CHAPTER 1

Crossing The Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 1

 

“I didn’t get the job” Baekhyun sighed for the nth time that day

 

Luhan dropped her lemon tea on the table, “Don’t be sad, Baek, I’m sure you’ll find a job soon or later”

 

Baekhyun plopped herself on the couch, face first, sighing again before burying her face into a huge teddy bear restig on the armrest.

 

“I don’t think I’ll find a job quickly Lu..” Baekhyun quickly sat up and  grabbed Luhan’s lemon tea from her hold and taking a large gulp from it, startling Luhan.

 

Luhan sighed and walked to the refrigerator to have another lemon tea. “Baek, don’t think about this too much, the money I got from modelling is enough for both of us to stuff our stomach with food for this week”

 

“That’s not like that, Lulu, you know, we need a new source for our live here, we need money, we need income. The money you earn isn’t enough , if you know what I mean. we need TV, iron, microwave, clothes, make up,  and what else? Plus, I think this unit is too expensive”

 

“I said you don’t have to push yourself to get a new job, Baek, I know you eat like a cow and often begging me to buy this and that, but I don’t think that it burden me so much.  I’ll get the money for us, no offense!” Luhan dropped her lemon tea on the table with a faint ‘clack’.

 

“See Luhan, I don’t want to be a burden for you. I have to find a new job.” Baekhyun crossed her arms.

 

“Are you sure? At least I don’t think you’re a burden for me.  But Baek, you graduated from MIT for God’s sake, is that a really hard way to find a new job?” Luhan asked in defeat.

 

“I don’t even graduated from there! you know the reason why I ran away from that . And I still feel like when that kicked my out from her office when she catches me smiling to her husband, what an annoying of ing ! I don’t think smiling to my boss was the reason for her to end my career”

 

Luhan sighed and rested her arms on Baekhyun’s shoulder “Well, Baek, jealousy take your brain and burn your sanity, that’s all. I know the feeling about losing a job but I don’t think it’s the end, you know that karma is a , so don’t ing about her again. If luck is on your side, I think you’ll get a waay better job and start your new life. Just take your time and find something that suit your taste.. don’t push yourself”

 

Bekhyun inhaled a breath and exhaled it, sometimes her friend’s words could calm her heart a bit and the way Luhan spoke reminds her about her.. well.. mother.  “ Okay . . If you say so..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter