My Fault

Clarity and Articulacy

Chapter 18 – My Fault
_______________________________________________

 

Seeing my friends hurt hurts me the most. 

 

BG MUSIC ]

     Taehyung woke with his arm stretched out across the empty space on the bed beside him. Jimin wasn't there. He bounced up and looked around frantically. "Hyung! Jimin hyung! Hyung!" He fumbled off the bed and ran to the door, swinging it open to see Jeongkook right about to knock. "Jeongkook! Where's Jimin?"

"Calm down hyung, he's over at Yoongi's room."

Taehyung ran down the corridor and slammed on the door. Jin opened it and Taehyung shoved past him to see Yoongi straightening out Jimin's shirt and collar. The shorter turned to look at him with surprise. "Good morning."

Taehyung gulped. , now he looked like some desperate idiot. He ruffled his own hair awkwardly and turned away, sneaking glances at Jimin's clothing. Damn, he looked good. Jimin seemed to know Taehyung was staring at him helplessly since he was smirking lightly. He thanked Yoongi for lending him clothes. Once he was done, he exited the room while grabbing Taehyung's hand. The youngest in the room seemed confused at the smirks the hyungs gave him, and it made him feel like there was something only he didn't know about going on. 

"Let's go out today, Tae."

"What?"

Jimin stopped and turned to face Taehyung in the middle of the corridor. "I want to go on a date with you Kim Taehyung."

He blushed as Jimin hushed him to go get changed quickly. He grinned as he searched through his closet for his nice clothes, so that's why he wanted to dress nicely. 

 

     "Hand in hand?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes dramatically and looked away, too shy to meet Jimin's eyes. "It's like we're filming some movie or something..."

Jimin began swinging their arms back and forth as his playfulness shone brightly like the sun. All his actions planted a wide smile across Taehyung's face, screw this kid for being too cute to handle.

"Movie first?"

Taehyung cleared his throat and nodded. He wasn't surprised when Jimin picked a romantic movie, it was the moment where Jimin leaned his head on his shoulder with arms wrapped around his that sent his heart and stomach fluttering like no tomorrow. All he could do was gulp and pretend to follow what was bappening on the screen. Jimin was so close he could hear the shorter's breath go in and out next to him. In the dark cinema, he could barely make out Jimin's features except for his non-stop moving eyes and smooth cheeks that were contrasted seductively. Taehyung's lips compressed in on themselves; he stared at Jimin's side view and tried to control his urge to kiss him. 

Jimin suddenly tapped his thigh, "Hey, I think she likes him. I have a feeling in the end he'll realise his feelings and love her back."

"But I already love you."

"What?"

A big smile creeped onto Taehyung's lips and he threw away any ideas about hiding his emotions. Jimin turned to look at him and he sat forward and pressed their lips together, so sudden without warning and yet so romantically. He felt Jimin smiling into the kiss and he was certain he was doing the same. The elder broke away first and he lowered his head with a tiny giggle that made Taehyung's insides tickle. 

"I love you, Jimin."

Jimin lifted his head and gazed back at whatever features he could see. "That was out of no where."

Taehyung smiled, his eyes not moving away from Jimin's adorable flustering. "It just feels like I should say it now just in case."

"Just in case?"

He didn't reply. "Come on, let's see if your predictions are right." He wrapped an arm around Jimin's narrow shoulders and faced the front again. He knew they would have chances in the future to properly tell each other how much they loved one another, it's just in case something goes wrong in the short term. And besides, it's not his fault Jimin squeals so much, he had to think of something to shut the boy up. 

 

     "So where next?" Taehyung asked, lingering his fingers in Jimin's soft hold. The shorter smiled at him. They had been out all day yet Jimin didn't look tired at all. They were heading in the direction of the dorms but Jimin wanted to stop by the river. They sat beside each other in the middle of a medium bridge that extended over one side of the river to the other. Jimin leaned his head into Taehyung's neck and the orange-haired liked the brushing of soft hair by his skin. He glanced down at their wrists and smiled; he was wearing Jimin's bracelet gift and he hoped the elder had realised it by now.

"Have you ever wondered why out of all the possibilites in the world, and all the people you could meet, we ended up being together?" 

Taehyung shook his head lightly and Jimin continued. "I find it interesting how we found each other in this world."

"I'll always find you wherever you are, hyung. I always promise myself that I'd love you with all my heart and protect you with all I have. I don't want you to live in fear or loneliness anymore. I want you to be able to meet people and tell them 'Oh don't worry, I have Taehyung!'"

Jimin giggled, pecking Taehyung's neck gently as he exhaled down the boy's neck bone and sent warm air down under his shirt. 

"So romantic, Taetae." Bitter clapping suddenly interrupted the peaceful atmosphere and Taehyung shot his head around to see his brother's malicious looking face. He gave him a stern glare, getting to his feet and pushing Jimin firmly behind him. He felt the hesitant shifting of Jimin's feet. 

"What? Not happy to see me? I thought you'd be expecting me."

Taehyung glanced around momentarily before dashing forward to lunge at his older brother. He threw a punch but Taebeom dodged it and grabbed his wrist. He tried to throw another punch, but Taebeom pulled him around like he was some toy. He broke out of his brother's hold and spun a kick at the elder, who knocked it away with the back of his lower arm and pulled out articulacy suddenly. Taehyung's eyes showed panic and he was totally defenceless when Taebeom sliced a cut on his upper arm and sent him to the ground with a hard kick to his shin. He groaned on the floor slightly. Jimin gasped and began heading towards him, obviously terrified and yet desperate. 

Sudden sounds of distant footsteps creeped into Jimin's ears as Taebeom pulled out a smaller knife and threw it like some sort of dart in Jimin's direction. "Hyung!" Taehyung felt his heart beat stop. The blade rotated at deadly speed through the air and came to a piercing hault with a small whimpering sound released from the person it stabbed. Taehyung's eyes widened, Jimin's eyes widened, and the immense overwhelming silence began to be interrupted by the dripping sounds of blood onto the coarse ground below their uneasy feet. 

 

_______________________________________________
Author's Note // Chapter 18. Sorry this took so long to come! It's awesome to hear that some readers look forward to the updates of this story. :) And I haven't actually 100% decided who it was that got hurt yet, so leave comments about your thoughts/hopes etc. 

This was written really badly and rushed so I may come back and edit it properly soon. I'll let you guys know to reread it if necessary. :)