001 - enough

fairytale love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fonts in this color is about the present and Author's pov

Fonts in this color is about the past and Chorong's pov

The sun was shining brightly and the wind was touching Chorong’s soft cheeks as she entered her company’s building. She sighed, taking baby steps to the President’s lavish office. Preparing for a comeback and barely having enough sleep—something she got accustomed to already, yet she still feels like she and her members need a little more rest for working 24/7.

And now, early in the morning and she was called to the President’s office. Chorong took a deep breathe, and then knocked on the door. She went in once she heard the President’s permission. Bowing her head, she greets “Good Morning sajang-nim”

“Yes, good morning Chorong-ah.” He greeted as he gave Chorong a warm smile before saying “You know that you will be having your comeback soon, right? It would be much appreciated if you could help us write songs for your album” The President said, running his hands through the pile of files on his table.

“I would love to sajang-nim, in fact I have been thinking of writing ones” Chorong smiled, suddenly thinking of what concept she’ll be using for the songs—love songs, she inwardly patted her shoulder.

“That’s good then, you have a busy schedule so I will try and insert some time in for you to get started” The President said, giving Chorong a smile which Chorong returned immediately  in an instant “Neh sajang-nim”

“Since, you don’t have much to do today, it would be great if you could start working on the songs and when you’re done writing the lyrics we could call the producers to help you finish composing it” Chorong nodded, after a few seconds of silence, it was clear to her that the president had nothing more to discuss with her, so she bowed respectfully before saying goodbye and exiting the busy office and soon headed to the van where her manager was waiting.

An idol meant busy schedules, hectic days, tiring practices and sleepless nights. And just like what Chorong always does, she dozed off in the van, getting as much sleep as she could before a busy day starts knocking on the door ready to tire her again.

Being an idol certainly wasn’t an easy job and Chorong wouldn’t deny it. It was hard yet everything pays off when you hear the fans’ screams for you, when you hear them singing along to your music, it was just heart-warming for every idol to hear so. This was probably the reason why she started writing songs herself. Not only could she improve her skills but there’s this feeling of happiness and comfort when she does. Song writing is probably one of the only ways she could express her emotions about her past that had been haunting her thoughts from the start.

The girls knew lying to the fans was wrong but it would still be calming to the hearts of their fans if they would say they didn’t have love experiences right? But seriously, how could a girl not have her own love story? As far as they know, there’s no girl in the world that doesn’t have her own love fairytale even innocent idols like them. In Apink’s situation, each member had their own love stories may it be with a boyfriend or just a crush everything seemed so magical to them in their teenage years but was eventually forced to end painfully all because of the dream they wanted to meet. Chorong however had the most painful experience among them. Well, she was the only one whose ex happened to be an idol as well.

Chorong didn’t say much about her love life and how magical yet painful it was for her, she could only lie and pretend she didn’t have one nor had any experience but if she wouldn’t say so, fans are not to be underestimated because they could come up with stories and evidences about her past before she could even find out herself and that was the only way to avoid rumors about her and the famous idol she spent half her life with.

There weren’t many rumors about them, a few articles here and there stating that the two had a past. Though it was alarming to both companies who knew what situation the two were in, the articles didn’t seem to have proof and so they let it slide off their shoulders.

The two groups would often encounter fan-made videos of them and the fans even made a couple name called “ExoPink” which made everything get so awkward when they meet each other. And when their audio leaked rumor had been spread out. Apink for sure received hateful comments for something they have not done. The bashings were enough warnings for Chorong to keep herself more distant to him than she already is. She can’t risk their careers and dreams just because of the past she shared with the man she can never seem to move on from.

Oh how she wished she could relive those moments with him, how she could feel his warmth again, how she could hear those three special words that sounded more special if he was the one to say it to her. But it’s too late because they have built their dreams…without each other in it and there’s nothing more that they could do.

“What did sajang-nim say, unnie?” Namjoo asked after hearing the click of the door opening revealing a tired Chorong.

“He asked me if I could write songs for our new album” Chorong answered, taking her shoes off then dragging her feet lazily to the living room afterwards.

“Ohhh… That’s great. What concept are you planning? Love songs? Oooh that would be great. I know you’ll write good songs unnie especially because of Su- Umm…” Namjoo’s baffling slew down when a realization hit her, she wasn’t supposed to bring up that topic. “Mianhe unnie”

Yet Chorong didn’t seem as bothered as she was before about it… In fact she would love to reminisce their every moment together. It was already years ago, and although it still scars her heart, their fairytale was so beautiful that it mad everything even harder to forget  and it would never ever leave her thoughts “It’s okay Joo. It was in the past” Chorong sighed then sat on the couch beside Namjoo ‘But I wouldn’t forget that beautiful memory of us.’ She thought

Hayoung, who just came out of the kitchen with a cup of coffee on her hands decided to join the conversation her unnies were having “But unnie, you still love him right?” she asked, squeezing herself in between the girls who were lounging on the couch.

“I don’t know” Chorong sighed, trying to deny the fact that she still does. She then stood up and walked to her room “I’m gonna start writing songs… You girls should get some rest” She said, smiling weakly and closing the door after.

‘I didn’t know back then… that he was so precious to me. I shouldn’t have wasted my time with him… Because now, all I could do is bow to him acting like we don’t each other, like we didn’t love each other and just walk past each other not caring because we have to. And right now all I could do is cry with a happy mask.’ She thought, her tears b by the corner of her eyes. She couldn’t stop thinking about him… Each and every time she sees him… it pains her even more to pretend like she doesn’t know him.

Then it struck her ‘That’s it! I need to a song for him. He might not know that this is what I feel but at least I would be able to express the pain I’ve been feeling, how badly I’ve been missing him’ She thought, her mind running wild with ideas but all leading to the same words.

Chorong grabbed a pen, a notepad and began writing as memories flashed in her mind and emotions started piercing their way to her locked-up heart. She started scribbling the first words she could think of, with those precious memories.

From the beautiful fairytales from my childhood

Eoril jeok bodeon yeppeun donghwasok yaegi

The love I learned for the first time was all about fluttering feelings

Cheoeumeuro baeun sarangiraneun geon manyang seolleeotjyo

 

“And they lived happily ever after” Omma smiled sweetly as she closed my favorite book, putting it back to its original position… beside my pillow.

“Omma, do you think I’ll have a happy ending with my prince charming too?” I smiled genuinely, hoping for a yes.

“You will my baby. You will” Omma kissed my forehead like how she always does, covering my body with my blanket as she leaves my room with my nightlight as the only source of light in the darkness “Good night Rongiee.”

“Good night Omma”

That night, I dreamt like how I always do. I dreamt of running down my tower, the long edges of my dress held by my hands as I ran down the stairs. I opened the door and there I saw my prince charming, hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter