Never Before

Baekhyun wasn't even sure about everything himself. By 'try it' he had left the entire thing open. Try what? Having a relationship? Being more than steady friends but actually being able to kiss each other? He shivered at both the thought of being able to openly kiss Chanyeol, and again at the next thought that entered his head, which for all he knew could very easily be passing through Chanyeol's mind at the same exact time. By 'try it' what if he had meant.. Well.. ?

Baekhyun exited the bathroom, going into his room and staring at Chanyeol as he played 2048.

Chanyeol looked up from the game, giving Baekhyun a shy smile as a blush dotted his cheeks and a twinge of disappointment entered his eyes.

"I guess I should leave soon, right? Since there's not really a reason for me to keep living with you like this.."

Baekhyun got into bed, wrapping himself in a cocoon of blankets only to immediately kick them off as he held them to his chest and stared out the window, his mind swirling as he heard Chanyeol heave a sigh and plug his charger into his phone. He heard him climb underneath the blankets and his breathing become more calm, scared to break the silence with his words, and not exactly sure if he even wanted Chanyeol to hear him say it.

"I don't want you to go."

Chanyeol rolled onto his side, looking up at the bed where he could see the light outline of Baekhyun.

"What?"

"Counldn't you just make an excuse to your mom and stay for another week?"

"Well I guess I could try.. But don't you think I'd bother you?"

Baekhyun bit his lip lightly as he tried to look behind him without moving.

"But things are out in the open now. I think.. I'd miss you."

Chanyeol's breath stopped and for a moment he thought he was having a cardiac arrest as he heard Baekhyun let out a little puff and realized he didn't actually imagine the elder saying that, but the words had clearly left his lips. He didn't know how to respond to something like that, so he lay there, listening to Baekhyun's breathing as he tried to imagine the things they could do in the future if this whole relationship thing and high school thing could just work out.

He imagined that Baekhyun had fallen asleep, but about five minutes later he heard a light whisper.

"Chanyeol, could you maybe, get in here with me?"

Chanyeol willingly threw his own covers off, standing up and looking down at Baekhyun curled up in a ball with his eyes shut tight. He smiled, lifting the blankets and slowly slipping underneath them, rustling around until he could get into a comfortable position, and daring to slide his hands around the small figure. He stiffened for a moment, waiting for Baekhyun to tell him not to be so close, but the words never came and slowly his muscles relaxed and he buried his nose behind Baekhyun's ear. His hands slid over Baekhyun's as he closed his eyes.

"Baekhyun, your hands are ice cold."

Baekhyun smiled to himself.

"I haven't felt this warm in a while, I don't know what you're talking about."

Chanyeol had an irresistible urge to kiss the elder's neck, maybe pretend that they had been hugging each other for their entire lives, because somehow this already felt like second nature as he threw his leg over Baekhyun and whispered.

"Your feet are cold too."

Baekhyun took in a deep breath, relishing in the feeling of Chanyeol's chest pressed to his spine.

"Can I help it if these blankets don't do ?"

Chanyeol chuckled.

"I guess it's alright, because it just gives me a reason to hug you tighter."

"Of course."

                                                                                        

Chanyeol woke up, staring at a plaid shirt first thing and wondering where he was. He thought about the previous night, and remembered Baekhyun, and he wished with his whole heart that he could go back to sleep and they could stay like this as he felt Baekhyun's light breathing against his palm, but he had to pee and he knew he wouldn't be able to lay there forever.

He tried to slide his arm, half asleep, from under Baekhyun as he began to pull everything back and get up quietly, but he was basically completely wrapped around Baekhyun as somehow neither of them had kicked each other during the night and there was no way the boy wouldn't notice Chanyeol getting up.

He stood, and Baekhyun woke up, stretching and letting out the most ual noise Chanyeol had ever heard him make.

Baekhyun looked up at him, blushing, his eyes squinting as he struggled to make his brain start functioning.

"Where are you going?"

"Bathroom."

Baekhyun quickly sat up, trying to fix his hair.

"I'll cook breakfast then."

Chanyeol would've objected, except for the thought of Baekhyun making breakfast for the both of them was very possibly the cutest thing he could imagine on a Saturday morning.

Twenty minutes later and he was walking down the stairs, towel draped over his head, wearing a very crumpled Apple Jacks t-shirt and shorts that would've looked horrendous on the average person.

He plopped down on the couch where Baekhyun's sister sat, arms crossed over her chest as she watched some sort of melodrama. He wished she'd go back to being a hermit in her room, but there was no way he could ask her to leave without her getting curious, so instead he waited, watching the drama halfheartedly and glancing over at Baekhyun every so often.

For some reason, Baekhyun had found it to be a necessity to wear his mother's flower print apron, and Chanyeol found it hilarious as he looked over and blushed an incredibly bright pink as he glanced down at his outfit.

He walked over, carrying the entire meal out on a tray and handing Chanyeol a bowl of rice, sitting next to him on the couch as his little sister ignored their presence.

"Baekhyun you look fantastic in that."

"Oh shut up."

Baekhyun threw the apron back into the kitchen where it landed in a pile on the floor, and Chanyeol chuckled.

"No really. You're the model housewife."

Baekhyun hit him over the head lightly, shoving a spoonful of rice into his mouth and scooting closer to Chanyeol, their legs rubbing together and Baekhyun glanced over at his sister, hoping she wasn't noticing anything, but to his befuddlement, after only half a minute of nothing but the show making noise, she turned over to them, her face completely serious as she looks back and forth between the two boys.

"Are you gay?"

Chanyeol's eyes widened as a few pieces of rice fell from his mouth and he instantly looked to Baekhyun for a reply.

Baekhyun, completely taken aback, tried his hardest to act as if that was a stupid idea and shrugged.

"Why would you say that? We're just friends. Do you think this is America? It's not like seeing guys be this close to each other is rare here."

They both squirmed as she looked down at their placement on the couch.

"Any closer and you would be sitting on top of him." Baekhyun looked down, coughed, and scooted away slightly as she continued. "I've seen you with friends before, and you have a very strict rule of at least six inches, so, you're gay, aren't you?"

Baekhyun flicked a piece of rice at her.

"Shut up! You can't just say this in front of our guest!"

She snorted, throwing the rice back at him.

"Do you want me to tell mom and dad about last year? You know, that party. I swear I heard you and some guy messing around in the other room."

"I'm a I swear!"

Baekhyun was getting completely flustered by now, eyebrows furrowed as he glared back at his sister, and Chanyeol awkwardly sat, staring at the tv screen, situated in between both of them and listening hopefully for Baekhyun to come up with something.

"But you're not denying that you were with another guy."

"So what if I was? We were just... Playing a game."

"Baekhyun,"

Baekhyun's lips were placed in a permanently worried frown as he stared at the girl.

"What?"

She reached to the coffee table, grabbing a piece of meat from one of the plates and taking a bite as she stood up, her skirt spinning as she turned around to face them directly and pointed to Baekhyun.

"I opened the door." Baekhyun went completely pale. "You were playing with that guy's tongue if anything."

Chanyeol was feeling more and more uncomfortable by the second, knowing that the boy she was most likely referring to was Suho, and Baekhyun tried his best to choke words out in a confident manner.

"You won't tell... Will you?"

She grinned turning around and skipping towards the stairs.

"I knew it! You guys are together!" She was halfway up the staircase before she faced them once more. "I'm not going to be cheap." She tilted her head, pouting for a moment. "It's too bad. He's cute." And with that, she ran the rest of the way, slamming her bedroom door behind her.

Chanyeol looked to Baekhyun nervously as Baekhyun tried to regain his thoughts.

"She won't tell anyone.. Will she?"

Baekhyun shook his head.

"She's going to try to get as much out of this as she can though. She's probably going to ask me to pay her an allowance." He grimaced, reaching for a piece of meat and looking at Chanyeol curiously. "But you're not worried? About the whole.. Me and a guy in another room thing?"

Chanyeol knotted his eyebrows, staring down at his feet.

"The guy was Suho, right?"

Baekhyun nodded timidly, following it with a small 'yeah' and Chanyeol continued to stay focused on his socks as he replied.

"Well I mean.. I expected you must have done..." He cleared his throat awkwardly, not sure if he should dare to mention and rather going with "things".

Baekhyun's lips curled upward in relief, before he instantly turned to Chanyeol once again, setting his rice on the table and crossing his legs as he faced Chanyeol completely and the younger looked over with doubtful expression.

"You think we had , don't you."

Chanyeol blushed mildly, but it was nothing compared to Baekhyun's bright red face as he nodded.

"Well... Didn't you?"

Baekhyun slapped Chanyeol lightly.

"Park Chanyeol, I have never done any such thing."

Chanyeol, without even realizing he had stopped, began to breath again, easier, as if some sort of weight had been lifted from his chest.

"Really?"

"Of course not! I am completely innocent. Cross my heart."

Chanyeol pursed his lips and Baekhyun looked down guiltily.

"Well, actually..." He didn't know why he was so ashamed of it, maybe because he thought Chanyeol would think of him as a wimp. "I kind of, chickened out of it."

Chanyeol frowned, about to ask a question just as Baekhyun's cell phone rang. The elder immediately put a finger to his lips, answering, and Chanyeol could just barely make out a woman's voice as the two of them had a short conversation of Baekhyun replying with groans and 'okay's before hanging up.

"Who?"

"My parents. They're going to be gone until Thursday."

Chanyeol frowned.

"Don't you find it strange? My parents and yours both seem to be gone at the most convenient times."

Baekhyun smirked.

"Yeah, that's why you need to make another excuse and see if your mom will let you stay - at least until Thursday."

Chanyeol nodded.

"What am I supposed to tell her though?"

"Tell her you've discovered your true love and if she forces you to come home you're going to elope with a male."

Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

"Maybe I'll tell her our teacher is really crazy and assigned yet another group project all of the sudden."

Baekhyun pouted, grabbing some left over rolled egg that he had heated up and stuffing it into his mouth.

"I think mine was better."

Chanyeol squirmed in his seat, trying to ignore his stomach as it twisted into nervous knots.

"But Baekhyun, if I stay, will we.. Y'know... Do what we did last night again?"

Baekhyun chewed slowly, wondering if the thought of had even come to Chanyeol's mind in the same way it had his.

"Well... I mean... I liked it."

Chanyeol felt a blush reaching all the way down his neck as he smiled nervously, mumbling his words.

"I did too."

Baekhyun didn't have the courage to bring up something as audacious as , so instead they sat there, switching channels until they found something appropriate and continuing to eat their rice.

Chanyeol called his mom, getting the okay as she was all too happy for him to have a social life for once, and Baekhyun couldn't help but feel relieved afterward.

Monday came, the both of them walking to school together and being extremely cozy despite the hateful looks that Baekhyun saw every time they came across Luhan's path.

By lunch time, they were inseparable having to suffer through a class or two alone or simply in seats too far away from each other. Even during PE they had been apart due to Baekhyun's natural love of soccer and Chanyeol's complete hatred of anything that involved balls that could hit your face and cause damage. So naturally, when lunch came they were practically skipping into the cafeteria together, only splitting up as Chanyeol went to the lunch line. Despite how much Baekhyun had begged Chanyeol to let him make a lunch for the younger, Chanyeol had already felt indebted to the boy and his parents who had been paying for his every meal already, so he rejected the offer fifty times over and decided to go with some crappy soup instead.

As soon as Chanyeol found his place in the line, Baekhyun was met by an arm being thrown over his shoulders and a fist digging into his hair.

"You and Chanyeol are finally a thing huh?"

Baekhyun shied away, giving a small smile - more of a grimace - and trying to throw the arm off of him as he continually shrugged away.

"I guess so... Yeah."

"Have you done it yet?"

Baekhyun squinted at him, trying to not break out in anxiety.

"It? Chen what the hell-"

"Well have you? Did you finally have and get rid of your boyish desires?"

Baekhyun's eyebrows furrowed.

"How did you know I was still a ?" He still hadn't fessed up that his comment about him and Suho had been a lie, but he really didn't see a need to anyway. "And how do you manage to make it sound so disgusting?"

Chen chuckled, ruffling Baekhyun's hair.

"I talk to Suho y'know, and I'll take that as a no." He looked dead serious, staring straight into Baekhyun's eyes. "It's going to . Don't try to glorify it in your mind and have high expectations, because it will ."

Baekhyun shoved him away. Making a quick excuse as to why Chen should shut up so he can go eat, and ran to the door, taking in a deep gasp of air as soon as it slammed shut and trying to calm his nerves.

He's probably just trying to scare me. It's okay, he always embellishes on things, he just wanted to have a laugh, or maybe he was dared to say that."

He gripped his lunch box tightly in his hands, forcefully settling his stomach and sitting on the steps.

The door swung open once more, followed by a sigh, a little bit of shuffling around and a small "" as soup spilled onto the steps, and there was Chanyeol sitting next to Baekhyun, watching him curiously as he could see the obvious unease on Baekhyun's face.

"You alright?" He dumped some rice into his broth, still glancing over at Baekhyun and waiting for a response. "Baekhyun?"

"People already know we're together."

"Yeah? Well didn't we make that a little obvious? Is there something wrong with that?"

Baekhyun wasn't sure how or if it was at all appropriate to bring up , but that was the one thing bothering him to no end and it he weren't able to settle his mind then he wouldn't be able to choke down so much as a single piece of kimbap. Maybe I can ease into it.

"No. There's nothing wrong with that. Don't you think the school will come after us or something?"

Chanyeol pushed his new set of glasses up his nose, watching the multiple groups in the parking lot throwing things around and fighting over music.

"I don't think so. I mean, doesn't it seem to you like the principal has better things to worry about?"

Baekhyun nodded. How does one go from a light chat to 'I would like to you'?

"I guess so. But... Chanyeol, um, I..."

His voice cracked into nothing and Chanyeol eyed him curiously, stabbing at the chunks of rice with his spoon.

"What?"

"Chanyeol,"

"Yeah?"

"Chanyeol,"

"Just ing say it Baek-" Baekhyun looked at him in shock before he ended the word, "hyun." not sure if they were quite at the stage of nicknames yet. He didn't get this whole relationship thing and had no idea what the boundaries were.

"Well the thing is Chanyeol I'm..."

"Yes?"

Chanyeol was trying to prod him on. This was already getting tiring.

Baekhyun shut his eyes, his fingers curling against the denim of his jeans as he held his breath and let the words out slowly and steadily with the occasional squeak in syllables.

"I want to have with you."

Chanyeol dropped his spoon, standing up, and his entire tray of food tipped over, falling down the steps, the bowl rolling halfway through the parking lot.

"Are you crazy? We literally just decided we were dating."

Baekhyun looked up at him with puppy eyes.

"Don't you feel it too?" By 'it' he meant . He meant boners when their bodies touched and shivers at the sound of Chanyeol's voice, but Byun Baekhyun was proud in saying he's never once jerked off, watched , or watched an entire scene in an R rated movie without shutting his eyes at least once, so he was absolutely and completely unprepared.

Chanyeol frowned, his eyebrows knotting together and  his glasses slipping a centimeter down his nose.

"Well. I- yeah, I have."

"Then?"

"Fine Baekhyun. Okay. Let's have ."

Baekhyun smiled, but on the inside he was screaming. What had he just done. And now they were finalizing it?

"Um, when?" 

Chanyeol didn't have any idea what to say. Are you suppose to treat like a birthday invitation? Give someone time, place, date, and requirements? He was clueless in the entire matter.

"How about Friday." He had no idea what having does to you but he thought it might be a good idea to have a weekend to recover right?

Baekhyun immediately shook his head.

"My parents are coming home Thursday, remember."

Chanyeol squinted.

"What about your sister? Won't she" for some reason his voice dropped to an almost inaudible hiss "hear us?"

Baekhyun looked toward the street, his tongue at the corner of his lips - a sort of show that he was concentrating.

"Wednesday." 

"Wednesday? Like, in two days Wednesday?"

Baekhyun nodded vigorously.

"It's perfect. My sister will be at a birthday party and my parents are still going to be gone."

Chanyeol swallowed, nodding.

"Alright. Wednesday. Nine PM."

Baekhyun had never heard of setting an exact hour in which you planned on loosing your ity, but he figured if it was how Chanyeol handled it, then he mine as well go along with that.

"Okay."

Chanyeol turned around, walking up the two steps between him and the door, ignoring his tipped over tray, his eyes seeming to bug out more than usual and his fingers tapping a nervous rhythm on his jeans as he placed his other hand on the metal handle.

"Then um, I'm going to go get my stuff for chemistry. See you there."

"Okay."

 

                                                            Never Before

 

 

 

I haven't been updating because I read over my past chapters and was too busy crying over how awful the story got three chapters in. //laughs nervously// I'd try to add the structure of the story back in but tbh I think this story'll be coming to a close soon, maybe even next chapter? I don't want to over dramatize it or add in a double arc or anything, I think it'd become tiring if it went there, but either way I can promise you I'll try to make the next chapter higher quality (I wrote over half of this chapter ages upon ages ago so I'm not too impressed with it either) and it should be a real exciting one seeing that they're planning on doing the frickle frackle and all. I hope you can look forward to it and thank you for putting up with my ;--; Like really, thank you.