Plan 7: Drink It Off

#Dove&Halo;
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“No.” Dara flatly refuse Kris’s offer and he chuckles drily. Using his arm as support, he forcefully push himself to his feet with a long, drowning sight. The shock is still etches on him with the way his face hardens and Dara struggle to keep her hands from reaching out to him, probably rubbing his back and the sadness away.

 

“It’s ridiculous, I know.” The words tumbled off his face rather rigid and void of its essence. “No need to look at me like that. I’ll probably bounce back faster.” She is unconvinced and he too, looks unsure.

 

“But,” Dara looks back at him, offering whatever warmth she could actually muster. “I could stick around for a drink or two tonight. Sounds good?”

 

“That is perfect, really.” Kris lips thinning into what supposed to be a smile and walk absentmindedly to the shelves of alcohols, gins and tonics behind the bar. “What do you prefer?”

 

“Can you even mix a drink?” Dara takes a seat on one of those champagne glass designed stool, her favourite bracelet charm clink on the polished marble surface.

 

“Better than anyone could. I’m that multi-talented.” There is a hint of playfulness loom in his face before it vanish as fast as it came.

 

“You’re such an .” Dara scoffs to lighten the atmosphere.

 

“Come on. What do you like?” His eyes scanning the bottles’ label while his hand skilfully undone his button and hangs the jacket tuxedo on the vacant stool next to Dara. Kris’s lips pursue as he intently pick on the bottles as a skilled surgeon.

 

“Something light. I still need to drive.”

 

“Is Vermouth and soda suits you? Extra on the gas.”

 

“I don’t know what that is but, it sounds good enough if I can still walk on my feet later.”

 

Kris nods once, the starched sleeves of his pressed white shirt is rolled carelessly, stopping slightly above his elbow as he grabs a glass and mixes his recommendation. He pour the gaseous drink and the alcohol in 2 to 1 proportion, biting his lower lips in wavering concentration. Dara sighs lightly, just what have she gotten herself into?

 

“The drink gonna spill out, Kris.” She touches his hand slightly to stop his action when the glass is already filled to its brim.

 

Snapping out of his trance, Kris hastily put down the bottle on the bar. “Sorry. I got lost. Here you go.” He gently slide the glass towards Dara and proceed to make a stronger one for himself. She sips once for the taste and drinks it all on the second; cool liquid slither down and snuggle warmly in her stomach. Kris did mix them well.

 

 

<3

 

 

Dara must have been a weightlifting champion in her past life since Kris is very well huge and heavy, and drunk at that time too, to be carried back home. She even have no idea where Kris’s private home is and to add that sasaeng fans practically swarm EXO’s dorm, blocking any possible entrance, deem to be the worst condition ever. Good gracious of holiness,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter