keeping him, though? You'll have to take good care of him~" Hongbin nearly sang. He seemed a lot more confident and perkier than before, Tokki noted to herself. I wonder why...?

"Y-Yes... yes I will."

"Oh, and one more thing, you can just give him some raw or cooked meat. It's more nutritious for him and saves money. Cat food's quite expensive these days!" He said cheerfully before they said their goodbyes and hung up.

Tokki sighed and put the phone back on the table, and walked to the kitchen to get some alcohol wipes and bandages. But before she could take her first step-

"♬ ~Wow, fantastic baby~ ♬ "

G-DRAGON's voice rang from her phone while her phone violently vibrated, making her jump and nearly fall over. Hongbin had texted her his phone number along with a message.

"Here's my cell, and how's the bandaging? Leo's not too mad, is he? >w<"

She scrambled to pick up the phone, and texted back, trying hard not to make too many typos.

"No, it's okay~ ^^ I've barely started, actually... v.v"

" ♬ ~Wow, fantastic baby~ ♬ "

G-DRAGON's voice came from her device again as he immediately messaged her back.

"If anything goes horribly wrong, just call this number. I've gotta go back to work, goodbye."

"Okay, have fun~ ovo"

Tokki, sighed, putting down her phone once again. She quickly glanced back at Leo, who did not look very happy.

"Um... I'm going to go get some bandages..." She mumbled as she slipped away to the kitchen.

This was not going to be easy...