Plan 3: The Lawsuit

#Dove&Halo;
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(#np Eminem-The Warning) 

 

She’ll come. Kris muse as he roll a cigar between his lips without lighting it up, he doesn’t smoke anyway but the musky odour of tobacco ease his nerve. Either Park Bom, his runaway bride, or Sandara Park, the wedding planner, will drop by as furious as hell. But, apparently, with contrasting reason; Bom will say he is out of his mind while Dara will accuse him of being an ignorant bastard.

 

But, Kris knew he is neither both of them. He is in denial.

 

All he wants right now is an explanation by Bom herself. Even though it have been a silent mutuality in both sides; Kris’s and Bom’s, to never speak out of their collapsing relationship but the table are turned. He need someone to blame and who would be any better to take the burden but Park Bom herself. When one give an elaborated explanation it’s bound to be a splendid excuse and of course Kris could escape the feel of noose tightening around his neck, perhaps.

 

Call him pathetic, despicable or even heinous but no one understand the storm and turmoil in him. He loved Bom, for god’s sake he does once. But, it is rapidly evanescing and there’s no way to fix this unless one of them willing to cave in and gives up their career. Kris won’t. Bom rather dies. The grandfather’s clock at the end of the hall struck ten and the old gears in the mahogany body rattles and chimes loudly. A hurried knock comes through the door, subtly heard by Kris. He takes off the loosened tie and toss it carelessly to the lump of his suit jacket on the coffee table before getting up and approach the door.  

 

<3

 

Dara frees her hair from the already messy bun with one hand and start to dial Luhan. He is the law advisor of her company; a trustworthy man in his early twenties despite he is barely even there in the office. The man picks up in two second flat with a jittery voice.

 

“Luhan’s speaking.”

 

“Good lord! What happen? How the hell did the lawsuit go through you before I know it?” Dara pulls up her hair again and pull it to a ponytail instead, loosening the pressure at the back of her head. Her body slumps lazily on the cream beige leather couch and the surface dip comfortably from the pressure.

 

Luhan have gone silent over the other line. Even without his physical presence, Dara can already imagine the young man - with a face unbefitting for a lawyer or even a damn law student – turning into a ball of nerve and jumpy from the news. They had never been sued. It’s just ridiculous. Absolutely absurd.

 

“Maybe…,” Luhan speaks softly. “This Kris is actually suing the company and not you. I got a copy of his complaint here and it’s addressed to the company. Chief Officer just knock on my freaking door, Dara.”

 

She can’t help but emit a small chuckle. “Why? You’re scared? Want me to tuck you to sleep?”

 

“Yeah, totally. Come around and make hot chocolate like my mom did.” Sarcasm is noted. They both smile over both end of the phone.

 

Dara checks her nail absentmindedly as Luhan rambles of the lawsuit procedure. It is short and neatly cut with no coating of nail paint whatsoever. “Do you think I have to do a pedicure?” She blurts.

 

“What the?” Luhan’s word halt to a speechless. “Where did that come from?”

 

Shrugging lightly, she lift her leg to the coffee table. “I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter