005 - beginnings

fairytale love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fonts in this color are the events happening in the present.

Fonts in this color are flashbacks of the past.

She didn’t know. Was fate playing with her? Was this karma trying to get back at her? Or was it just a plain coincidence. She really didn’t know

Of the many music shows they could have performed at, it had to be the same as theirs.

Damn it. Chorong silently cursed seeing his group enter their dressing room which was, dreadfully beside theirs.

“You okay unnie?” Hayoung nudged the dazed leader

“U-Uh” Chorong shivered a bit “yeah I am” She smiled faintly.

“You don’t look like you are” Namjooadded, giving her unnie a concerned look.

“I’m just tired Joo, don’t worry” Chorong reassured them.

But she wasn’t tired,

She was terrified.

Of all people  of all places.

It had to be them, it had to be here.

The day they were first going to perform her self-written song of her broken past in a music show. The first time ever, of all the days it had to be now and it had to be here, where their group was also making a comeback.

God help me. Chorong prayed as they waited backstage.

This was the most nerve-wrecking stage they were going to perform  even scarier than their debut stage or the performances in awarding events. This was the scariest.

Because she knew he was watching.

Because she knew he was listening.

Because she knew he was there to watch her sing the song she had written for him.

And she was about to scream and leave the damn place if she could.

Bomi noticed the panicked leader. Actually, who wouldn’t when Chorong was biting her nails, fanning herself and pacing back and forth? And she knew why Chorong was acing this way.

 “You’ll be okay unnie” Bomi quietly approached the frantic girl, “-just don’t think about him when you sing”

“Really Bbom?Really?” Chrong sighed. That was the least thing she would do when she was already onstage.

“Think of chicken feet” Bomi added, obviously trying to light up the mood but Chorong was too nervous to laugh. Heck, she was too nervous to do anything  most especially sing onstage knowing someone would be watching, someone she always wanted to forget but can’t ever do so.

“Girls, you’re on in 5 minutes” One of the staff told them, holding onto his earpiece and wristwatch.

Usually Chorong would call the girls and tell them to form a little circle. Usually she would cheer an encouraging message of ‘let’s do our best’ or ‘enjoy the stage and perform well girls’. Usually she would cheer ‘fighting’ with them and smiled widely after.

But she didn’t.

Because this was not a usual performance.

Chorong was instead, dazed and staring at the ground with her heart pounding- it was pounding so much that she thought it would jump out of her chest and leave her dead.

She hoped it would.

And then she wouldn’t have to perform the damn song.

But that would cause too much trouble and drama.

“Unnie?” Eunji called, all of the girls were staring questioningly at Chorong and Chorong slightly shook her head “Sorry” She slowly approached the girls

Chorong stretched her right arm in the middle and eyed the girls as they followed the action.

With a short “let’s do our best. 1 2 3 fighting” they cheered and with an even shorter time, they all walked to the center of the stage and got into position. Then all the fans cheered and Chorong still heard nothing but the beating of her heart, helplessly crying for air, like her-quietly screaming to leave.

Chorong took a deep breath.

Then the fans’ screams died down.

The music played

And Eunji started singing with her sweet, angel-like voice.

Chorong looked at the crowd

And as fast as lightning,

All the memories came flashing back.

From the beautiful fairytales from my childhood

Eoril jeok bodeon yeppeun donghwa sok yaegi

-She dreamt of fairy tales then,believing they were real.

Suho emerged from the side of the stage, but it was only him. He wasn’t with s

The love I learned for the first time was all about fluttering feelings

Cheoeumeuro baeun sarangiraneun geon manyang seolleeotjyo

-She believed in true love then-thinking it would happen to her too.

Chorong remembered that their stage was done already. That Exo had performed before them.

I thought that kind of love would come to me too

Naegedo geureon sarangi chajawa jul geotman gatajyo

-She hoped she’d have her own fairytale, and spend he life in pure fantasy and bliss.

Suho was watching them. He was watching her.

Need you, I really didn’t know back then, need you, I thought we’d last forever

Need you jeongmal geuttaeneun mollatjyo Need you yeongwonhal julman arratjyo

-She fell in love with him, thinking he was the one for her.

Chorong knew he should have been in their dressing room by now, resting.

I didn’t know how precious you were and only complained every day

Gyeote inneun geudae sojunghan juldo moreugo maeil tujeongman burin geot gatayo

-He confessed to her then, and she felt like the luckiest girl in the world

Suho took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

Now I finally know that the pain is greater than that love

Geurae naneun ijeya arayo geusarang boda keurakeun apeumeul

-They spent so many days in each other’s arms, thinking it was the two of them against the world.

Chorong felt her heart beginning to pound even faster, because she knew he was there, just a few feet away.

This isn’t the love I used to know

Ige aninde naega aldeon sarangeun

-Suho told her he got accepted as a trainee, and they thought it wouldn’t change anything then.

Suho felt a tear drop from his eyes. And he swiftly wiped it off.

I thought it was like what I dreamed of, in the fairytales

Kkumsogin geot cheoreom dong hwain geot cheoreom geureon jul arratjyo

-They were wrong because things started changing and they started drifting.

Chorong felt like she was being watched, no by the fans, but by someone else. And his stare was making her melt.

I guess I was too young to know love back then

Sarangeul algien neomu eoryeosseonna bwayo geuttaeneun

-They barely met and Suho was beginning to distance from her just as he was distancing from him.

Suho exhaled deeply and inhaled, once again gazing at the brunette girl before him.

Need you, I really didn’t know back then, need you, I thought we’d last forever

Need you jeongmal geuttaeneun mollatjyo Need you yeongwon haljulman arratjyo

-Chorong kept waiting and each minute that passed, she was getting tired.

Chorong bit her lips and pinched herself just so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter