Plan 5: Detour

#Dove&Halo;
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Luhan hadn’t stay for the night like he usually does or else Dara would have to worry on where to hide Bom. Lucky. He just left with a good night kiss on her cheek.

 

Dara puts her legs up and laid back, swigging few cans of cold beer that cost her lesser than a pair of highlighters. The taste was almost regretful but quite understandable. Maybe it was the lingering heat of earlier morning summer sun and a whole box of peperoni cheese pizza that contemplate the coarse taste of cheap beers. Her office attires is replaced by an oversize shirt and worn-out shorts to match and her hair is let down in a careless manner. Luxurious. Maybe she won’t need Venice at all.

 

“There’s this super cute trailer I just watch on telly and… We have to go and see it!” Bom gushes with her cheeks flushed with excitement, or perhaps giddiness, Dara couldn’t really pin it down. In seconds, Bom started to critique every minute detail on the trailer with extreme intelligence that surprise Dara.

 

Beautiful girls is common in Dara’s line of work, she did agree. But beauty with brain and passion on one’s career is a rare occasion and before she starts getting too attached with this chatter-bomb here, Dara need to get few things straight. The still half-full beer can is shoved onto the coffee table as the television sputtering sappy dialogue from drama Dara never care to watch.

 

“Bom-”

 

“Tolfv yewr tew kall mew Bowvrie, Daghong.” Bom speaks with cheeks bloated with food.

 

“Translation, please.” Too accustomed with this alien language Bom does when she’s eating, Dara just massage her temple.

 

The hotshot actress swallowed the food in and grin. “Told you to call me Bommie, Darong.” She fiddle with the remaining bits of pizza in the box.

 

“We’re totally not in that stage, yet.”

 

“Wow. You broke my heart.” Bom sniffs and look down to her shuffling feet. Once, Dara have been fooled and she admit Bom is a hell of a perfomer.

 

Getting back to her feet, Dara puff the crumbs off her shirt. “Cut that cheap act of yours off.” Bom chuckled, Dara just smiled back. “We need to discuss on your stay here. You’re a public figure, alright. There’s no way you could disappear into thin air just like that.”

 

“Yeah, I guess so.” Bom finished her last can.

 

“No. I can’t hide you here anymore than anyone could. Paparazzi is digging this story like dogs on bones and your family is particularly sad. Plus, Kris is hot on my tail.”

 

“So…,” Bom pull her legs up and place her head at the curve between her knees. “You gonna throw me out to the streets.”

 

“Of course not. Having one column on tabloid with this recent news have been bad. Throwing you out to the street will make me appear on New York Times. Just stop hiding and speak out. Criticism is unexceptional.”

 

A bare silent settled between them. Dara continues, awkwardly.

 

“I will have a charity concert

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter