My Fun

Clarity and Articulacy

Chapter 26 – My Fun

_______________________________________________
 

The cure is laughter.  

 

BG MUSIC ]

     They headed to the snow mountains. Of course there was a lot of disapproval considering Jimin's injury and how tired they all were recently, but the need to forget and temporarily escape it all eventually came out on top, though that didn't stop Taehyung, Jeongkook and Jin from being extra protective of Jimin. He wore almost four layers of thick clothing, with a massive scarf and beanie to protect his head, because "how do you know there aren't birds that swoop down and peck humans in the mountains", as mentioned by Taehyung himself. It was quite funny because Hoseok mistook the younger for Yoongi more than once; they did look alike at times.

Yoongi drove the vehicle with Hoseok as his navigator. It became very misty as they ascended up the roads that led to the mountains, and the windows of the car fogged up. Jimin reached up and started writing words on the glass, Taehyung's chin resting on his shoulder comfortably with two arms around his waist, watching. 

"I'm happy." Jimin wrote, turning his head to glance at Taehyung who simply smiled back, the two sharing a brief touch of the forehead. Taehyung leaned his head in closer by Jimin's cheek and held him tighter, murmuring a chuckle into the elder's neck. Jimin smiled and patted Taehyung's hand. "You're so warm," he said softly, never wanting to leave this gentle hold. It was secure and loving, all he could ever ask for. He used to wonder what he ever did to deserve such a beautiful person, now he just learns to accept and cherish. Taehyung feels the same way, but they don't need to personally tell each other anymore; their love is existent within their every action toward each other and even the way each other's names roll of their tongues; it's there and it's there to stay. 

"Let's start with hot chocolate as soon as we get there, alright? Then it's hot pancakes with syrup followed by cold smoothies afterwards." Jeongkook began listing, the hyungs grinning at him. "Food lover. You better have enough money on you for all that," Namjoon teased, the maknae's smile disappearing as he began pleading for someone to pay for him. 

 

     "I'm gonna go get another serve of pancakes." Jeongkook announced as he left the table without waiting for a response. Jin shook his head. "We'll be here for eternity at this rate." 

Namjoon tapped his chin. "Let's just play spin the bottle truth or dare while Jeongkook devours more sugar and flour then. Here, I've got an empty water bottle. Oh, and whoever's turn it is when Jeongkook's finished eating pays for the kid's meal." He smirked, spinning the plastic and celebrating when it points to Taehyung. "Truth or dare, fire-head?"

Taehyung raised an eyebrow to the lame nickname before answering with "Truth". 

Jin nudged Namjoon and gestured towards Jimin, a small grin playing on their lips. "When was the first time you felt different about Park Jimin?" 

The young couple blushed. Memories. 

"I don't remember exactly, but it was before the year started. I asked Jeongkook to swap rooms with me. Back then it was a crush, I guess. I never really thought he'd come to feel the same way."

"Well you're pretty slow, Jimin fell for you way earlier!" Yoongi exclaimed, grinning so widely it was almost creepy. Taehyung changed his mind about the elder and his boyfriend looking alike. "He fell for you in two weeks since you joined us!"

"Wow, really?" Taehyung asked softly, more to himself than the others. Jimin leaned closer to Hoseok in embarrassement. 

"Alright, alright. Next. You spin it, Mr. Oblivious." Namjoon interrupted. Taehyung spun the bottle, having it land on Jeongkook as the youngest sat back down. 

"Truth or dare?" 

"Truth. I'm too busy eating to do dares." 

"Um, confess a big decision you came to recently?" 

The four hyungs all rolled their eyes and booed teasingly. Jeongkook had his head facing down as he chewed. "I've given up on someone special,"

"because they have someone more extraordinary than I'll ever be." He said as he eyes still looked down. 

Everyone else at the table silenced and it turned awkward. Jin and Namjoon were the only two to briefly glance at Jimin who was looking low and playing with his fingers. Jeongkook broke out into a friendly chuckle as he rose a piece of pancake with his fork. "That's alright. It means I'll meet someone even more extraordinary, right?" No one replied, and he quickly excused himself for a drink. Even after he left the table, they were still silent for a while. 

Hoseok spoke this time, glancing over at Jimin and Taehyung. "You two are pretty magical." A smile accompanied his words, and the rest eased into the sweet atmosphere he created; believing Jeongkook would meet a better person was the way out. 

Jimin looked up at Taehyung and saw the younger smiling at him, really romantically. It fluttered his insides unsually and the pat on his thigh almost made him jump in his seat. "Yeah, I know." Taehyung said proudly, both Yoongi and Namjoon sarcastically pretending to puke. 

"Alright, alright. Enough before you all see half-digested maple syrup over this table." Namjoon complained, picking up the plastic bottle. 

"You're the one who picked the stupid game, stupid." Jin nudged him, the two exchanging annoyed expressions. 

And for that moment, everything was perfect. 

Jeongkook suddenly dropped his tray and all attention flew to the TV screen hanging on the wall, as guided by his shocked eyes widened under furrowed eyebrows. 

Fire-head. What irony. 

Fire up ahead. 

 

_______________________________________________
Author's Note // Chapter 26. Happy happy chapter~! I regret not making a short Christmas video to share with you guys. Hopefully you're all doing well. :) BTS were on Pops in Seoul on the 24th and Jimin was given the chance to rank the members in terms of how cool they were (watch it here on Naver's website); I'm not sure what else I can recommend to you guys. But yeah, remember to have fun and stay safe. :) Let me know how you guys have been doing ^^ 

I began this chapter on the 24th but it took 5 days to come, I'm so sorry~! Late Merry Christmas~! How did you all celebrate?