January 11, 2015 - Third Time's The Charm

Reality of Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

Surprisingly, it’s exactly 12:00am right now.

 

I’m not sure if you heard of this phrase before, “Third Time’s The Charm”. Technically, it just means that the third time will sure succeed. And in my case, that’s not true.

 

During my winter break, I didn’t hang with my two friends a lot. I only hung out with them once during the first week but after that, I just went out with my mother and sister, which I didn’t mind at all since I did have fun with them. However after winter break, my life KIND OF went down.

 

My friend, K, announced to A and me that she was finally official with this guy she has been talking to, and of course I was happy for her. They have been going on and off for years already, so I’m happy that they settled down and are officially together. During the same time, A told us she was kind of talking to this guy, who she met at a party. She knew him for a while and always thought he was sort of cute, but now they are officially talking. I was kind of skeptical at first, since they were moving extremely fast. I mean, they only known each other for about a week or two, but he already wants to make it official.

 

Anyways, everything kind of went down starting from Wednesday, January 7, 2015. When I say “went down”, I don’t mean that my life is over or anything, just down in the sense that everything is changing and it’s hard to see all change happening so fast.

 

So when did it happen? Lunch. So on Wednesday, I have early collaboration which just means early release from school. I walked out of my third period class to talk towards A before we went to our hang out area. However, A said she needed to go to the bathroom to put on makeup, so we did. I just stood there talking to another friend I saw in the bathroom while she put on her makeup, and after she was finished we went out to our area. We saw K, who was with her boyfriend; however she didn’t come over, which I understand why since we did leave at the beginning of lunch. But what made me upset was that she didn’t come over when we came back. I mean, personally, if I had a boyfriend and I saw that my friends came back, I would go to my friends and tell my boyfriend I’ll talk to him later. I know not everyone will be thinking or be doing the same thing that I would, but it’s just something I would expect my friends to do.

 

Anyways, since K was with her boyfriend, A and I hung out alone talking about things I don’t remember about. However, halfway through lunch, A’s guy came over so that the two could walk around together. Not wanting to leave me alone, A told him she was going to stay here today. He said okay, and stayed with us too, which I found was extremely awkward. Honestly, I’m the most awkward person ever. I literally stood there looking at them talking, and maybe said a few words here and there, but most of the time I just looked at them and fake laughed… It was truly so awkward that I wanted to KMS lol. During that time, I kept hoping that K would turn around (since she was hanging right behind me) and come over to save me from the awkwardness. Sadly, she didn’t lol! So the whole lunch was kind of ruined for me since I was just THIRD wheeling. Yeah third….

 

Right after lunch (& even break), A and I would always walk to class together since our classes were in the same direction. However, slug didn’t walk with me. Right after the bell rang, I thought I would wait a little to see if she would walk with me, but she just stood there talking to her guy. She said she would go, and I said, “Oh okay.” She walked the opposite direction with her guy and I walked the other way to my class. So lonely lol.

 

Either way, the day ended and I just told myself that today was just probably just a bad day. So, I ignored whatever happened and just went on with my life. But, the next day didn’t get any better.

 

Thursday, January 8, 2015. At break, everything was normal. But, things changed at lunch. Before I tell you what happened at lunch, let me tell you what happened after break. So after break, A and I were walking to class, and when we reached her class, she told me that she was sorry about how her guy kept coming over. I said it was okay, and she told me that he’s probably going to come again today at lunch. And obviously, as a friend, I said okay, BUT what made me a little angry was what she told me. “Don’t be so awkwar

Please log in to read the full chapter