Apartment

Maybe i'm insane

--key—

I said goodbye to everyone after dancing. If we continue to dance like this, we will definitely win that contest! The fresh air caressed my cheeks, I felt my cheeks already reddening. I lit a cigarette and sat on a bench outside the dance studio. i was still wondering why  Taemin skipped dancing “something really important” I scoffed while the smoke escaped my lips. Histo-math ofcourse Taemin, I will believe you. I rolled my eyes.  That boy is not a good liar, I will teach him the tricks of the trade.  

“Im not giving you  money to spend on cigarettes” I was frightened to death when my aunt  showed up out of nowhere. She supposed to be in America  “what are you doing here?” I asked totally confused. How could she find me here?  she sighed and grabbed my cigarette out of my hands. She stared at it. I felt sorry for my cigarette. She just dropped it on the ground. “HEY! that costs money”  She shrugged “MY money!  I've paid for your new hobby ‘dancing’ I'm so glad you found something nice to do after school, but I just came to see how you were doing, I wanted to make sure that everything’s okay. How’s your mom doing?” She just wanted to make sure everything ‘s wrong so that she could take me to America with her. “ Thank you for taking care of me and She’s doing fine” I can only  wish that I  was telling the truth.

My mother was far from fine. But I cannot say that,  I wanted to stay with her until  she is healthy again. When I’m gone no one’s going to take care of her.

 “Kibum, what’s that on your arms?” she pointed to the wounds on my arm. “I was attacked by a dog” I pressed my lips together.

“Lair” Her voice was grim. “She’s hurting you, Why do you want to stay with her? you will ruin your life. It hurts me too, to see her like that.  She’s my sister after all. Are you going to school now?” I sighed and doesn't want to talk about it. “yes I am, how did you convince the director?” She smirked false “He had an affair with your mother, years ago. That’s all I’m saying…” I dropped my mouth. “NOWAY! You have blackmailed him”  She shrugged  “that's what you claim, My lips are sealed”

Somehow I found this tempting, But I knew I had to keep this to myself.  It’s better for everyone that Jonghyun and Tae doesn’t know about this.  “what’s the real reason that you are here?”

“like I said,  to see how you doing and because of work. Our company in America will collaborate with S.M Entertainments so I have stay here for a while, I’ve heard  that you are going on Teambuilding?” I rolled my eyes. “you wish, they are going! I’m not going on a vacation with school” I have thrown away the letter as soon as she started talking about team building. I mean c’mon I spend all my precious time at school isn’t that enough?

“You are going!”  She raised her voice. “Now that I’m here, you will listen to me. I have a small apartment  near seoul , which I use when I'm here for business. You can live  there until your mom gets better” My eyes widen, My own place?  For myself ? “IF!...” oh there it is. “if you keep going to school and join that Teambuilding thingy. “ she held out her hand and I shook it “deal! But…my mom will be al-”  she interrupted me “Leave her to me, kibum.  You have already been sacrificing enough”


“why are you doing this?” it all sounded too good to be true.

“Because you are like a son to me”  she laid her hand on my shoulder. Somehow  I felt she was up to something. Nobody will be so generous.  But at this moment I was dying to have a permanent place to sleep. Coming home without getting attacked by my mother. It felt like I was betraying my mom. I exchanged her with an apartment. I smiled at her and thanked her for everything. She just nodded and stood up “I have a meeting, I'll text you the address and the code of the door. Don’t bring your clothes. you will be surprised.  See you later!!”

I sighed deep and  rubbed my face in frustration.  “ I’m sorry mom” I whispered.  My aunt was really doing her best, maybe too much. Should I trust her?  I was lost in thought until it started to rain. Oh nice, a free shower. A  car stopped in front of me and my heart skipped a beat when I saw Jonghyun. Probably here to pick up Taemin…Too bad he isn’t here. I grinned, Looks  like  he doesn’t know where his brother is. I found it quite amusing. He opened his window.  He doesn’t wants to get wet.

“Where’s Taemin?”  I shrugged,  almost soaked by the rain. “He has to study for Histo-math, Really important, He cannot believe it himself” I repeated Taemin’s words.  Jonghyun looked at me like I was crazy. “I can’t believe what I’m going to ask, But can I drop you off somewhere?”  My eyes widen.  “Ooh are you asking me out” I teased as I stood up. “What are you talking about ? I’m just dropping you off” I laughed with his reaction. “I’m soaked, can I sit on your like that seat?” He bit his lip in fear but nodded.

“Do you have an address? “ he activated his GPS in his car. “No, I’m homeless” I joked, Even though I partly spoke the truth.  “you look like a bum… do you get it? BUM ..KiBUM” I rolled my eyes. “Ha-ha you are too funny” I took  my phone texting my aunt for the address.  “well?” He asked.

“calm down.. I’m waiting for it” He frowned “you don’t know your own address ?”  I shrugged “I  live in a small apartment near Seoul” Jonghyun scoffed “gosh lots of details” I laughed at his sarcasm. when I got the message I showed to him. He’s eyes widen “you live in the same apartment building as minho, how come you guys never met?!”  He said totally in shock. “I do?....”

“Your parents must be rich” He started the car.  I did not know that my aunt had so much money “yeah..rich”   I grinned weakly. “what are they doing for work?”  Buying drugs with last pennies, Sleeping with men, attacking  her only child, celling her child’s paintings,…. “She owns a business in America” His mouth dropped “seriously? That’s so amazing!” His attitude changed completely.

“Don’t tell krystal or she’ll bother you more” I frowned “Why, she’s your girlfriend?” he shook his head “Not really, she’s using me to make  you jealous” I almost choked on my own saliva. “WHAT?!”  That scared me. “ah god stop it, before I vomit” He laughed out loud. I could not get my eyes off him . He keeps me captivated. It hurts to know that he doesn’t like boys and that he will never see me as a friend or more.  “Have fun with her, et voila we have arrived” I looked outside the window.

My mouth dropped, it was a huge luxury apartment “No ing way” I whispered. She can’t be serious.  “yes ing way we arrived” He thought I was joking.  “T-thanks for the drive” I stumbled over my words. “do-do you want to come in?” I asked excited. I just wanted to freak out! This was crazy. “Maybe another time,  it’s really late and we have to wake up early for that teambuilding project, do not take too much luggage because I also need space for mine in our room” I blinked my eyes “our room?”  He nodded “I don’t like it either but I have no choice. We don’t have to hang out with each other.  Well I’m off, see you later” I was paralyzed when I got out his car and  closed his door.  “sharing a room? I must be dreaming” I turned around to the huge building. Yeah I must be dreaming!

 

I had apartment number 225. I was standing in the elevator with other people who were staring at me, I didn’t belong here but I’ll enjoy it. The elevator stopped on the 4th floor. When the doors opened,  people exited the elevator. I still couldn’t believe god I love my aunt!  When the elevator doors almost closed some crazy freak stuck his hand between the doors, so they’ll open again. Is he nuts?! Two boys came in and I stopped breathing. They were holding hands..

“Hyung….i-like you, like a lot” Taemin? What..minho?  I was confused. Liking a lot? Holding hands? …Noway.  “So That’s studying histo-math” I said straight to the point. They both turned around, totally in shock. “KEY?! What are you-“ they let go of each other’s hands. “I live here” that feeling ... I now live here. “i- we- but we dropped you off somewhere else a few days ago”

“I was going to visit my aunt  that day,  I live in apartment 225” Minho frowned suspicious. “seriously? I’ve never seen you around” He didn’t believe me. “Hyung..don’t tell Jonghyun about this..me..minho”  taemin looked at me pleadingly. I nodded thankfull to change the topic “don’t worry  I won’t tell him”  Teamin gave me a big hug “thank you” I smiled “no problem.  But tell me everything tomorrow”  The  elevator stopped. “This is my stop, see you tomorrow at teambuilding, bye”

“Bye Key-hyung” Taemin shouted excited. I knew that  they felt more for each other.

Jonghyun wouldn’t like it, disapprove such a relationship. His brother and his best friend. Better to keep this a secret. I stopped in front of AP 225. I pressed the number of the code and the door opened. I thought I was going to faint….

 

 

---------------------------

A/N: The Next chapter will be longer..with lot's of JONGKEY moments. This one is really small i know, and some things happen that are not possible in real life. But oh well who doesn't want an apartment like that?! i mean key is like 'homeless' in this story..a diva can't be homeless.  Well His aunt is up to something...but what? why is she doind this? :D and what will happen on teambuilding? will jonghyun and key get closer to each other...

bambambam...see you next chapter!! Thanks for reading, subbing.... ^^

tumblr_n9k0p8iA3h1thr7e4o1_1280.jpg