The Cat Who Comforted The Weird Human Lady

The Cat Who Didn't Care

 

 

 

The next few days after the weekend were quite normal, and repetitive.

Tokki would wake up for school not by her alarm clock, but to Leo hitting her computer. She would then roll out of bed and slide to the floor, grab her clothes (that were normally all pink) from the chair, and roll to the bathroom. About fifteen minutes later, she would stumble back out, somehow get to the kitchen, and make a quick breakfast for both her and Leo, load up his bowl with wet cat food (that she bought from the pet supplies store that Hongbin also worked at), grab her really heavy bag and keys, and run out the door whilst blowing kisses at Leo. (He had also become surprisingly good-natured and calm.)

She would then dash to the house down the street and knock on the door, and not long after, a familiar face framed with brunette locks appeared at the door.

"Hey Tokki. You're early today..."

"Am I? Sorry Sanghyuk!"

He rubbed the back of his head tiredly. "It's okay, I just need to brush my teeth. Hongbin can be so naggy sometimes."

A deep voice floated out from the living room. "I wouldn't be if you remembered for once!"

Hongbin had just moved into Hyuk's place two days ago. That house used to belong to his parents, but they moved into a larger, more divine penthouse elsewhere, leaving Hyuk the house to himself. Hongbin could have stayed in his collage dorm, like other people did, but instead he moved in with Hyuk. Sanghyuk started to live seperately from his parents a few months after he turned eighteen, and was graduating highschool this year. The reason why they were living together now Tokki didn't know, but at least they looked happy.

Tokki and Hyuk went to the same school and normally walked together. Hongbin's class started half an hour later than theirs, so he just watched as they left, chatting and laughing like the old friends that they were (Binnie was slightly jealous). N-jumma had introduced Tokki to his other child, Hyukkie, and they became like brother and sister right away. (Well, not right away. Tokki was unbelievably awkward.)

She would then make her way through her tiring and messy school day, with subjects she liked and didn't like, and then she would go home with Hyuk. After they split ways, she would stagger home to her apartment, greet Leo, flop onto the bed while Leo lay down next to her, and mumble to Leo through the mattress about her day. Then, she would attempt to do her homework, and at exactly 4:45, she would jump up to hide Leo in the drawer while N-jumma flew through the door again to greet her, rant emotionally, and help her with her schoolwork a bit.

Hakyeon would then leave, Tokki would take Leo out and make dinner for the both of them, then they would hang around until bedtime.

But, today was a little bit different.

 

 

Leo jumped at the sound of the door banging open, not like the normal quiet entry. He shuffled over on the bed, expecting her to flop on the bed as usual, but instead she dropped her bag on the floor and smushed har face into Leo's soft fur. 

He twitched a little, but didn't react much after that except for shifting uncomfortably.

"Waah... Leo...." Tokki whined. 

What is it? He meowed quietly, as if she could understand.

She took the hint and kept mumbling. "Leo..."

Meow?

"Leo..."

Meow...?

"Leoooo..."

He didn't bother to meow this time.

"...I have tests..."

The school term was ending, as the term ran from March to mid-July for South Koreans, and the teachers were beginning to collect marks. Collecting marks, as in assigning tests, essays and projects, which was stressful for all the students.

And Tokki, was one of the most miserable. (Since she always overreacted anyway)

After resting in Leo's fur for a while, she grabbed him, squished him to her chest, and rolled around on the floor with him.

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh... Leoooooo what am I gonna dooo? So many tests, so many projects, so, so many uncooperative group members..." She sobbed.

She rolled and whined for a bit more before laying still and whining some more.

"Leoooooo... the teachers are soooo evil... and N-jumma is busy today.... and I need to mph--"

Tokki was interrupted by Leo's paw on . Leo then proceeded to wiggle out of her arms and then stare at her with his sharp, glowing amber eyes for a little, and then suddenly snuggled against her face, purring gently.

Of course, Tokki was taken completely off-guard and gaped at him.

Leo finished his random snuggle fest and sat back, looking at her.

It took about a minute for Tokki to process what happened, but when she did-

"LEO SNUGGLED ME I'M SO HAPPY YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" She pranced around the room before jumping to her bag and dragging out the contents.

"I FEEL LIKE I CAN DO ANYTHING!! I CAN STUDY, I CAN WRITE, I CAN DO COMPLICATED MATH!!" She continued to shout as she threw her homework and study materials onto the table, sat down with a thump, and starting scribbling violently.

The dark cat sat back and admired its work. You see, the reason why Leo doesn't cuddle with people often is because the effects are simply super effective. He can't cuddle with people everyday or they might explode.

"I SHALL COMPLETE MY HOMEWORK AND ACE MAH TESTS!!"