The Cat Who Got Kidnapped/Adopted

The Cat Who Didn't Care

     

 

 

It was a normal, hot, humid summer day, with the occasional heavenly cool breeze wafting through the air. Among the splotches of sun and shade on the sidewalk, a small figure could be seen making her way home from school. (And by making, it was more like trudging extremely slowly.)

The small figure was Kim Miyeon also known as the cute Tokki, a sixteen-year-old in grade eleven. Tokki has light brown, beige-ish hair that fell just below the middle of her back, pale skin with peach-like cheeks, soft pink lips that had the cutest pout, and extremely sweet, sparkly chocolate brown eyes that lit up... well... always. She also was the youngest in her grade, ditzy, unbelievably clumsy, and had pretty big panic attacks even when the tiniest of things happen. Tokki was everyone's little sister, except for the few who thought she was annoying, and she was quite short as well, at barely 5'6.

And now she was stumbling home after a long day at school, which included a long, tiring, sweaty block of P.E, which she disliked.

Tokki fanned herself with her just assigned homework, and sighed/panted as she silently scolded herself for not taking her friend's offer to teach her how to bike last week. The heat was really no joke today, she internally groaned as she fanned herself harder.

She was just about to continue complaining but she noticed a dark blob on the edge of the sidewalk. As she came closer, it appeared to be quite furry. When Tokki walked right up to it, it was clear that it was a black cat, sleeping on the side of the road.

Her love for anything adorable set in and she was overwhelmed by the desire to pet it. Its fur was so thick and fluffy and pettable.

Cautiously, she bent down and its fur. There was no response at first, but she felt gravel in its fur when she touched it, and its muscles were tensed, as if it was in great pain. She furrowed her eyebrows in concern as it opened its amber-brown eyes, and the pupils were slitted, even when it was in the shade. Even though it wasn't making any expressions, just by looking into its eyes, it looked like it was in pain.

If it were a human, Tokki thought to herself, it looks like it would be crying... 

And pain was the exact thing the shadowy cat was feeling at the moment. Throbbing, stabbing pain. He looked into the girl's eyes, trying to communicate to her somehow that he needed help. Any help. He knew that he wouldn't be able to move or hunt until his injury heals and who knows how long that's going to take?

And just at that moment, Tokki's willpower was absolutely shattered as she picked up the cat and basically ran home.

"I've always wanted a cat anyway," Tokki said to no one in particular.