"The first Screening"

It's ONE in a MILLION

CHAPTER 8

 

Sulli and Suzy were sitting beside each other in the makeup room.

“3,2,1!...start making yourself stunning..Goodluck” The staff said.

Suzy smiled as she took a blush-on brush, she started putting powder on her face as her face got more enhanced. She draws wings beside her eyes using the eyeliner then she grabbed a full red lipstick and brushed it on her lips and that makes her really hot.

Sulli closed her eyes and deep sighed, she opened her eyes and observed other contestants putting blush-on, lipsticks, eye shadows and many more. She looked directly on the mirror, “I can do this…” She whispered to herself.

She began putting powder on her face, then she grabbed mascara and she put it perfectly on her eye lashes. She bit her lip thinking what lip shade would fit her lips, she then picked a very light shade of pinkish peach color for her lips, and she looked very fabulous already.

Suzy raised an eyebrow to her, “Sulli right?”

Sulli nodded.

“you’re done already? Without blush-on? Foundation? And your lips? That’s all? A light shade? Do you think it will impress judges? You look pale.” Suzy said as she smirked.

“uhhmm… I’m not used to wear make-up… and I think yes… I’m done.” Sulli said as looked back in the mirror.

“whatever…” Suzy said.

……………………………………………..

“Ok time’s up! All of you come out now and proceed to Room A.” the staff said.

They all stood up and fall in line, of course Sull is the last. While waiting for her turn, she rubbed her palms against each other to relieve her nervousness while Suzy is impatiently waiting for her turn.

Inside the room….

(Note: Mr. Park, Lee, and Hanston are  the judges)

“what’s your name?” Mr Hanston asked.

“Park Jin Hee imnida” The girl bowed.

The judges stared  at her as they checked her physique, height, and lastly the way she put her make-up.

“Why did you put your make-up like that?” Mr Lee asked.

“uhmm… I put it bec-cause uhmm.. it makes me beautiful.”

“That’s all?” Mr Park uttered.

The girl nodded.

“Ok thank you Ms. Jin Hee, please wait the results later, next please”

The next girl goes inside.

When the girl enters, the judges looked impressed already.

“Ok start with your name miss.. “ Mr. Lee uttered.

“Hello, I’m Krystal Jung, I grew up in America but can still speak Hangul., I’m 19 years old ”

“Pretty good make-up… why did you do that kind of makeup?”Mr Park questioned her.

Krystal has blonde hair and was wearing a dark eye shadows and a shade of lipstick.

Krystal answered the question professionally, “ I did it because the makeup suits my face, the shades that I used to my face is perfect for the camera. I can get the best shots and face angles if I wear this makeup.” She bowed and smiled to the judges.

All the judges nodded as Krystal goes outside the room.

“Very professional.. “ Mr. Hanston whispered to other judges.

And the audition goes on…..

“Ök..  number 148.. let’s go now…”The staff called out the girl.

Sulli’s heartbeat fastened as she’s only 2 numbers away before her turn. She breathed deeply, “I can do this.. I’ll definitely do this…”

“So… I’m next.. excited.. “Suzy muttered.

“149.. go inside the room..”The staff announces as Suzy clapped and followed the staff.

“Name?”Mr. Hanston asked.

Suzy showed the judges her seductive smile first.

“I’m Bae Suzy, 19, from America, I’m already a model there but I went here when I saw this good opportunity for my career.” She confidently said.

“She has a face of a Goddess ..” Mr. Lee whispered to Mr. Park and he agreed.

“So why did you put your make up like that?”Mr. Park asked.

“Well.. I used eyeliner and strong lipstcick, it’s not the personality I want to show other people but it’s because of confidence and to catch attention.. I’m sure every girls out there will feel very confident whenever they wear makeup, so makeup plays an important role in a girl’s everyday life” She answered quickly.

“Ök thanks Ms. Bae ” Mr. Hanston smiled as Suzy goes out.

As Suzy goes out, she talks to her P.A, “I hope that line about confidence from the internet impressed the judges..”Suzy said as she smirked playfully.

“She’s good, very pretty and has an aura of a strong model, but did you notice that she didn’t bowed when she entered and before she came out? Hm.. it’s a bit of an attitude.. but someone like her, I mean her height, physique, natural beauty and confidence, this company needs someone like her..” Mr. Lee shared his thoughts to the other judged and they agreed.

“Hey your next..” Suzy approached Sulli who is slightly shaking because of nervousness

“Let’s go miss..” The staff said.

Sulli deep sighed, put her hands beside her and walked with confidence as she follows the staff towards the room.

With her long hair down on her back, and her bangs showed up, she greeted the judges, “Good Morning, my name is Choi Sulli, 19 years of age..” Sulli said as she showed her natural smile to the judges.

“So what’s with the makeover you’ve made? I notice now that you only used light shades like you don’t wear makeup..” Mr. Park commented.

“I used light shades not just because it represents my personality but I greatly believe that I look the best just using those light shades, and for me misters, it’s not just having the prettiest make up to have the confidence, a girl should be comfortable with the makeup she uses, not just because they want to show something. A girl for me should wear makeup not because because they want to hide their true selves but to show their true them instead. If then, it will create great emotion in front of the camera.” She said calmly.

The judges were speechless for a moment.

“Thank you Ms. Choi….” Mr. Lee said as Sulli bows and came out.

“Great. She wasn’t just a professional, she has the passion..” Mr. Hanston said to the other judges.

“A professional yet a pure model of herself… I like her” Mr. Lee said.

“I thought it was just her beauty that will make her pass this screening, but she’s more than that I think..” Mr. Park added.

………………………….

 

All girls were gathered in one big room to wait the announcement of the result of the screening, after waiting a while, one staff went inside the room and announced the names of those who passed the first screening.

 

………………………………….

 

Lami, while on her way home, saw a girl riding in a familiar scooter, she called it.

“Unnie!!”She tried her best voice to be heard.

The scooter stopped, Lami was right, it was her sister Sulli. Sulli turned and went towards her sister with a pale face.

Lami got concerned, “Well.. just by seeing your face, I think you didn’t pass the first screening…” Lami sadly said.

Sulli only sighed deeply.

“It’s okay unnie… there’ll be still a lot of opportunities…”Lami said carssing her sister’s back.

“It’s not okay Lami, I almost died because of hunger while on the aidition… we should celebrate it!” Sulli said as her face and gestures suddenly became lively.

Lami’s eyebrow knitted in confusion, “Celebrate what? That you failed the audition?”

Sulli shook her head, she ruffles her sister’s hair, “Aigoo.. you’re so slow Lami-ahhh… I was just pale because I’m soooo hungry now and I’m planning that we should eat outside for dinner tonight because I just passed… I passed!!! I passed the 1st screening!” Sulli energetically stated.

Lami’s mouth just formed an o shape because of excitement for her sister, she clapped her and hugged her, “Congratulation unnie! Goodluck !!!”

“Ï can’t wait to tell it to Dara, I’m so thankful of her… she’s right I can do it..”Sulli thought to herself and smiled.

And the two went to a not so fancy restaurant but a place where they could really enjoy to eat.

………………………………..

Ok! Done with the chap 8, a little bit short I know yea.

Chingoooss. Hope you like it… sorry for the very very long hiatus of the story.. thanks for still subscribing to this story. I can’t promise the next update but I’ll work for it.. KAMSA!!!

Good day!

 ~`LovelyMinsul

AlwaySmile