My Adoration

Clarity and Articulacy

Chapter 23 – My Adoration 

_______________________________________________
 

Even when you're all that's left to fight for, I will never back down. 

 

BG MUSIC ]

     Taehyung stayed up all night, neglecting his body that begged him for rest. He thought about his brother, about what they had, and about now. If he was dead, was he still lying on the hospital bed? Has anyone discovered his corpse? Have police come to tape off the area until further investigation? Will the news hit televsion? Newspapers?

And regrets. What if his brother hadn't returned as his worst enemy, if he hadn't threatened Jimin's life and his own...if he hadn't returned at all. Taehyung shut his eyes to let out another sigh, glancing over at Jimin's bed that Hoseok was sleeping on. He missed his hyung. He's put him through so much; he wondered how much more he had to give before he wouldn't ever be able to meet the balance line because he doesn't know how much more Jimin has to suffer because of him; that balance line between happiness and hardship. Rolling off the bed, his body giving in to gravity, he landed on the floor with a loud thud. The others were too tired to notice. No one had gotten proper sleep for the last two nights because of him. 

He walked down the corridor to the kitchen and drank a glass of water, filling another cup and taking it to the room where Jimin and Jeongkook were. He entered as quietly as possible, seeing Jimin and Jeongkook lying on separate beds. His boyfriend was still awake to his surprise. Jimin's eyes were staring somewhere out the window, probably admiring the moonlight that was more beautiful than usual. Taehyung put the glass of water down by Jimin's bed and sat down, the elder turning his head to greet him with romantic eyes. Their hands found each other and gentle fingers intertwined like the most natural thing in the world. Taehyung leaned down and they kissed, so calmly, so peacefully, so silently and yet so adequatedly. It was so nice and warm that Taehyung could feel Jimin's adoration for him without the need for a single word. The way they touched was enough to tell him that Jimin wanted him, and he was more than certain Jimin knew how much he needed him. They broke away and kissed again, again and again because this private time was something they hadn't had in a century. Taehyung truly wished time would stop, because he was happy. When he was with Jimin, when they touched, when they kissed, nothing else mattered. He wasn't the youngest criminal of his family and Jimin wasn't a poor orphan, they were just two ordinary people who loved each other. He wished that in their next life, they would meet again as nothing more but normal people, with normal backgrounds, with normal lives. That they would be able to live normally with each other to rely on, forever holding hands and looking out for one another. That would be nice. 

After their eighth kiss ended, Jimin giggled softly, a small blush glowing on his cheeks. Taehyung chuckled back, leaning back and helping Jimin sit up. The elder looked into his eyes so fondly. "I love you, Tae." 

He looked back with equal affection. "I love you too, Jimin." 

"All of you." Jimin continued. "So don't feel bad about anything. We'll get through this. Here, help me."

Taehyung's eyes floated over Jimin as he saw the elder trying to take off his own shirt. He grabbed his hands. "What are you doing?"

"Just...help me. It's fine." 

With some hesitation, Taehyung carefully lifted Jimin's shirt over his chest, avoiding the injury and stained bandages, and off his head, putting it to the side. Jimin then reached over to the bottom of the younger's clothing. "You too."

He did as told, both of them sitting there shirtless at four in the morning. They pulled out the blanket from where it was tucked in at the end of the bed and wrapped it around them, Taehyung shuffling closer so it was warmer. He flushed red at the thought of heat transferring between the two of them like this. 

Jimin reached up and brushed his fingers lightly across the healing cut on Taehyung's cheek. The younger had forgotten such a wound existed for a while. Then Jimin lowered his hand to Taehyung's upper arm, where he began unwrapping the bandage around the newer cut there. Taehyung watched silently, unable to not sneak a look at his hyung's sharp collar bone, sealing his lips tight as he gulped. Then Jimin started unwrapping the layers of bandage around his own chest; that's when Taehyung stopped him. "Hyung, don't. I understand your point, you don't have to go that far. You're nowhere near better yet."

Jimin lifted his eyes and they glistened towards the boy sitting in front of him, pleading to let him continue. Taehyung eventually gave in, shuffling even closer to assist Jimin. He held back a heavy exhale when the stitches and deep red line caught his eye, just as Jimin was holding back painful yelps. Finally, as they sat how Jimin wanted, he took Taehyung's hands in his own and took a deep breath. They were getting cold and each other were the only sources of heat to depend on. 

Taehyung felt sad, but he did his best to breathe evenly. The only reason Jimin was doing this was to help him get through this guilt phase. He wanted to teach him that it's okay to have scars, that it's not all his fault, that he shouldn't blame himself for everything, and so, he wasn't going to let Jimin be in pain for nothing. 

"Taehyung-ah, I like us- like this."

"What do you mean?"

Jimin looked up and smiled brightly. "I like this...being with you...here. It's like...home. A home I'd always be yearning to return to, and excited to be in. And I'm so glad, so, so glad, that you're a part of it." 

Taehyung felt tears rise to his eyes. Jimin was too kind and too selfless. He was like a precious flower petal made of snow, packed together with kindness and held together by love. He was so strong, floating down from the sky where he once may have belonged, spreading his care to those around him and giving them hope. "We will get through this. I know we will." He said again, and Taehyung felt his heart melting, snow turning into water and washing away his pain. He was okay. They were going to be okay. He believed that now. "Can I hug you?" He asked gently, tears b his eyes. 

Jimin nodded. Taehyung pulled him in slowly and held him with one hand around his waist, the other on the back of his head. Their bare chests pressed against each other softly and tingles of warmth vibrated through their skin. Jimin attempted to pull the blanket tighter around them when the pressure on his chest was too much to stay silent about. "Tae, I'm sorry but- it hurts." He mumbled. The orange haired pulled away immediately, glancing down at the wound area that was a shade redder than the rest of Jimin's chest. He glanced at Jimin's face, noticing how he was paler than usual. He'd lost a lot of blood, and it would probably take a few more days before he was strong enough to start running around again. Taehyung placed a palm on the side of Jimin's cheek, leaning in to plant a kiss on his boyfriend's forehead. Jimin shut his eyes as he did so, and the image looked almost magestic with the moonlight shining over them. The painting would be named 'Devotion', for they were now a pair of lovers who would be loyal to one another for eternity. 

"One last time, I'm sorry. But I understand now. You've done so much for me Jimin." Taehyung smiled, their fingers now intertwined once again. Like roots to a tree, and they were determined to grow well together. 

Jimin smiled back. "Every second I'm with you, I'm alive. If you're happy, I'm happy. If you're sad, I'm sad. If you live, I live. And if you die, I die." 

 

_______________________________________________
Author's Note // Chapter 23. I actually planned to have two-three chapters inbetween before revealing that Jeongkook wasn't the actual killer, but I kinda forgot while updating the previous chapter so yeah...I was contemplating about rewriting it but we'll see. Let me know 
what you guys think and if you're okay with the pace of the story. Anyway, as always, take care everyone and thanks for the support. Please check out my recently finished Jikook one shot: If We Never Met. Below is the trailer.