My Heart

Clarity and Articulacy

Chapter 28 – My Heart

_______________________________________________
 

Sometimes, all we need is closure. 

 

BG MUSIC ]

     Taehyung felt his heart clenching as the memories still burned in his mind. 35 houses burned down and 20 casualties. Damn it. "ing damn it!" He screamed as he punched the wall. The others stood by in silence as he cried hot tears, the liquid spurting out rather than flowing down. His mouth hung open as he sank to the floor. "She's ing gone and I didn't do anything to save her!" He cursed, fists trembling as he struggled to hold himself up with his injured foot. 

Yoongi nudged Jimin from behind, motioning him forward towards the fragile boy in front of them. Jimin lowered his head for a long moment before he shook it. "He knows she's not coming back. He knows it's not his fault. He's just upset...I don't know." Jeongkook frowned. For once, Jimin was sincerely confused and it honestly dropped their hopes in an instant. He raised a hand to his hyung's shoulder and held it tightly, trying to give a reassuring smile. 

It was a while later when Taehyung recomposed himself. Sort of. Jimin approached him then, handing him something over his shoulder that made all their eyes widen in surprise. The dagger of articulacy. Taehyung shot his head up at Jimin and waited impatiently for an answer. "I found it in your house when I went in after you. And also...your uncle didn't die in the fire. He must've escaped before we arrived. He's missing now." 

Taehyung frowned further, but after a short moment, he simply shook his head. "There's no point in worrying about finding him. He'll come looking for me, and when he does, he'll finally get what he deserves." Jimin looked back over his shoulder and met the furrowed faces of all the others, gulping himself because even he couldn't read Taehyung's dark expression. 

 

     Taehyung was dead right. His uncle came looking for him, and they found a private spot. Taehyung chose an open but deserted field. It was opposite to past locations where he first took the lives of those his family was payed to get rid off. It wasn't in the shadows either, it was in open daylight. And it was in front of all of Jimin and his friends. They stood by as he and his uncle fought, battled. They tackled, threw fists, swore for the hell of it, and tossed each other around. It happened, and there was a bloody end as Taehyung predicted. He was panting heavily as a pool of blood formed in front of his feet; one foot injured but he was still steady. 

His uncle glanced down in shock at the two daggers plunged into his abdomen. The twin daggers. 

Side by side, reunited, fighting for a mutual cause. It sounded too good to be true but looked too cruel to be applauded. Nevertheless, Taehyung killed his uncle with a sense of comfort. His friends watched as he looked up at the sky for a brief moment, and Jimin thinks he understands that Taehyung simply murdered the man that ruthlessly pulled his brother and him apart. The daggers have simply reunited one last time to eliminate the source of their separation. It's closure, and Taehyung cleans the blades thoroughly before wrapping them neatly inside their casing. For one last time.  

 

     Funerals happened and Seokjin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon and Jeongkook finally got to hear the full story. The start, when Taehyung was only about five, to the middle, where he had forgotten about his sibling and learned the ways of elite murder, to the end, the present. That's where they were now; the end. 

But the end to one story is the start to another. And Taehyung believes that in his next story, he will learn to create his own happiness surrounding a family he's willing to cherish and protect, alongside Jimin, whom he wants to love and care for forever. He believes it's possible. The first step into his next story was the first step he took out of the cemetery, with Jimin's hand tightly but gently in his own, as they strolled towards the bridge and waited for night to arrive. Then they wrote out their wishes in the sparkling sky and promised to be each other's stars, hearts burning forever for only one other, and staying alive for the sole purpose of keeping the other warm and safe. 

And Taehyung's smiling genuinely, because he likes the idea of spending the rest of his life with Jimin, "after I get out of prison that is". 

 

_______________________________________________
Author's Note // Chapter 28. I'm not sure if Taehyung killing his uncle was the right thing to do, it was more about him needing closure about his broken family, and especially how his brother and him were separated (coz seriously, if they grew up happily together, he'd be like the happiest person on the planet), so it's hard to say if it was the right thing to do or not. :/ It's also symbolic because for once he killed someone with the dagger of clarity with a clearer mind than in the past; in other words, after this closure, he's done. 

Anyway, the story should be ending at or by chapter 30 since V's birthday is on the 30th :) Subscribe to Look at me, sunbae! for Jikook+Taegi and Vmin Drabble Collection to read more about Vmin! Once again, thankyou to every single one of you for the support and loving comments. I'm pretty proud of this story and the feedback so thanks to those who took the time to read this story. :) Remember to always take care and I'll see you soon. :)