My Thoughts

Clarity and Articulacy

Chapter 9 – My Thoughts
_______________________________________________

 

You in my arms is like heaven on earth

 

BG MUSIC ]

     Taehyung made his way down the street, taking big and fast strides as he searched for Jimin. He stopped running when he saw the elder standing by a large display window, the ends of several fingers touching the glass ever so lightly. Taehyung quickly noticed the tears trickling down Jimin’s cheeks, seeing the bright, quivering sparkles in his eyes from the reflection of the television.

He made his way over silently and still with no words as he stood facing Jimin’s side, he floated his deep eyes from Jimin to the television screen inches behind the display window. He looked back at Jimin and it seemed as if the elder was the one who had gotten lost himself rather than been left behind. His eyes were stuck to the screen like he was in his own world of unexplainable yet untouchable pain, and Taehyung witnessed the deeper-beyond-deep entrance across Jimin’s face as if it was his very soul reacting.

Taehyung turned his attention to the screen properly and watched the movie for a few seconds. The little boy, who beared scraped knees and wore ripped rags that made Taehyung’s eyebrows furrow, was feeding an abandoned puppy on the corner of the street. Pedestrians of all ages who walked past simply glanced over his dirtied clothes before continuing on their way. The boy didn’t seem to mind though; he spent all his concentration on petting the little dog and making an effort to bring out a comforted smile on the animal’s lips. Even Taehyung felt his own heart shudder at the filmed scene.

Holding back a small sniff, he finally pulled his gaze off the screen and looked back at Jimin who still hadn’t noticed his presence. The way the bright light from the television lit up the elder’s cheeks that were damp with tears just made Taehyung feel overwhelmed by the perplex sight. He wasn’t sure how to react, or what he should say. In fact, he wasn’t even sure if snapping Jimin out of his entrancement was the right thing to do. But he decided that Jimin had spent enough time crying.

He clasped his fingers around Jimin’s hanging hand and squeezed it lightly. The shorter took in a short yet loud inhale as he raised his head and turned to meet Taehyung’s compassionate, warm eyes. Anyone could read Jimin’s expression and know that the first thing he wanted to do was throw himself into Taehyung’s embrace, but he didn’t. He was contented with the love in the orange-haired’s eyes and smile, and honestly, he was too tired to lift his arms any higher than his own shoulder-height. He was exhausted, and Taehyung saw it all over his face. So being the stronger – Jimin’s tears bring out the flaring internal strength in Taehyung – he simply continued comforting Jimin by staying silent and leading him away with intertwined hands. The only words he said were Come on, let’s go home before they strolled back to the dorms with the setting sun above them. Taehyung also decided to let the Your sleeve is stained red that slipped out of Jimin’s mouth pass too, not wanting to cause any more mixed emotions for the night.

 

BG MUSIC ]

     It seems like it may become a habit, but Taehyung’s totally happy if that were to happen. Jimin’s calm breathing by his neck put him at ease, and he liked having an arm around the boy’s shoulder. Skinship, it’s called. That’s what it is. That’s what Taehyung likes: Skinship – but only with Jimin, of course. Well, that’s what he safely assumes for now at least.

“Taehy…” Jimin’s voice fades off as he tries hard not to fall asleep before he finishes saying what he wants to. “Just before at the stands…I looked around…and I saw something I thought might look nice on you. So I bought it. It’s in the bag on your desk. Look at it in the morning.”

Taehyung tilted his head on the soft pillow and saw the small folded bag – like those white medicine bags with no labels. He let out a genuine chuckle as he turned his head back and brushed his cheek against Jimin’s smooth hair.

“And…I think I’m gonna go back and sleep in my own bed now.” Jimin said as he got up and slipped out of Taehyung’s hold, making the younger feel a bit awkward since he was seconds away from running his fingers down Jimin’s arm playfully. He swallowed gawkily before clearing his throat and turning over so he faced the wall. Avoiding Jimin’s eyes seemed to be the only possible way he’d be able to get some sleep tonight.

A few minutes later he heard a low ‘sorry’ from across the room, but didn’t reply to it since he wasn’t sure if Jimin was talking to him or mumbling with himself. He sent a short Goodnight over though, because no matter what, he wanted his hyung to get some well needed rest.

Time seemed to go slow that night. Taehyung was awake for at least another hour, just staring up at the ceiling as he lied on his back. He tilted his head over and saw Jimin well asleep, sighing in relief for the peacefulness on his hyung’s face. Taehyung had no idea of Jimin’s story; he never really thought of asking others about their background since he didn’t want to answer them if they were to ask about his. However, after the events in the recent few weeks, he’s got a few pretty safe guesses about Jimin’s past. He won’t force it out though; he’d prefer the truth to be revealed naturally to him when the time is right. Because well, the truth about himself is most likely something he can never reveal naturally with time.

That thought sparked a question in Taehyung’s head. What happens to people who know about previous contract killers’ true identities? Are they all killed? Surely the family can’t get away with numerous killings all at once. Shaking his head after giving up, Taehyung shut his eyes and tried to sleep, reminding himself to put the jumper he wore that night in the washing machine the first thing next morning.

 

_______________________________________________
Author's Note // Chapter 9 done! I promise you guys will love chapter 10 and 11 so please do stick around for them! I know 8 and 9 weren't that good but I guarantee the story will get better! Please leave comments and look out for the next chapter~! :D