My Luck

Clarity and Articulacy

Chapter 29 – My Luck

_______________________________________________
 

Maybe 'Happy-Go-Lucky' is true. 

 

BG MUSIC ]

     Taehyung was in prison for two years. Jimin visited him as often as he could, sometimes with time gaps of two weeks to two hours. When Taehyung was initially going to be sentenced three years Jimin was almost devastated, but a full year was taken off and the younger was relatively calm about the whole thing, because "Taebeom's whole childhood being tortured means nothing in comparison to this" and "I'm sure I'll survive". Jimin went along with him. 

They buried the daggers of clarity and articulacy between Taehyung's mother and brother's graves before he handed himself in to police. His family history was still a secret his mother took to the grave, the scars on his back were what he used to accuse his uncle. It was really all his father's doing but in his eyes there was really not much difference. Taebeom probably suffered worse from his uncle than he did from his father, and justice meant comfort for them both.

Every time Jimin visited he would tell Taehyung stories of what happened recently with all the others. And about a year and a half later, both of them due to turn 20 soon, Jimin brought exciting news. "Seokjin and Namjoon are going to be married soon. Yoongi proposed to Hoseok too."

Taehyung raised a playful eyebrow. "I swear I thought Hoseok hyung would be the one to ask first." 

Jimin chuckled. "Well...he was the one that bought the ring." They both laughed. "He lost it the day he was going to ask the big question. Yoongi picked it up and decided to relief Hoseok hyung of his panic by proposing instead." 

"They're so cute." Taehyung commented and Jimin nodded along with a giggle. They looked at each other and stared for a long while, awkward smiles lingering at their lips because they both know what each other are thinking. Taehyung reached out his hand and ran his thumb over Jimin's fourth finger smoothly. "I'm sorry...that I put you through this with me. As soon as I get out, we'll get married, alright?"

Jimin's cheeks shot fire red and he pulled his hand away, chuckling nervously as if to somehow cover up his shyness. "Pfft, what?! Married to you? Now why would I wanna do that." 

Taehyung grinned and sat back. "Well, no one's forcing you. I'm sure I could easily find ten people who'd be happy to marry me. You could be the ring man if you'd like."

Jimin's eyes widened and he stood up. "Y-yah! Kim Taehyung!"

Taehyung flung back on his chair in loud laughter. He had tears b at the edge of his eyes by the time Jimin realised he was only joking. "You're still the same, Park Jimin." Taehyung smiled warmly once he'd calmed down. Jimin rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, sitting sideways. "Well you still piss me off, Kim Taehyung." 

An officer walked in telling them their time's up and Jimin's arms loosened as he frowned. He glance over at Taehyung to see the other smiling at him brightly. "I'll see you soon, Minie. My Minie." He waved Jimin off as the elder left with a pout, sad he didn't get to say what he had prepared. A hand entered his jacket pocket and he held the little box inside tightly. One day. 

 

     The next time Jimin visited he was only wearing a shirt and tight jeans. He had more good news. 

"Jeongkook...found someone. I'd like to introduce you to him when you get out." Jimin said as he slid a polaroid picture over. Taehyung picked it up and smiled. "Damn, this kid has great taste, always going after the dreamy boys. Kinda like you," he added with a grin. Jimin scoffed in reply but decided to let the joke pass because he had more news to tell Taehyung. 

"Seokjin and Namjoon hyung are in the midst of planning their wedding. Hoseok thought it would be nice if he and Yoongi had theirs' on the same day, but we decided that would be too chaotic and also...they want to make sure you're there at witness them too."

Taehyung felt warmth stir in his heart. "Awh, they didn't have to."

"Nah, don't worry about it. Besides, if all six of us got married on the same day, then the maknae would be left alone and we don't want to spoil him anymore than he already is. You should've seen how much stuff he managed to get Seokjin hyung to buy for him because the elder had been in a good mood recently."

Taehyung chuckled. "Hoseok hyung and Jeongkook have been visiting me too."

"Really? So did Hoseok hyung talk about how he wanted white horses in the wedding hall? That hyung drives us crazy sometimes..."

He shook his head. "I...told him how I wanted something."

"Hm? What did you want? You could've just asked me to get it for you."

Taehyung shook his head again with a small smile. "You'll just have to wait and find out."

Jimin nodded and reached his hand out, Taehyung responding as they intertwined fingers. "Do you remember before you were in prison, that night we went to the bridge and watched the stars?"

Taehyung nodded.

"My biggest wish that night was for you to always be safe, always be happy, and always be by my side. And I wondered if it was possible to pick a star from the universe and use it to grant someone's wish, then I realised how stupid I was. Coz' I looked to my right, or was it my left? No, it was behind me. And you were right there, the brightest star on earth that had the ability to grant any of my wishes."

"Yeah, I was sitting behind you with my arms around your waist, and when you turned around and our eyes met romantically I kissed you. And you kissed back. And we kept kissing and finally had our first-"

Jimin slammed his free palm onto Taehyung's mouth before any more details came out. "Alright! I get it! I get it!" he exclaimed and again Taehyung grinned cheekily because Jimin may never get rid of the way his cheeks flush red at any shy thought. 

Time's up and Jimin leaves with a smile this time. Taehyung watches him leave with an ever bigger smile and hopes that Hoseok hyung is able to get what he asked before he's out of prison. 

His biggest wish that night, was for Jimin, when the time comes,  to say yes. 

 

_______________________________________________
Author's Note // Chapter 29. I think the next chapter's the last one guys :) (I know there was barely any in this story, but Taehyung's "...and finally had our first-" was kind of hinting that they did finally do it). Take care and see you soon :)y 

- Look at me, sunbae! - Vmin Drabble Collection - Be By My Side