003 - melancholic

fairytale love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Bomi unnie! Chorong unnie! Dinner is ready” Namjoo called, knocking on the door as she did.

Chorong quickly wiped her tears as she sniffed on the tissue that had been held by her all this time. She checked herself in the mirror, gasping at how red her eyes looked, how her face was so wet because of the tears and how was dry due to crying so much.

“I’m skipping dinner” Chorong tried to sound normal, hiding her face in between her long hair so the members won’t notice how terrible she looks but her weird behaviour deceived her “Really unnie? Why? You never miss dinner” Bomi rubbed her eyes, stretching a she waited for Chorong to answer

“I just don’t feel like eating” Chorong simply answered with a hoarse voice.

“Unnie, you don’t sound like… you. It’s about Suho, isn’t it?” Bomi assumed, she asked and it’s obvious that she already knew the answer but Chorong still kept denying.

“What? No!” Chorong sniffed again and tried to smile, she didn’t face Bomi but she tried to sound happy normal.

“Yeah, like your loud cries didn’t wake me up. You were crying like there was no tomorrow unnie, don’t try to deny it” Bomi stood, up and patted Chorong’s small shoulders.

“You heard?” Chorong whispered, barely even audible.

“Of course I did. I may be a heavy sleeper but I couldn’t stand hearing cries, it’s just so creepy” Bomi tried to sound funny to light up the mood but it had no effect

“Then I guess, you wouldn’t mind it if I would skip dinner, I don’t have the appetite” Chorong sighed “Just go and eat”

“Ahh~ Unnie, it won’t be fun eating without you” Bomi pouted, she popped her head beside Chorong’s and pushed Chorong’s hair to the side, she gasped at the view “Ommo! Unnie, your eyes! Manager Oppa won’t like this, you have to rest. Look at yourself unnie, stop crying it’s hurting you” Bomi said, a worried tone heard in her voice. "You never cried this much before"

“I’m okay I’ll just sleep after thirty minutes” Chorong’s voice trembled

“Unnie~~” Bomi whined but Chorong could only sigh “Give me a little more time alone Bbom, I’ll rest soon. Just go”

Bomi sensed the annoyed tone in Chorong’s voice, so without a word she dashed out of the room not wanting to make Chorong mad.

Chorong however, still had tears running down her cheeks. It was all her fault, she ruined their love story all because she was a coward, because she was worrying too much, not knowing that Suho was having a hard time just so he could keep up the fairy tale she’d been wishing for, and all she did was put his efforts to waste, because she really didn’t know back then.

Need you, I really didn’t know back then, need you, I thought we’d last forever

Need you jeongmal geuttaeneun mollatjyo Need you yeongwon haljulman arratjyo

I didn’t know how precious you were and only complained every day

Gyeote inneun geudae sojunghan juldo mareugo maeil tujeongman burin geot gatayo

My love

My love

{Pre-Debut Era}

Ever since that day I never saw Suho anymore, I never heard about him anymore. I stayed away from his life and I guess he was doing the same for mine. Was I that brutal for breaking the heart of someone who did nothing but love me? For seven months that question did nothing but drive my mind crazy and as each day passed, I hated myself more and more for hurting him.

After competing at a dance competition in school, I found myself walking on the busy streets of Seoul, not knowing where my feet would lead me with my thoughts still on Suho. I just walked and walked, suddenly bumping into someone out of the blue.

“Mianhe” I bowed helping the person pick up the files which just dropped on the floor.

“It’s okay” I looked up and saw a man maybe at his late thirties.

“You’re Park Chorong, are you not?” His voice was deep and from the way he dressed    I’m guessing he’s a business man.

“I’m sorry but I don’t talk to strangers” I suddenly remembered what Suho my parents told me to do upon meeting a stranger.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Where are my manners?” The man smoothed the creases on his coat and looked at me with a little smile on his face “I’m from JYP entertainment” My eyes grew wide at the sudden mention of a very famous company “..and I just came from your school where you had competed for a dance competition” I was at a loss of words and I just stared at him in shock. I shook my thoughts off after realizing I’ve been zoning out for a few seconds already “A-Ah, yes please continue” I stuttered

“You are a great dancer Miss Park, it would be great if you would audition next Saturday at the entertainment” He pulled a card form his coat “And in case you might think this is a joke, I’m handing in my business card so you may contact the company yourself if you are interested” He gave me the card and I was left flabbergasted, this is all too fast.

“I have to get going. Please think this through Miss Park, I know that you’re a talented child and I also know you’ll have a bright future ahead of you if you audition and pass” And just like that, the man dashed out of my sight and I still stood there with my mind completely blank.

 

After a few second of processing what just happened, I took a taxi, got home and immediately told my parents about the news and they were more than happy to hear so. For a moment, I was excited, happy and all those good feelings with the thought of me training to be an idol made me so giggly, but the word ‘training’ triggered a painful emotion in me.

If I do this and if ever I passed the auditions, finish the years of training and become an idol, there would be a big possibility of seeing him again and I don’t what I would do then. I don’t know how I should react, how should I feel seeing the man whom I loved so much and hurt in the end. What should I do then?

No Rong, you’re overthinking this too much again. I thought.

“Omma, appa should I give this a shot?” Omma and appa looked at each other, gave me a soft smile before saying “If that’s what you want, maybe you should honey” Omma held my hand

“There’s no harm in trying right Rong?” Appa encouraged.

I smiled, ran up to my room, and started choosing songs for the auditions.

“I’m gonna audition Suho… “ I murmured under my breathe

 

Walking out of the dorm, Chorong took a quick glance at the mirror. She was wearing black jogging pants, a hoodie and sunglasses. Glancing at her watch it was already 1 in the morning but she still couldn’t sleep. Was it even a good idea to write a song for him? All she did was cry all day and hate herself. What happens if she sang this on stage? What if she breaks down and cry infront of the fans?

No, you took acting lessons. Chorong thought to herself as she walked around the cold, barely lit park. No one was there which was a relief. She sat on the bench and stared at the evening view of Seoul.

“Junmyeon-ah… I miss you…” She inhaled deeply “…again” and exaled after

Biting her lip so she tear won’t drop, she felt a tap on her shoulder. Panicking, Chrong was deciding what to do, she had two choices   if she twisted the person’s arm, it might be a fan and she would give a bad impression or she could simply turn around and see who the person is herself. Choosing the second, she spins her head around and sees Eunji.

“Unnie~ why are you here? It’s dangerous you know?” Eunji sits beside Chorong as Chorong sighs in relief.

“I couldn’t sleep” Chorong murmurs

“Why? Because of Suho?” Eunji nonchalantly asked

“Eunj-ah I know you’re tired just go back to the dorm, I’ll go back later” Chorong tried to change the topic but Eunji is Eunji and that means she won’t let anything like this pass so easily “I won’t. I don’t want to sleep” She replies.

“Unnie, I’m sorry” Eunji suddenly says making Chorong wonder why

“Why are you saying sorry?”Chorong tilted her head to face Eunj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter