Plan 12: Finality

#Dove&Halo;
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

( np: Jessie J-Flashlight )

 

 

The doorbell at Dara’s house rarely ever been rung before – its button on the other side of the door probably need some oiling and maintenance now considering the lack of purpose of that button since she moved in into the lot. However when a long impatient buzz dragged her out of bed on a lazy Sunday morning, she was even more puzzled. Along the distance from her bed to the front door she eliminated one by one the possibilities of that unannounced visitor; Chaerin prefers restaurants and bistros than houses to discuss business, Minzy has her dancing classes on weekend, the morning delivery boy normally left her milk and newspaper on her porch and she surely did not forgot to pay her subscription and unless Luhan has learned the art of being civilized and stop barging whenever he likes there’s a high possibly that he might be the one standing in front of her house right now. She was gurgling mouthwash and her hair still an untamed tangle over her shoulder when she opened her door carelessly.

 

“You.” Dara choked on the minty liquid in upon seeing a familiar pair of eyes staring back at her and accidently swallowed it. The aftertaste, a strong burn spreading down and across her chest made her speed to the kitchen and scrambling for either some water or milk.

 

Kris took the opened door as a liberty to invite himself into the house. “That is quite a welcome, you know.” He teased and made himself comfortable on one of the couch at the living room. The conversation were light, mostly fillers in Kris’s part as he rationalised his presence in this house.

 

“What were you doing dropping by without a word?” Dara hissed back. She took another big gulp of milk and eased down most of the unpleasant taste at the back of . Her hair was neater after she combed it with her fingers and she wiped with a tissue. After making sure she did not looked as bedridden as she initially was, Dara joined Kris at the living room. She presumed he is used to her cartoon pyjamas and chose not to bother to change.

 

“I enjoy grand entrance.” That man grinned in response and Dara was slightly comforted at the ease and haughtiness in his posture. He is better than before, better than he had been ever since. Maybe he has come to terms with his own devils and Dara can’t help to think when she will overcome her own.

 

She rolled her eyes and takes a seat across him. “Such grandiose really. What are you doing here though?” Her inquiries are distant, as impersonal as ever, and Kris could not help himself but to notice the same line was drawn between them again. He frowned instead. She wanted nothing to do with him anymore and that was quite a blow to himself.

 

“We could always stay as friend.” Kris blurted and he bit himself back. Ever so reckless, he sighed and continue since the bomb have been dropped anyway. “Why are you so scared of reaching out? Will it kill you to try and hold on?”

 

Dara looked almost taken aback before a fire ignites in her eyes and this time Kris did not backed down like how he did in Venice. He had always noticed how detached she is in the first place when she was being introduced by Bom’s parents as his wedding planner. The way her analytical eyes sweep over him, calculating and categorizing, almost tipped him off at first but Bom loved Dara’s magical touch so a contract was signed almost immediately. Kris knew it was not his place. He was still struggling with her own fear after all but it nudged his sympathy how desperately she tried to peel herself away from any breaching against her personal comfort, her solidarity when she hated that loneliness too.

 

“I did not.” She seethed, the anger bubbling hot under her skin.

 

“Yes, you are.” Kris breathes out. “You helped me with my own devil and I’m thankful for that. But, maybe, just maybe, you need some help yourself too.”

 

There was nothing more Dara wanted than to flatly disregard Kris’s statement at that moment. She wanted it to be proven ridiculous, to say that the bitter taste in his mouth were from the mouthwash earlier and not resentment she felt from agreeing to his words. She scoffed, a little dejected and chuckled. If anything, Dara is objective and this time was no exception. Her relevancy overruled the prideful talk in her mind and she nodded slowly at Kris before laughing again. A small quirk on her lips quickly put off the fire burning earlier and Kris relaxed, the muscle around his mouth curves and he offered a reassuring smile of his own. She gave him a solidity when he was too drowned in his turmoil before and this time he tried to give back whatever she had gave him.

 

“Here.” He held out a paper bag to Dara and she first noticed the nice colour of it. Kris could almost see the gear moving in her brain and he exasperated back at her instead. “God, girl. You need to stop relating everything to your work once in a while. Might worn yourself out one day.”

 

She whooped and the bag exchanged hands. “Couldn’t help myself. The colour is pretty for the senator’s daughter bridesmaid dress.”

 

“You should be more concerned with the conten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter